May 2016 Moms
Options

First Outings

Where were the first places you went with baby? 

Re: First Outings

• Options
    After the doctor it was newborn pics. 
    Then doctor again for a weight check.
    Then of course Target. 
  • Options
    Haha...same. Doctor, Target, repeat.

We also went to the park for some fresh air.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    First one was to carters, needed more newborn sizes
  • Options
    kbrands7kbrands7 member
    edited June 2016
    Grandparents' house, doctor, Target, grocery store. 
    Eta : We've been tons of places since. You can't exactly keep a toddler happy cooped up inside for long.
  • Options
    New moms support group
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Options
    First thing besides the doctor was her newborn photo shoot and then we went straight to a nearby brewery for my first pp beer - it was like 3pm on a weekday and there was almost nobody there. My husband ended up taking a work call so I spent most of the time sitting in the corner breastfeeding and sipping on my beer alone. It was pretty great. 
  • Options
    I'm thinking it was the ol' doctor-Target-coffee shop circuit for us, but can't totally remember. I do know that on day 5 I was going so crazy being in the house that we went to this super good pie place after dinner, and that was our first outing as a family of four. They have a salted honey buttermilk pie which may sound weird but it's like the best thing I've ever had. 
  • Options
    yogahhyogahh member
    walgreens and coffee shop. big day :)

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    We were at her dr every day for the first 3 weeks so I'd stop at Starbucks here and there along the way home from the dr. Other than the dr my mom and I took DD to Home Depot about 2 weeks pp and then a friends house to go on a walk with both of our babies. 
  • Options
    Apart from dr it was a braai (bbq) - that is the most South African/Afrikaans thing I have said (or done) so far. Haha. 
  • Options
    MIL tried to horn in on baby's first by trying to rush us to target. I made us turn around and a week later we went on a nice walk to the park :)
  • Options
    First trip: doctors office followed by Target. 
    She's literally been to 5 different Target stores in her short 5 weeks of life. We RARELY spend a whole day at home. Starting week 2 we go somewhere every day. Usually the grocery, Target, or a drug store. We've also visited friends or DH at work. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • Options
    Doctor and brunch, we've been out and about a lot since a baby and toddler seems easier than a toddler and a crawling baby. Getting all of my brunches in now before we can't easily go out. Plus my toddler loves going out to eat. 
  • Options
    NB817NB817 member
    We went to a BBQ for his first outing. We have been everywhere since! Beach, splash pad, preschool picnic, target, parks...you name it. He's one month today and I'm celebrating by staying home and having friends over. 

ME: 35 DH: 39

Married July 2011

DD Born 8/12

TTC #2 since 11/13

ME: Submucosal Fibroid Surgery Date APRIL 14th 2015 -Left Tube is blocked by Fibroid~Surgeon removed 26 Fibroids from my Ute and Unblocked my Tube

DH:Azoospermia...Thank God we have 12 vials of frozen swimmers

July 15-Check to see if Ute is all healed

IUI #1 8/3/15...BFN

IUI #2 9/5/15...BFP on 9/17/15

Beta #1-344

Beta #2-809

Beta #3 8,390

1st u/s 8/8/15 1 bean HB 135 @ 6w5d

• Options
    The first week home I think we went to about every store possible: target, cvs, walgreens, publix. I wear her everywhere so I wasn't worried about people touching her. Our new routine is to go to the dog park every morning. 
  • Options
    Doctors and target. I stayed home for a long time recovering and trying to get my BP figured out. I probably didn't go anywhere, but those places and walks around neighborhood for the first month. 
  • Options
    Doctors office. And then just yesterday we ventured to Target and the grocery store. Today my mom gets here for the next few days so I'm sure we'll go a few other places while she's here.
  • Options
    Target and Mexican food because that's life! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    yogahhyogahh member
    You guys have me jonesing for a target trip! That requires a subway ride though and I'm not up for that alone with her yet!

cat fail animated GIF

• Options
    On the way home from the hospital we stopped at a butcher shop :) DH got to show her off to his chicken guy. 
  • Options
    Doctor's office and then Chili's!
  • Options
    Doctors and Costco! We've since been back to both, taken a few Target runs and went shopping at Marshalls yesterday. I haven't gone anywhere alone with both kids though, it's either all four of us or just LO and I. 
    Me 27 | DH 28
    DS October 2014
    #2 May 2016
  • Options
    sjlwsjlw member
    Lactation support group meeting at the hospital 3days PP, then newborn pics a few days later.
  • Options
    We were home the day after having her. So the day after that my brother came to visit and took us to get a bagel, BRU, and costco. Then I started driving the day after that (3 days pp). We've been out and about daily. I am not a homebody and my 8 year old keeps me busy. 
  • Options
    First trip out was to a baby store to buy some basic onesies. This weekend we are going for our first car trip that will last longer than 10 minutes.  It will be Lucine's first meeting with MH's mother. She lives about 45 minutes away.  I hope she doesn't cry the whole way!
  • Options
    Went to Panera and Target again today with my mom and brother. Slept through lunch and then got fussy at Target which was quickly resolved by me picking him up bc all he wanted was to be held. Not complaining though bc he got completely spoiled by grandma. Tons of new outfits and some new toys. :)
  • Options
    Doctor, Walgreens and out to eat. That wasn't until about 2 weeks pp because I was all messed up after my csection.
  • Options
    We took him to Buy Buy Baby on Day 5 :-) Then we walked around the mall when he was one week. Within his first two weeks we took him to several restaurants, and within the first month he went lots of places!! Grocery shopping, target browsing, walks around the neighborhood, walks at the mall (it is too dang hot!!)... Basically lots of waking and errands. 

He is 6 weeks now and the last two weeks I've still taken him somewhere almost everyday, even if something super quick, but he's been so fussy. The first month he slept through everything all the time in his car seat or stroller! Now it seems like he is fussy several times every time I take him anywhere - probably because I started feeding him more during the day and he doesn't sleep as much during the day I'm guessing! 

Last week he had a meltdown in his car seat at the grocery store... I was so close to abandoning my cart and getting the hell out of there, but instead I took him out, and with one hand I pushed the cart/shopped and I held him in the other and WE DID IT !! I've gotten through several crying spouts in the last couple weeks and I feel a little braver now because of it :-) not as scary as I thought. He's still little enough where people think he's cute when he cries LOL
  • Options
    First trip besides the doctor was to the grocery store. Since then we've been to many restaurants, hiking up some mountains, train trips and two trips to a ski resort about three hours away. 

On on a related note, I have to take my first trip AWAY from LO this week. I have a funeral to go to and it wouldn't be appropriate to bring LO with me. I will have to stay there overnight. He will spend the first day with my parents, DH will then pick him up to take care of overnight and then my mom will come to our apartment to stay with him until I get home later that day. I'm worried he will either be upset I'm not around or that he will be totally fine and forget me.