Baby Names

Baby girl names that begin with K

kfraskfras member
edited June 2016 in Baby Names
So DH and I have had a baby boy name picked out since we were dating. Technically, I picked this name when I was nine years old and luckily he liked it too. But for baby girls we just cannot agree! My sister and I both have K names, and she named her daughter a K name as well. I always wondered if
my mom did it on purpose but she said it was just coincidence. My sister has two boys, but only one girl and she is done. I can't decide if it's cute to continue with K girls names or cheesy (I don't want to be compared to a Kardashian lol). My sister and I are Kimberley and Kristen and my niece is Kaelyn. 

Can you ladies give me some suggestions of your favorite K names? I've searched online but looking for something I may not have come across. Probably nothing too similar to our names (nothing in the Kris family or similar to Kaelyn like Kayla etc) 

thank you!! 

Re: Baby girl names that begin with K

• Kira
    kacey
    karly
    kelsey
    kari
    kayli
    kyla
    Kirby 
    Kendra
    Married:09/27/14 
    Baby N-Born:10/29/15
    Our Angel: EDD: 05/11/17. MC at 6 weeks
    Baby #2- EDD: 07/18/17

• I'm Kylee and I've always liked my name.
    My middle name is Kay and my mom considered giving me that as a first name as well (it is super close to Kayla though, so probably not an option). 

Suggesting: 
    Katrina 
    Katerina 
    Katherine
    Kalani 

• Loading the player...
  • Eh I find matchy initials cheesy and K's always scream Kardashian to me. That said I do like a couple K names

Kendra
    Kiera
    Kara

• carolyn219carolyn219 member
    edited June 2016

K names in my extended family:

Keira (spelled this way)

Kerry

Kara (pronounced car-uh)

Kori

Karen

Katarina (nn is Kat)

Katie (given name, not a nn)

• I like Kathleen.  I think it's really underused but grows well.

My main issue with k names is there aren't many in English, most are converted to C when they cross over or they're made up.
  • Kiera for sure. But, Kathleen is also beautiful. What about Katherine? I feel like you can't go wrong with a Katie.
  • Kennedy
    Kensley
    Kathleen (echo from above)

• Keira
    Kiara (kee-are-uh)
    Kara
    Kiana (kee-ah-nuh)
    Kate
    Katrina
    Kaia 

BabyGaga
  • kfraskfras member
    Thank you all! @KyleeWaller my
    husband really likes Kay and I always liked for a middle name but wasn't sure about first name. His name is Ray so I wasn't sure if it rhymed too much or will seem like we mashed our names together. Also with my niece being Kaelyn they sometimes call her Kae (Kay) for NN. 

I do like Katherine as well and with that spelling although one of my best friends is named Kathryn.

I also like Kadence (usually spelled with a C) and maybe Kady (pronounce like Katie for NN). But looking for thoughts on that? I think I read it is a unisex name and not sure if it's mostly used for boys although I have never met anyone named that.
  • I'll echo Kathleen. But that's mostly because it's my name. I use a nn now but used the full name when I was young.
  • So, Kadence = Kardashian. A C name with a K spelling, which you said originally you didn't want. Kady looks and sounds very speshul, but it is certainly not the worst I've seen. She'll just constantly be correcting the spelling.
  • kfraskfras member
    @andipandi127 I thought that too about the spelling and pronunciation. I think it was in Mean Girls if I remember correctly that her name was Cady and they thought it was said Caddie 
  • My sisters and I are Karla, Kristin and Keri.  I would say unless it just happens to be a K name you really like I wouldn't search special for a K name.  
  • KyleeWallerKyleeWaller member
    edited June 2016
    @kfras I think Kay works well as a middle name. If you weren't set on having a first name starting with K, I think it would still be a nice nod to family tradition. I wouldn't worry about using Kay in the middle name spot with your niece having the NN Kae, either. 

• My favorites are Katerina and Kara.
    My furchildren, Dorothy and Johnny :)
  • I have twin cousins named Karlie and Keltie. Their family has Scottish heritage which is where the name Keltie is from. They're NMS but just some more suggestions for you if you like them! 
  • Kathleen no NN just Kathleen.
    Kara
    Karen
    Kathrina
    friends of ours have a daughter named Kevlyn.
  • If you really want a k name I would choose something that is supposed to be spelled with a k, a real name. 
  • Eko14Eko14 member
    kfras said:
    Thank you all! @KyleeWaller my
    husband really likes Kay and I always liked for a middle name but wasn't sure about first name. His name is Ray so I wasn't sure if it rhymed too much or will seem like we mashed our names together. Also with my niece being Kaelyn they sometimes call her Kae (Kay) for NN. 

I do like Katherine as well and with that spelling although one of my best friends is named Kathryn.

I also like Kadence (usually spelled with a C) and maybe Kady (pronounce like Katie for NN). But looking for thoughts on that? I think I read it is a unisex name and not sure if it's mostly used for boys although I have never met anyone named that.
    I have met two real life Kady and one Katy pronounced like Katie. All ladies.  It's a nice change if you go for it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker} Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker}