January 2017 Moms
Options

Maybe the weirdest CM question ever

zdmd_14zdmd_14 member
edited June 2016 in January 2017 Moms
So....this is probably all totally normal (in the realm of pregnancy anyway), but today while attempting to use the toilet (thank you constipation), I noticed the stretchiest glob of CM ever. Like...I became very familiar with my CM while TTC and I've never seen anything like it. this CM does not break.  I cannot wipe it off or or anything.  I even pulled on it (weird, again I know) and it's going no where.  

Someone  tell me this is normal haha

ETA---I wonder if it could be my mucus plug.  I've been somewhat crampy all day (more than usual) but nothing horrible. 
DD1 (2008) DD2 (2010), #3 (DH's first bio kid) on the way in January 2017!
Almost always mobile bumping--forgive my typos. :)

Re: Maybe the weirdest CM question ever

• Options
    I've had unbreakable cm before - it's normal as far as I know! 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Options
    I had a giant glob of stretchy CM ~3 weeks ago (so sometime during week 9 or 10?). I just assumed it was some mucus plug. It's constantly regenerating itself throughout pregnancy so it's not a huge deal if you lose a little bit of it.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    If you lose your mucus plug are you supposed to avoid sex?
    Im glad I have a midwife appt tomorrow--it's well timed!
    DD1 (2008) DD2 (2010), #3 (DH's first bio kid) on the way in January 2017!
    Almost always mobile bumping--forgive my typos. :)
  • Options
    The mucus plug regenerates, though I'm thinking it might be wonky cm. I would avoid sex because of cramping. Though the cramping can totally be due to the constipation you mentioned or round ligament pain. 
  • Options
    Heh yeah just mention it to your midwife at your appt. It's probably totally normal though! If you're not already, might want to drink up some extra water, it can help with the cramping (assuming it's just growing pains/RLP)