Options

Toot your horn Tuesday 6.21

Pregnancy Ticker
Mother of an April '15 baby
Due December 16

Re: Toot your horn Tuesday 6.21

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    To add on to what others have mentioned.

I wore a dress proudly this weekend that showed off my small bump. We made the announcement public last Thursday, so after that... I figured it's fine to flaunt what I have going on. My thigh disguise shapewear was awesome to wear underneath.

I also was big into working out, and just haven't gotten back into the swing of wanting to. My energy has increased some the last couple of weeks, but I usually opt for the couch instead. Slow and steady... I just need to make myself a schedule and stick to it. I used to focus more on core, but figure I can still do that but maybe work on my arms more. I can bloat out other places, but have awesome arms? OK!

I only missed 1 day of work (15w2d today), and that was due to a nasty cold coming back at full strength and me just needing a day of rest to hopefully help it go away - which it did. Since I couldn't do my normal cold medications, I fought it naturally. So that is only 1 day this year. I have some coworkers who are at 5, and we only get 6 paid ones. Good luck to them!
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    good luck @cgss11! I hope your market is better than ours. We put offers on 6 houses before we finally had one accepted, but we close this week on our first house!
    EQD born 12/15!

• Options
    I've been working on overcoming major anxiety for seeing the dentist, and made it through my cleaning yesterday and am having a little work done Thursday without Valium. This is a huge step for me. It is super important to me that my kids not know how terrified I am of the dentist because I want them to have healthy teeth. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Sharkey Sharkey member
    edited June 2016
    I unpacked over 50% of my house in one day! Hallelujah! 

I desperately need to get back in the gym. I was a major gym goer but then life took over and it slowed down around January. I haven't been since March. I really want to watch my weight gain this time around. Plus, I like the alone time. 
  • Options
    Kacie209 said:
    To add on to what others have mentioned.

I wore a dress proudly this weekend that showed off my small bump. We made the announcement public last Thursday, so after that... I figured it's fine to flaunt what I have going on. My thigh disguise shapewear was awesome to wear underneath.

I also was big into working out, and just haven't gotten back into the swing of wanting to. My energy has increased some the last couple of weeks, but I usually opt for the couch instead. Slow and steady... I just need to make myself a schedule and stick to it. I used to focus more on core, but figure I can still do that but maybe work on my arms more. I can bloat out other places, but have awesome arms? OK!

I only missed 1 day of work (15w2d today), and that was due to a nasty cold coming back at full strength and me just needing a day of rest to hopefully help it go away - which it did. Since I couldn't do my normal cold medications, I fought it naturally. So that is only 1 day this year. I have some coworkers who are at 5, and we only get 6 paid ones. Good luck to them!
    I have been told by all 4 doctors at my practice that core work such as planks are ok but crunches are not. Basically if it compresses the baby area it's a no go. You can still have great abs while pregnant. This is important because I teach core based water workout classes.
  • Options
  • Options
    Oh my gosh! Reading all these makes my heart all happy! I'm so emotional lately, but seriously, the working out- awesome, the house buying and moving? Sweet! It makes me feel like if I really make my brain to work I may get my ducks all in a row! 
    We've been planning our wedding and it's going down on Friday. It's small, but way more work than I thought it'd be. I've done 98% of the planning as I'm not working right now. (I'm a teacher and taking a yr or 2 off for baby and masters). That's my horn tooting, I've somehow managed to pull our wedding together with only a partiality functioning pregnancy brain. 
    I can't wait to tell you all how I laughed at inappropriate moments during the wedding! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    @lalamomma - that's awesome!!! I try to do the same with my kids even though I have mini anxiety everytime I go to the dentist. I'm always trying to tell myself it's ok, but find my hands clenched at best. That's a big step to go without meds when you needed them before. Ah, the things we do for our kids, even when it's setting an example!
     I'm terrified of spiders, but won't let my kids see it. I breathe, and smash it if it's in the house, and if it's outside I leave it and explain that it's their home. But I used to freak out when I found big spiders in the house! Now it's mama bear defense mode. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Options
    Not Tuesday anymore but...finally took my car in to get new plates since we moved. My registration was only expired for 6 months =\
    And my renewed drivers license came in the mail. I can drive again without being worried about getting pulled over! Small victories. 
  • Options
    Yay, exciting news on the wedding @yellingbanana! Small is the way to go. I don't regret having my dream wedding, but it was killer to pull off. If I had it to do again, I'd take the money and elope!
    Me: 31 | DH: 31
    Together since 2003 | Married 2010
    TTC #1 January 2016
    BFP April 18 2016 | EDD December 29, 2016
    Welcome baby A! January 9, 2017

TTC#2 March 2018
    BFP March 30, 2018 | EDD December 12, 2018
  • Options
    I walked today, despite feeling crummy and drank a lot of water (which I hate) and feel like I popped out at least 3 weeks sooner than a normally do and I haven't cried once about it even though I feel like crying. Yay me! 

Due December 27th with baby #7

• Options
    I know it's Friday (oops) but yesterday I moved stuff out of my apartment in the 114 degree heat index, and I only threw up once. And we were moving stuff for probably 5-6 hours. I feel like superwoman.