July 2016 Moms
Options

June Symptoms Thread

Re: June Symptoms Thread

• Options
    I've had this weird feeling like if I just "pushed" hard while sitting on the toilet, my water would break and I'd go into labor. As pleasant as that sounds (I'm SO uncomfortable), it also kinda scares me. Am I the only who has this sensation? 
  • Options
    setoshsetosh member
    @rlopezlavalle you took my thoughts right out of my head. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I've had this weird feeling like if I just "pushed" hard while sitting on the toilet, my water would break and I'd go into labor. As pleasant as that sounds (I'm SO uncomfortable), it also kinda scares me. Am I the only who has this sensation? 
    I'm right there with you!!! Not very pleasant lol 
  • Options
    @rlopezlavalle same here. I've been wondering if it's possible to feel your cervix dilate from the inside, because I swear that's what this feels like. 
  • Options
    @rlopezlavalle
    me too!! Glad I'm not alone 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I guess it's a real feeling at least-- not sure if it's really possible, but it sure feels that way! Crazy! 
  • Options
    eymieymi member
    @rlopezlavalle same here. I've been wondering if it's possible to feel your cervix dilate from the inside, because I swear that's what this feels like. 
    I'm definitely having sensations that I've never had before down there - at last check I was 1 cm dilated so it makes perfect sense!
  • Options
    Swollen armpits, ugh...I initially thought it was lymph nodes, because I've experienced that before (though not while pregnant), but after some googling and confirming with my doc, apparently it is breast tissue. WTF. Even better, she told me it likely won't go away until after I'm done BFing. When do the indignities end???
  • Options
    I'm really sick of this limbo stuff. Last night I had measurable contractions-- about 2:30 a part, about 45 seconds long, but only 3 on the pain scale. They lasted several hours like that with no change. So I finally called L & D and the nurse said I needed to wait until the contractions were so strong I couldn't talk through them. She said there was a chance mine would just stop all together. Sure enough, about 45 minutes later, they just stopped! I am REALLY over this. 
  • Options
    Acid Reflux and a UTI are my latest symptoms.   My poor husband comes up with great ideas for meals (and he does all the cooking) but they are all giving me acid reflux.   I don't feel like eating anything any more which is a complete bummer!
  • Options
    bishopkd said:
    Acid Reflux and a UTI are my latest symptoms.   My poor husband comes up with great ideas for meals (and he does all the cooking) but they are all giving me acid reflux.   I don't feel like eating anything any more which is a complete bummer!
    I started having the same problem for the last month or so. It didn't really matter what I ate or my "meal routine". It got so bad I wasn't sleeping at all, even sitting in a chair. My doctor suggested Zantac, which I'd never taken because I've never had reflux prior to pregnancy. It is a miracle worker! I take one first thing in the morning and then at around 6 at night. I've slept every night since then. 
  • Options
    I went to the chiropractor for my sciatica today and I feel so much better. Not exactly 100% but it will probably take a few sessions til I get there. I was so looking forward to lying on my belly and even with the special pillow, I hated it. I just feel short of breath and claustrophobic in that position. My left side felt great though especially since the sciatica is on the right side. 

I'm definitely happy I went. She's recommending I go twice this week and then weekly until I deliver. Hoping this does the trick for my pain!
    Me (32) & DH (35)
    Married 10.10.10
    DD born 7.25.16 <3
  • Options
    I'm alternating between excruciating pain and numbness in my ribs under my right boob. I am fully aware that I have two nearly term babies inside me right now, but what gives?
  • Options
    bishopkd said:
    Acid Reflux and a UTI are my latest symptoms.   
    I started having the same problem for the last month or so. It didn't really matter what I ate or my "meal routine". It got so bad I wasn't sleeping at all, even sitting in a chair. My doctor suggested Zantac, which I'd never taken because I've never had reflux prior to pregnancy. It is a miracle worker! I take one first thing in the morning and then at around 6 at night. I've slept every night since then. 
    I second Zantac! I had never taken it before but it seems to prevent the heartburn/reflux that wasn't helped AT ALL by tums/mylanta/etc.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm alternating between excruciating pain and numbness in my ribs under my right boob. I am fully aware that I have two nearly term babies inside me right now, but what gives?
    Gall bladder ? 
  • Options
    I'm so. HOT. I'm staring at a house that needs to be packed and moved in the next two weeks but all I can do is sit in the bedroom, where our only window box AC is, and sprawl. Ugggh.
  • Options
    mnkenned said:
    I'm so. HOT. I'm staring at a house that needs to be packed and moved in the next two weeks but all I can do is sit in the bedroom, where our only window box AC is, and sprawl. Ugggh.
    Yes I feel like a walking furnace ! 
  • Options
    HMcDade1 said:
    Gall bladder ? 
    That would be probable if I had one. Had that sucker removed six years ago!
  • Options
    HMcDade1 said:
    Gall bladder ? 
    That would be probable if I had one. Had that sucker removed six years ago!
    Dang! I've got nothing then. I had numbness at my underwire for a while until she dropped and it went away, I was told its nerve compression. Maybe double the babies are pressing on your nerves there ? Ouch 
  • Options
    @shanparadise My Dr. told me that right upper quadrant abdominal pain could be a warning sign of pre-eclampsia. Is high blood pressure a concern of yours lately?
  • Options
    Low blood pressure is driving me crazy. I've had it on and off my entire pregnancy but the last few days it has been consistent, particularly in the morning but lately it's been an all day thing. Today however  it's accompanied by a headache and weakness. My dog wouldn't even let me take him on his whole walk this morning. He kept staring at me then turned us around abruptly. Now he's sitting on the floor watching my every move. I think a call into the nurses line this morning is in mine and the baby's best interest even though I have an appointment tomorrow. Blah.
  • Options
    Low blood pressure is driving me crazy. I've had it on and off my entire pregnancy but the last few days it has been consistent, particularly in the morning but lately it's been an all day thing. Today however  it's accompanied by a headache and weakness. My dog wouldn't even let me take him on his whole walk this morning. He kept staring at me then turned us around abruptly. Now he's sitting on the floor watching my every move. I think a call into the nurses line this morning is in mine and the baby's best interest even though I have an appointment tomorrow. Blah.
    Oh my call the doctor! 
  • Options
    @LadyFleck I called the nurse direct line and she said to put a call in with my doctor when their office opens in 30 mins. I drink so much water and other fluid that I can't imagine I'd be dehydrated but we will see what they say. Until then I'm guzzling more and more water.
  • Options
    @DachshundMomma I have had the same twice before but not as constant as you! That is a scary feeling. I was seen after the second episode when I had to call 911 because I was driving to work and had to pull over because I thought I was going to pass out in my car! Paramedics took my vitals but I refused a trip to the ER because I felt I was fine by then however followed up with my doctor that day.
    When my primary dr. saw me, she told to drink plenty of water & have a bottle with me at all times wherever I am going as well as a snack on hand (granola bar, candy) just something! I remember before the episodes, my arms and legs got very heavy and I was in a cold sweat and extremely faint and nauseous and simply laid down on my left side and it went away. 
    Don't hesitate and call for sure and I hope you feel better!
    jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    In the mornings I am ravenously hungry. I am doing everything in my power not to go through a drive through right now.
  • Options
    @lucy2113 Your uterus is getting bigger so skin is stretching and making it itchy. Try a mild lotion or cocoa butter lotion after a shower. I don't have cocoa butter but aloe vera lotion and it helps immensely!
    jodi
    whitehall, pa
    every adventure requires a first step- C.C.

• Options
  • Options
    LF93LF93 member
    Has anyone had a change in urine lately? Mine seems to be very dark and has an odor to it. I've been going pee a lot more recently too. I can't be dehydrated because I drink so much water, is this a pregnancy thing or is it worth calling my doctor about?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    @LF93 mine just started that too, almost like I've eaten asparagus. I'm going to talk to my doctor when I go in tomorrow.
    July Siggy Challenge

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    LF93LF93 member
    @randishane011804 Yeah I think I'll call tomorrow too if it hasn't changed. Dr Google is the worst and has my head running through all the possible scenarios. It's probably nothing, better safe than sorry though!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    @dachshundmomma Hope everything goes swell! Let us know! 
  • Options
    @lf93  I do that right before a UTI comes on! Keep an eye on it! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Well, I packed a whole extra bag today of just water bottles (filled, obviously). My doctor got back to me and told me to keep pushing fluids and to not walk my dog far anymore until I no longer have these issues. I feel bad for my dog but he understands lol. Unfortunately my husband just left for a 3 week work thing so I'm flying solo on all household duties. If this keeps up today then it's off to the ER or to L&D for me.
  • Options
    Oh no @DachshundMomma! Don't overdo it and try to take it easy. Hopefully, you can put off those household chores until Hubby gets back. Is there anyone else close by like a parents or a sibling that can help out?
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    @rnyland1 I agree on the house cleaners! We just hired ours and it was worth every penny!
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    clucas07 said:
    @shanparadise My Dr. told me that right upper quadrant abdominal pain could be a warning sign of pre-eclampsia. Is high blood pressure a concern of yours lately?
    Blood pressure has been higher than my normal, but not high. Definitely going to talk to them about it when I go in tomorrow though. 
  • Options
    Kellyj103 said:
    Oh no @DachshundMomma! Don't overdo it and try to take it easy. Hopefully, you can put off those household chores until Hubby gets back. Is there anyone else close by like a parents or a sibling that can help out?
    Unfortunately, no. The joys of military life. I'm hopeful that this will pass quickly and I can get back to normal stuff. I've been working today and I've been ok which is good considering I spent a lot of time in my car or with patients. Just drinking lots and lots of water. 
  • Options
    @DachshundMomma yikes stay safe! You are in my thoughts. Definitely don't feel like you have to wait on going to L&D especially given you being mostly on your own. Hang in there.