November 2016 Moms

SAVE OUR BOARD & OUR SANITY

SandNStarsNJSandNStarsNJ member
edited June 2016 in November 2016 Moms

Our BMB is beginning to fall apart, ladies. I know a lot of you are just getting active and I think we really need to make the effort to clean up our Board. If you don't believe me, check out another BMB. So I'm reposting some of @m6agua material in hopes that we can reboot this mess. (And if not, I'm personally out.)

First, please use the search function. As we get more people and more threads, there are sure to be duplicate posts. For easy to answer questions, the search box will be your friend. It's on the top right on desktop, bottom of the page on mobile. 

Next, introduce yourself on this thread.

and add your due date, birth date, team, sex, and babies name here.

Some links that you may find helpful:
What do all of those abbreviations mean?
I want a ticker on my signature!
How to update/change my siggy (signature).

For those of you that are new to TB since you got your BFP, the below are standard threads to all boards. Anyone can start these threads, just please do not duplicate! Some work better if one person volunteers and those that have are listed below. Feel free to volunteer! If you accidentally start a duplicate thread, that's a great opportunity to start a GIF party!

Daily Threads: (please add date to thread title)
-Ticker Changes (when your weeks progression changes, you participate in that day. For example, if I will be 10 weeks on Thursday, that's the day I participate)

Weekly Threads: these will be posted on Mondays and will run the course of the week. (please add Monday's date to thread title)  - We need volunteers! 
-Symptoms Check-In @MrsMaryK2016
-Moms of Multiples Check-In 
-PGAL Check-In @tigerfish227 & @lajoliedreamer
-Weekly Appointments Check-In @SandNStarsNJ
-Fitness Check-In @irshdancr5500
-GTKY of the week 

Weekday Threads: happen once a week on the same day (please add date to thread title)
-Monday B*tchfest 
-Man Crush Monday (MCM) @Greencows4812
-Meal Plan Monday @irshdancr5500
-TMI Tuesday @desoky01
-Ten Things Tuesday (TTT) 
-What The F*ck (WTF) Wednesday @MrsMaryK2016
-Hump Day Bump Day (HDBD)* @SandNStarsNJ
-Unpopular Opinion (UO) Thursday @Leash14a
-Flame Free Friday Confessions (FFFC) 
-Weekend Randoms @hjmommaplus1

Monthly Threads
-Nursery Updates
-High Risk Mamas 
-TTGP Grad Check-In 
-Siggy Challenge 
-Infertility (IF) Check-In 

- C-section/VBAC Check-in - @fiscally3

If you'd like to volunteer to post a weekly thread, just post below with your thread of choice! Also these threads can change and are by no means set in stone. We can decide to add new ones, get rid of some, or change them as time goes on. If no one volunteers, it just won't happen - or someone can start it later.

Please try this?

Married: 08.05.11
Welcomed baby girl: 06.10.14
Second pregnancy EDD: 06.16.16 MC: 10.29.15
Welcomed baby boy: 11.25.16

Re: SAVE OUR BOARD & OUR SANITY

• SandNStarsNJSandNStarsNJ member
    edited June 2016
  • MrsMaryK2016MrsMaryK2016 member
    edited June 2016
    I'm volunteering to do the WTF post seeing as I already did it this week. And I'll do the Symptoms Check In on Mondays.

And thank you @SandNStarsNJ, this is exactly what I meant by doing a sign up! Hopefully this helps keep the board fun and uncluttered.

**Edited to add another post I'm volunteering for**
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks @MrsMaryK2016 ! Fingers crossed this works.

• And it might be easier if you edit your original post to add UN's as people volunteer. I guarantee most people won't read everyone's posts with what they're signing up for.
  • I'd like to do Fitness Check In and Meal Plan Monday  :) 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I did a c-section check-in in the last board I was in, I'd be glad to do that for this month once we get closer to everyone's due dates.  I thought it was helpful for those thinking about about a RCS or had another reason, and after birth while we are all in recovery.
  • I would be happy to help out with PGAL
  • I can try to do UO Thursdays. But if I forget, sorry in advance. My pregnancy brain is making things difficult these days. 
  • @tigerfish227 - @m6agua and I have been doing PGAL, but it seems not very many people are participating anymore...
  • whaat said:
    I think this board needs less people signing up for weekly threads and more people pledging not to start a new thread every time they want a sandwich or want to know if any other moms live in their area. There are already places with that information.
    I completely agree - just hoping the renewal of weekly threads might incentivize the sandwich mongers to follow TB Boards. I still can't believe there's a thread that goes beyond a page on that.
  • whaatwhaat member
    whaat said:
    I think this board needs less people signing up for weekly threads and more people pledging not to start a new thread every time they want a sandwich or want to know if any other moms live in their area. There are already places with that information.
    I completely agree - just hoping the renewal of weekly threads might incentivize the sandwich mongers to follow TB Boards. I still can't believe there's a thread that goes beyond a page on that.
    It became kind of a listeria discussion, thankfully. Still, too many dumb threads. She is the same one who started the lobster post.
  • @whaat - you're kidding? I had no idea... sandwiches and lobsters, huh? So many other pregnancy concerns over here.
  • @tigerfish227 - @m6agua and I have been doing PGAL, but it seems not very many people are participating anymore...
    I will defer to you then. I just didn't see a name on the list. I'm trying to get better at participating here now that I'm feeling like it's actually happening. I'll be more active, I promise! 
  • Bumping this up because there are almost 400 freaking views and a whooping 6 volunteers. Come on, November 16.

• I will try to remember to do TMI Tuesdays! 
  • I'll do man crush Monday 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'll take Flame Free Friday Confessions!

I will defer to you then. I just didn't see a name on the list. I'm trying to get better at participating here now that I'm feeling like it's actually happening. I'll be more active, I promise! 
    We can all tag team it, we'll just try to avoid double-posting! :smile:
  • @Leash14a please stop bumping zombie threads -- once a thread is more than a week old on most boards it's effectively dead. And a month is a long time in a pregnancy, so things change, answers change.
  • I kinda agree with @shevaCC...if its not on the first main page im not going to look for it/read it....is it so bad if the baord gets filled up and messy? 5 months from now it will be abandoned anyway, right? 
  • atcwagatcwag member
    shevaCC said:
    @Leash14a please stop bumping zombie threads -- once a thread is more than a week old on most boards it's effectively dead. And a month is a long time in a pregnancy, so things change, answers change.
    Depends on who you talk to. Another thread is "blowing up" because something similar was previously posted and the person didn't just "resurrect" that thread. This is a BMB, not a board that has years of threads. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • ZoeFerZoeFer member
    Every time someone is starting a thread last few days, few people go and find very old threads (even from 2014 BMB) and say that you have to search and try to find your results here ? So why don`t we just use google? Why do we even need this BMB? I am really confused and bored with this.
  • Dude. I am the ultimate lurker, but in this post, it's both stressed to keep the board organized by not starting random threads AND not to resurrect zombie threads. You can't have it both ways. 
    @HotDoggery, it's not the exact same people making the two different points ;) . I think it's generally frowned upon to post "does anyone else have symptom X?" as a new thread when there's a weekly symptoms thread right there on the first page. And hardly anyone likes serial AWers who only want to post new threads to talk about themselves. But IMO if the topic you're interested in talking about doesn't appear on the first page, it's fair game for a new thread. Others may disagree.
  • shevaCC said:
    Dude. I am the ultimate lurker, but in this post, it's both stressed to keep the board organized by not starting random threads AND not to resurrect zombie threads. You can't have it both ways. 
    @HotDoggery, it's not the exact same people making the two different points ;) . I think it's generally frowned upon to post "does anyone else have symptom X?" as a new thread when there's a weekly symptoms thread right there on the first page. And hardly anyone likes serial AWers who only want to post new threads to talk about themselves. But IMO if the topic you're interested in talking about doesn't appear on the first page, it's fair game for a new thread. Others may disagree.
    I'm with this! I think the drama is a little much but equally confused why there are 2 or 3 posts titled Weight Gain on the first page