Food Allergy
Options

Need recipes for food allergy toddler! Even website suggestions!

Recently found out my 15 month old son is severely allergic to peanuts and allergic to dairy, soy, and tree nuts.  I feel like I feed him the same things over and over (pasta, meatloaf, chicken nuggets).  Lately he is also becoming picky not wanting to eat things he always has.  Veggies are often hidden in foods b/c he refuses to eat them solo.  So yea, Im trying here but am struggling.  Ive looked at kidswithfoodallergies.org but it's so overwhelming.  Anyone know of good blogs or other sites that have toddler friend, food allergy meals?

Re: Need recipes for food allergy toddler! Even website suggestions!

• Options
    The Yummly ap has been really helpful for me- you can put in allergies (as well as food dislikes)  and it shows you recipes that will work with those. (I will say that it does seem that the more allergies you have, the more likely it is that the ap will decide that you are super into health foods- but it does still have some great recipes.)  you can also select what types of foods you like (Chinese, American, etc.) 
    Dairy/soy/nut is a hard combo (that's what we've got too, and egg!) so we also do a lot of pasta as well as hamburger. 
  • Options
    My favorite muffin recipe (I made it up, and it is awesome!!)

1 3/4 cups ww flour (or all purpose would work)
    1tsp baking soda
    1tsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, and ginger to taste  

2 cups fruit/veggie purée (baby food works well, I've really liked a mix of sw potato and spinach) 
    1/4 cup canola oil
    1/2 cup brown sugar. 

Whisk together dry ingredients, stir in wet ingredients, bake in muffin tin for about 15 minutes at 350 (depending on how your oven is, check with a toothpick to see if they are done.)