Baby Names
Options

Husband picked 3, I pick 1!

DogLoverX3DogLoverX3 member
edited June 2016 in Baby Names
Our daughter's name is Charlotte Jean(Jean after my mother). I fought tooth and nail for a beautiful, classic name. Not thrilled on its popularity, but it was hard to get him to agree on anything! Fast forward a year, and here we are again. This time, he picked 3 names, in which I'm to chose 1.(I decided that was fair :-/) Michele is his mother's middle name, so that stays. My problem is that I'm not a huge fan of Nora. I'd much prefer Eleanor. And then there's Reagan - not a fan - too masculine. I'm not even adding that to the poll. And I'm left with Evie-also a nickname, but my favorite of the bunch. I've tried so hard for Evelyn or Eveline or Eve or Genevieve or Evangeline, with nn Evie, but nope! He's a difficult man. But Charlotte and Evie?! Someone got the shaft there! I don't know what to do! He compromised with the first, so I have to give a little I know! Which would you choose and would you side-eye Evie?

Husband picked 3, I pick 1! 126 votes

Evie Michele
16% 21 votes
Nora Michele
83% 105 votes

Re: Husband picked 3, I pick 1!

• Options
    I like Nora over Evie personally. It also flows better with Michele in my opinion. Good luck with the name battle!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I love Nora anyway, and it is a very good match for Charlotte! This may seem obvious, but is Evie said (ee-vee) or (eh-vee)? I've heard it both ways, and you may always be correcting people. 
  • Options
    emilyalso said:
    I love Nora anyway, and it is a very good match for Charlotte! This may seem obvious, but is Evie said (ee-vee) or (eh-vee)? I've heard it both ways, and you may always be correcting people. 
    Ee-vee.  That doesn't bother me so much as I feel like it's a little juvenile.
  • Options
    aj1327aj1327 member
    I love the name Nora!!
  • Options
    My friend just had a baby girl named Evie, so I wouldn't necessarily side-eye it, but it is a nickname to me. Nora is beautiful and classic, like Charlotte. It really sucks you're not a fan. That's tough! 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Options
    I love the full name with a nn option. And you've got two of my favorite names on the list: Eleanor(a) and Evelyn, which obviously can be shortened to your Nora and Evie.

I like Elenora personally.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    edited June 2016
    I know you like Evie, and if you were using it as a nickname for Evelyn or Genevieve I'd be all over it, but as it is Nora comes out miles ahead in this choice. Nora sounds good as a stand alone name, Evie sounds like a nickname, and a babyish one at that. It's hard to imagine a grown woman wanting to introduce herself as Evie all the time. Plus, Charlotte and Nora is an absolutely lovely sibset.

FWIW I totally agree with just ignoring Reagan altogether!
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I like Nora much more than Evie. Evie is very nicknamey and very popular. Nora is beautiful, classic, and a perfect pair with Charlotte.
  • Options
    Compromise isn't going with a name you dislike. You shouldn't pick from a list you aren't happy with. I would have another talk with him and let him know him telling you that you are allowed to pick from his list isn't a compromise and isn't going to happen.
  • Options
    Neither, if you don't love them. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    If you don't love any of them, don't choose one of them.

You both created the child, you both have equal naming rights.  With that said, I like Nora.

Big Bro 7/14/13
    Little Bro 2/6/17

Pregnancy Ticker   
  • Options
    I do really like Evie, but I just feel like she needs a proper name. I don't love Nora, but I think it's a good name. Thanks for input from everyone so far! I actually thought it'd be cute to call her EM&M lol - last name starts with M - Evie Michele M-----! But I'm trying for Eva or Evangeline. Might have to scrap the whole thing! 
  • Options
    Ive never liked nora, but it is so much better than evie
  • Options
    I like Eleanor nn Nora.  I am not a fan of Nora but Eleanor is beautiful!
  • Options
    Depends on the person. I wouldn't choose evie, but I would say charlotte got the shaft between those two.
    March 2011: Off Nuva, cycle back to "normal" for me: No periods since 15 years old. June 2011:Provera&50 mg Clomid; Progesterone:0.7 July 2011:Provera&100mg Clomid; Progesterone:3.29 Met with RE:No Clomid response, begin injectables Sep 5 mg Letrozole and Ovidrel in the interim month. Cut out running (was a distance-runner), cycling, eliptical. Restricted to weight-training, walking, pilates. Brain MRI normal. Being physically over-stressed is the reason the body stopped producing prog. Late Sep 2011: Menopur, Ovidrel,& IUI (10.10.11):BFN-Great injectable response: 2 mature, 6 near mature, many smaller; Problem: 9 cysts! Dr: IUI too uncontrolled for number of viable eggs & age. On to IVF! IVF ER 12.6: 37 mature eggs, 27 fertilized, froze all to avoid overstimulation; FET 1.22 (2 Grade 1)=BFN; FET 2.22 (3 Grade 2)=BFP! Beta 10dp3dt=291; 12dp3dt=644; HB 3.26!! 174 bpm: Vanishing twin almost completely absorbed 10wks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    ksteeb611 said:
    Depends on the person. I wouldn't choose evie, but I would say charlotte got the shaft between those two.
    Lol - not a fan?!
  • Options
    to me Evie sounds like a NN not a "real" name. But thats just my opinion. 
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• Options
    I hate Evie (and Eve, really) because it makes me think of the world "Evil" :/
  • Options
    I chose Nora, but I actually think Reagan is pretty. I know a girl, whose maiden name was Reagan and named her 1st daughter Reagan and I think it looks cute on a girl. Just my opinion.
  • Options
    I hate Evie (and Eve, really) because it makes me think of the world "Evil" :/
    I mentioned this to the hubby because he ruled out Violet because it was one letter away from violent! But all of the sudden it didn't matter because he loves the name! Wth?!