July 2016 Moms
Options

FFFC

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @LadyFleck I feel the same way! I am so done with my job and don't do anything when I'm there, and yet I can't bring myself to take time off because what if she's late and I don't have much time with her? I have to go back around Labor Day no matter what so it seems that I've put myself into an impossibly stupid situation here.
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    @BecauseBabyIamAPug mine has started to smell garlicky lately. We eat a lot of garlic but he smells like it all the time, and it's making me gag a little. I can't tell him and I'm pretty sure it's all in my head/nose anyway. Does the pregnant nose reset as soon as the baby is born or does it take a while?

• Options
    @joleri In the same boat as you...I've only got a couple weeks of vacation/sick saved up and will be taking 4-6 weeks unpaid, but have to return in early-mid September (due 7/31). Kind of hoping my little guy makes a slightly early appearance, just so I'll be able to have more time with him. But so, SO done with being here...
  • Options
    LF93LF93 member
    Considering I finished up work at 30ish weeks, you ladies who have managed to keep on are truly amazing. Nobody should feel guilty about wanting to have some "me" time before baby comes, you all deserve it. Baby will keep you busy when s/he arrives so take full advantage of it while you can! That's what I'm doing (even though I started to go crazy from boredom about 4 days in :smile: )
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    LF93 said:
    Considering I finished up work at 30ish weeks, you ladies who have managed to keep on are truly amazing. Nobody should feel guilty about wanting to have some "me" time before baby comes, you all deserve it. Baby will keep you busy when s/he arrives so take full advantage of it while you can! That's what I'm doing (even though I started to go crazy from boredom about 4 days in :smile: )
    That's what I keep saying. Today is my last day and I figure the first couple days next week will be awesome but by the end of the week I'm sure I'll be twiddling my thumbs and begging the baby to hurry up and get here. 
  • Options
    mandyjuliemandyjulie member
    edited June 2016
    My FFFC: Sometimes when I'm working at home or it's the weekend, the day starts out kind of cool and we have the windows open. But then it may turn hot and sunny, like today surprisingly has. When DH isn't here, I may turn the AC on for an hour or so to cool the house down ... and just leave some of the windows open, because it's too damn annoying for me to reach up and close them (we open some of them from the top, and I'm short and pregnant). I know he would kill me if he knew we were losing any precious AC, but I am hot and just don't care.
    DD1: Born January 2013
    DD2: Due July 12, 2016
    Two rescue dogs 

BabyFruit Ticker

July 2016 - July Siggy: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • Options
    @AAAG13 I feel the same way. Yesterday cheetos fell into my bra and got in my hair and I didn't care. Too tired for all that. 

@mandyjulie I do this all the time! What he doesn't know won't hurt him :) Also, when I DO close all the windows to turn on the AC sometimes I'll turn off the AC and forget to open the windows. Then I get yelled at for that too. So really, not closing the window avoids us from getting into an argument. What more does he want?
    Pregnancy Ticker

July16 JULY siggy challenge

• Options
    Hi! Curious what the Dr. said to put you on leave if you have no complications. :) Did she give a reason on her note? I think I may ask for the same thing next week at my weekly appointment.
  • Options
    LF93LF93 member
    @KASG It is way to difficult to try and squat over the toilets right now, I just stick a layer of toilet paper down first and then pee away! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DS#1 July 2016
    Baby #2 July 2018
  • Options
    Today is my last day of work as well. I am actually quitting because I won't be able to keep up with this job and take care of the baby. I work from home and want to be able to have my son home with me for at least a year before putting him in day care just because I'm selfish and want to be here for everything! I am going to pick up with my marketing consulting company I ran before I started the job I have now and just have enough clients to pay my bills. I am so so so excited to be able to do this and so grateful my husband is ok with it, but I am also terrified of being bored. I am a workaholic and don't know what I am going to do with myself without 10 hours of work to do a day. I am sure the baby will keep me busy, but I can't help but thinking how bored I'll be. 
  • Options
    AAAG13AAAG13 member
    @Kellyj103 every day there is food in my shirt. EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. 

@mandyjulie sometimes I look down at myself and think well I'm good to go out in public. Then I check myself out in the mirror and realize there is a line of something across the lower belly.

I guess I'm just mentally preparing for the future, I'm sure my kid will be just as sloppy as me. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    WevilleWeville member
    edited June 2016
    The other day I discovered rice stuck to the bottom of my belly and had no idea how long it was there. I'm glad we are all a mess

My FFFC-  I am super pissed today. I'm a co MOH and have been planning this very nice surprise shower for tomorrow (with the rest of the bridal party of course). On the invites and Facebook group with everyone coming we have mentioned it's a surprise many times (because the bride wanted all festivities to be a surprise). One of the guests just bailed, which we know because she texted the bride to apologize. What the fuck dude?!?  Can't come, totally fine but don't ruin it
  • Options
    @AAAG13 yeah I've given up on being neat/clean/not covered in food or "other". I spend half the day fishing food out of my cleavage and I don't even try to hide it anymore. 
  • Options
    I hate being at work but I'm dreading spending the weekend with a moody DH and a bunch of rowdy kids. I just hate everything/everyone right now. Please excuse me while I go into my room and lock the door and talk to no one until this baby is born.
  • Options
    @laura091314 He hemmed and hawwed and was a little reluctant but it was mostly because of my back.  I have a 2 hour round trip commute to work every day and a well documented bad back. I'll be fine in the morning but after sitting in traffic for an hour I get to work in agony. He said he writes people off in one of two categories, either they have complications, or they run the risk of deteriorating into complications, and I guess he fit me into the latter category. 
  • Options
    My birthday is Sunday and I'm selfishly bummed it's also Father's Day. It happens every few years but this year I just want to be spoiled! I feel like it will barely be acknowledged since we are celebrating Father's Day with DHs family. 
    H. Foxe born October 22, 2013
  • Options
    @AB34 aw man! Can you book yourself a pedicure or make reservations for dinner out or set up take out from your favorite place? Something to acknowledge its also a special day for you?
  • Options
    @AAAG13 Yes! I've been doing this since I hit 30 weeks!  :D
  • Options
    @Nerdchild I don't either. If I haven't felt him in a few I just eat or drink something or give his butt a poke because it's always sticking out. Guaranteed he loses his mind within a few
  • Options
    AAAG13AAAG13 member
    Another gross food confession: the other night I woke up at 4 starving. Soo I made some toast, last night (several hours later) I went to have a snack before bed and went to make more toast. Almost the entire loaf of bread was moldy. So it's likely so was the piece I made in the dark at 4 am. Too late to do anything about it now! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @winnie1122 I'm sorry, but I just laughed at your post! Ants are good protein. :)
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations