January 2017 Moms

Ramzi Method

The Ramzi Method states that you can accurately predict the sex of your baby as early as 6 weeks gestation. 
I posted a picture of how to determine the sex. 

(Just for fun) Based on this method, are you having a boy or a girl?

Re: Ramzi Method

• Girl. 

This was also correct for my daughter's pregnancy. 
  • Also worth pointing out that how you determine this is different based on transvaginal or abdominal ultrasound. It looks like the above images are based on an abdominal one (since they're mirrored) whereas transvaginal are not mirrored (right is actually on the right, left on the left)
  • Loading the player...
  • @canavara mine was vaginal, but I believe it was also flipped. 
  • canavaracanavara member
    edited June 2016
    ThePax89 said:
    @canavara mine was vaginal, but I believe it was also flipped. 
    Ah apparently it varies from one machine to the other regardless of transvaginal/abdominal (based on #3 here: https://www.thegenderexperts.com/ramzi-theory.html)
  • Girl? Maybe? Assuming my scan hasn't been flipped. Which... ? I can't figure out how to tell. 
  • According to this, I'm having a boy.  Just for kicks, I looked back at my 9 week ultrasound when I was pregnant with my daughter and that ultrasound predicted a girl.

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • No US yet for this one.  I went back and looked at DS and I think it predicted boy (if it was/wasn't reversed? I'm not sure if it's supposed to be reversed or not when you look at it).
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • So, what do you do when you have 2 different images in which the baby is on a different side in each one? Had a transvaginal us and in one pic baby appears to be on the right and in another it is on the other side.  
  • @bren9019 and @TinaBelcher it is actually the placement of the placenta. Not the placement of the baby in the uterus. 
  • MrsRahlMrsRahl member
    edited June 2016
    I thought the circles were pointing out where that y looking crack is lol!!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • KarliQ88KarliQ88 member
    edited June 2016
    I don't get my first ultrasound until july so i dont know. The chinese predictor chart says boy! But i doubt that's very accurate. It's all i can do right now. We will be finding out the gender as soon as we can.
  • My 6 week u/s the baby is basically almost right in the middle but slightly off to the right in the photo but it was transvaginal. Looks slightly boy. Chinese gender chart also says boy. We will know soon enough!
    Me: 34, DH: 33 // Met: 10.21.2007 // Married: 9.18.2015
    BFP: 4.29.2016 // EDD: 1.2.2017 (IT'S A BOY!) Born 12/26/16
    BFP: 2.10.19 // and MC on 3.19.19
    BFP: 7.9.19 // EDD 3.16.20

• I wish my US Tech had labeled the right and left like they do for the 20 week US. I can clearly see the brighter part but not sure whether it's the left or right.

Pregnancy Ticker

• I haven't had my US for this pregnancy yet but with our last it was wrong! The Chinese calendar method was right for us and almost everyone I know but of course every method is gonna be right 50% of the time haha
  • We just had our first appointment yesterday and that baby was swimming all over the place. If I had to take a guess I would say boy because the screen was flipped but it was kind of hanging out in the bottom right (so actually the bottom left) of my uterus. 

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @Texasgal24 Can you see a brighter part in the uterus near baby? This method looks at where the placenta forms and in most u/s it is a little brighter so even if baby is moving the location of the placenta formation is more what it's based on. It was really interesting reading about it.

Pregnancy Ticker

• Ramzi would predict Cletus the fetus is a boy!
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• emy730emy730 member

I don't get how to tell what side anything is on. This is at 8w, just a few days ago. Any guesses?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • This method predicts girl for me even though the Chinese gender chart says boy. I don't know if my ultrasound images are inverted or not but I remember the technician pressing the trans-vaginal wand on my left side (the pressure was not so gentle lol :#).
    Me & DH: 27
    Met: 12.9.2007
    Married: 9.26.2014
    BFP: 5.1.2016
    Baby Boy Due: 1.13.2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Girl. We will find out in a few weeks. Blood test done- now we wait. 
    ** Highschool Sweethearts ** 
    Married: February 14, 2009

MC: June 6 2010 @ 18 weeks
    DS: December 19, 2011
    MC: October 2, 2015 @ 14 weeks

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Vivi20Vivi20 member
    I'm pretty sure based on this theory, ours is a girl.
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave
  • Boy according to Ramzi theory (placenta was visualized on the top left of the abdominal ultrasound) but based on nub theory, I'm waffling a little :)

Any guesses?

And not the greatest potty shot of all time but:

I was thinking boy at first but the more I look at it the more uncertain I am, haha.
  • @canavara totes a dick. Kidding. What's the heart rate? Sex dreams? 
  • Your kid has a cute hiney @canavara

• I have no clue if this is "flipped" or not. Anyone have a guess if Ramzi says p or v? Chinese gender chart says boy. I don't know what part is supposed to be the placenta but apparantly I ovulated from the right ovary. Go righty! 
    @canavara your kids butt it so cute lol! I'd guess its a peen. Just paint the nursery in unicorns anyways.
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    Surprise BFP/MC February 2011 
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
    Surprise BFP/MC April 2017
  • @PaukMeKiande reading the word peen before 7 am is sure to make this a good weekend. Is this a vaginal ultrasound? 

• Taking a stab in the dark (terrible at reading ultrasounds!) but guessing that's transvaginal if it's 8w2d like it says at the bottom--in which case, it's probably not mirrored and it looks like the yolk sac is on the left so possibly girl? 
  • @ThePax89 @canavara yes it was a transvaginal u/s. Thanks for guessing canavara! Also what are you doing up before 7am pax? Go back to bed!
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
  • @PaukMeKiande pregsomnia + toddler 
  • AriB08AriB08 member
    Okay, I had a TV u/s at 7 weeks 6 days. I am completely lost at what I'm looking at here! Any guesses?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AriB08 ...an embryo? XD
    Previously PaukMeKiande
    BFP May 16th 2016
    EDD January 25 2017
    DD born January 30 2017
  • AriB08AriB08 member
    @PaukMeKiande yeah, that's about all I got out of it too
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I think mine is 1 boy 1 girl... I surely hope so
  • according to Ramzi, my ultrasound predicted a boy! It's a boy! Also, I went back to look and it was correct in predicting boys for my previous two boys. 
    Baby Boy 3 is on the way! 
    Due 1/21/17
  • AriB08AriB08 member
    No one wanted to give a shot at guessing mine?  I was so hoping :(
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mine would be girl I believe, but everything in my gut predicts boy, so we'll see!
    Me: 30 |  DH: 33
    Married: 8/11/2007

DD: Born 2/3/17
    BFP#2: 5/3, EDD 1/10/19