June 2016 Moms
Options

Overdue Club

Re: Overdue Club

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Which studies were those? The only info I could find was,
    "The two most potent causes of increased morbidity in prolonged pregnancy are therefore clearly unrelated to any change in placental functional capacity. Examination of placentas from prolonged pregnancies shows no evidence of any increased incidence of gross placental abnormalities, such as infarcts, calcification, or massive perivillous fibrin deposition."
    https://m.fn.bmj.com/content/77/3/F171.full
    DH + Me 12/2011
    DD 3/2012
    Baby on the way June 2016 :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm in this super not fun club too. 40+3 weeks. The doctor said I hadn't changed this week from the week before. 80% effaced and less than 2cm dialated. I am scheduled for an induction on Sunday morning. I'm so afraid it's going to take the "average 24hours." Do any of you ladies have any better luck with hours it took? FTM here. Thanks so much! 
  • Options
    Stac147 said:
    I'm in this super not fun club too. 40+3 weeks. The doctor said I hadn't changed this week from the week before. 80% effaced and less than 2cm dialated. I am scheduled for an induction on Sunday morning. I'm so afraid it's going to take the "average 24hours." Do any of you ladies have any better luck with hours it took? FTM here. Thanks so much! 
    My first was also an induction and it took 18 hours. So not too bad?
    Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• Options
    NLewis1 said:
    Stac147 said:
    My first was also an induction and it took 18 hours. So not too bad?
    My first was also an induction - took about 12 hours of active labor. Not gonna sugar coat it, it was rough. But the epidural was amazing. GL
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My first was an induction too. 21 hours start to finish, with 14 hours of active labor. You know what though? I have really positive memories of it. I even looked at my husband that same afternoon and said, "we should do this again." Induced or not, long labor or short, you can do it and you will be great! And best of all, your baby will finally be here! 

That having been said, I'm really hoping I don't have to wait for an induction to meet this little guy! Wishing everyone luck for sooner rather than later! 
  • Options
    Due today! Baby is sitting super low in my pelvis, but no contractions. I'll find out tomorrow if I'm dilated at all. My doc will let me go as long as 42 weeks before being induced, and I plan on waiting the full time so long as baby passes the NS tests. I do not want to be induced, and I'm a fan of letting nature take its course.

Why do so many women get pushed into induction at 41 weeks (as long as baby is not in distress)? Lots of studies suggest the real due date should be closer to 40w5d, any many could just be inaccurate altogether. Does everyone just get tired of being preggo and jump at the earliest date the doc suggests?
    My doctor is recommending induction at 40 weeks even for me due to LO measuring so far ahead. The risk of c-section is less than waiting until 41+ weeks as baby will continue to get bigger everyday.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    40+1 today. The mucous plus has been falling out in pieces for the last couple of days and I'm waiting ever so patiently for either the water to break or the prodromal labor to turn into the real thing. As i sit here drinking my peet's coffee and debating ordering spicy thai food for lunch, i'm struggling to relax because this baby needs to get out. Been watching movies all morning to try and chill out but these cramps that im feeling have got to go. Im realizing how uncomfortable my couch is. Sorry for the diary entry everyone....im running on no sleep and just completely done
    ~* Met Husband: July 26, 2009 <3Said Yes: July 26, 2010 <3Married:  September 10, 2011 <3Baby Due: June 17, 2016 *~

• Options
    My dr said we will talk about the possibility of induction at my appt next week, I'll be 41wks at that point. She doesn't seem to be concerned though and wants to try to avoid induction unless kiddo is in distress or just hanging out for too long.
  • Options
    Well I'll be joining you ladies! Due today and still only 2cm, despite contractions all week long.
    I was hoping #3 would be like her sister and show up on time, but looks like I'm out of luck. Midwife won't induce until after 41 weeks, can't do a sweep because I'm gbs+, baby is measuring big (like all my kids), still getting painful contractions and back and nerve pain, and feeling just a bit discouraged. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Well I'll be joining you ladies! Due today and still only 2cm, despite contractions all week long.
    I was hoping #3 would be like her sister and show up on time, but looks like I'm out of luck. Midwife won't induce until after 41 weeks, can't do a sweep because I'm gbs+, baby is measuring big (like all my kids), still getting painful contractions and back and nerve pain, and feeling just a bit discouraged. 

Hang in there!  Baby is clearly very cozy in your tummy, but like others have said, you won't be pregnant forever!  So there is light at the end of the tunnel!  
  • Options

Hang in there!  Baby is clearly very cozy in your tummy, but like others have said, you won't be pregnant forever!  So there is light at the end of the tunnel!  
  • Options
    I'm 40 + 3, and my midwife suggested waiting until 42 weeks to get induced (assuming baby continues to do well over the next week and a half). She couldn't even attempt a stretch and sweep yesterday because my cervix was still too far back. She said that induction with a favourable cervix is ideal, which is why she recommends waiting. I'm just a bit discouraged because I always felt that 10 days overdue was my magic number, but now I'm not so sure!
  • Options
    Hospital called with my induction day yesterday (the 23rd). I'm hoping she comes on her own! Third and last baby, and I've been able to avoid induction the other times. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I feel like I'm headed in this direction... 4 days to go. My first was born on his due date, though. Maybe the only reason DS2 came a few days early was because of how big he was...
    DS1 5-18-2012
    DS2 5-18-2014
    DD1 EDD 6-21-2016

babysizercom pregnancy ticker
  • Options
    I'm officially overdue... I get to schedule my induction date for no later than July 30th today, as well as my NST's at the hospital. No more than 2 weeks to go, but I really hope she comes on her own. I thought I had a couple stronger contractions, but they went away overnight.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    helcahelca member
    40 weeks 6 days today. I started trying evening primrose oil, orally and internally last night. Had my membrane swept earlier today. Induction scheduled in one week. God I hope this squatter decides to leave soon.
  • Options
    Scheduled my induction for 6/26 (due date was 6/14). No dilation, no contractions, baby is def low, and my doc says she detected "some" cervical thinning. Anyone who is frustrated by cramps, take it as a positive sign that SOMETHING is happening. I would take any sign that baby wants to come out soon as hopeful!

I just keep reminding myself that due dates are picked because they are midpoints (50/50 before and after) which means that being 3 days overdue is really nothing. I'm just impatient. Also, oddly enough I have more energy and feel better physically all this week than I have for the past month! Mom says it's nesting. DH jokes that my body is just used to being preggo now...
  • Options
    41 weeks today, and a bit discouraged.  I was induced at 42 weeks with my first and I was really hoping to get to try it naturally this time around, but when my doctor checked today I was still only at a 1.  *sigh*  Scheduling an induction for Tuesday and reminding myself that the only thing that really matters is a healthy baby at the end. 
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    I'm officially overdue... I get to schedule my induction date for no later than July 30th today, as well as my NST's at the hospital. No more than 2 weeks to go, but I really hope she comes on her own. I thought I had a couple stronger contractions, but they went away overnight.
    Oh man I hope you mean June 30th!
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    Oh man I hope you mean June 30th!
    I do. I keep doing that... My scheduled induction is for June 28th.
  • Options
    40+5 today and cranky as ever. Still peeing a lot, had horrible diarrhea the last couple of days and the BH are a total joke. The mucous plug is still coming out in pieces. My doctor had told me if by monday no baby they would induce me so i'm going to call monday to confirm this so my DH can make arrangements with work. It was 86 degrees here today and i yelled at a customer service rep at lowes who would not take the hint and leave us alone to browse in peace! I felt bad after but i am just done with pregnancy. Too hott, too fat and too tired for everything. Never doing this again. 
    ~* Met Husband: July 26, 2009 <3Said Yes: July 26, 2010 <3Married:  September 10, 2011 <3Baby Due: June 17, 2016 *~

• Options
    Joined the club Thurs. Induction scheduled for wed (40+5). I'm already 3cm and 70% so we expect her up come before. If not, I should go pretty quuckly. I was only in active labor with DS2 for 3 hours
  • Options
    Looks like I am officially joining you ladies! 40 weeks today and baby is as comfy as ever.

Induction scheduled for Wednesday night if nothing happens naturally before then.. Did not expect to be in this boat! 
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Scheduled my induction for 6/26 (due date was 6/14). No dilation, no contractions, baby is def low, and my doc says she detected "some" cervical thinning. Anyone who is frustrated by cramps, take it as a positive sign that SOMETHING is happening. I would take any sign that baby wants to come out soon as hopeful!

I just keep reminding myself that due dates are picked because they are midpoints (50/50 before and after) which means that being 3 days overdue is really nothing. I'm just impatient. Also, oddly enough I have more energy and feel better physically all this week than I have for the past month! Mom says it's nesting. DH jokes that my body is just used to being preggo now...

**In the box**
    I got a huge surge of energy at the end as well. I ended up being induced at 38+2 for multiple complications but I really think my body was starting to cue that it was getting ready. In the week proceeding the unscheduled induction I actually started not feeling pregnant anymore. So much energy and happiness. Am hopeful for you that this is you bodies way of saying it is getting close to time!!

• Options
    40+2 and nothing happening. Nada, zip, zilcho. So I quit.
    And everyone all up in my vagina freaking out and texting and calling about when it's gonna happen, the answer  n e v e r.

OMG, the texts... I wanna pull my hair out every time my mom texts me with nothing but "???" At this rate I want to "forget" to tell her I'm in labor out of spite.
  • Options
    meggyme said:
    OMG, the texts... I wanna pull my hair out every time my mom texts me with nothing but "???" At this rate I want to "forget" to tell her I'm in labor out of spite
    My aunt texts me every day "Any signs of labor yet?" I refuse to answer more often than every OTHER day, no matter how many frantic follow ups she sends. 40+5 today. My back went out yesterday and I got crazy emotional, which I was really hoping were all signs of imminent labor. Except today I feel totally normal again. Baby is still moving around like craaaazy. DH keeps asking if that is a sign of something bad. If by bad, you mean that baby is perfectly content where he or she is, then yes.
  • Options
    40+4 and I have had contractions every 20-30 minutes all day long. I'm really hoping this means something happens in the next day or two 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    yoshi1230 said:
    Just joining the club! My doctor wanted to do a membrane sweep earlier this week but my cervix was less than 1cm dilated. Scheduled to be induced on Wednesday if nothing happens before then. Getting annoyed with everyone checking in constantly .....yes I am still pregnant....yes my due date has passed.... yes I know baby is getting bigger every day.....yes I have been walking, having sex, eating dates and pineapples, standing on one foot rubbing my belly in a counterclockwise direction.... yes I know that I'm going to get even less sleep after baby is born so I better enjoy it now (except it is impossible to sleep now). No I don't want you to visit, no I don't want to hear about how your coworkers third cousin was only in labor for 30 seconds and barely made it to the hospital, no I am not going to text you when the time is here (if you are not close friend or immediate family) - you will find out days later possibly on facebook or through the grapevine depending on what is appropriate for our level or relationship.  no there is nothing you can do for me right now other than leave me in peace and wait for the update to come that baby is here.   

This.  This is perfect. The texts and phone calls are the worst!  People need to realize if we want them to know what's going on, we'd tell them on our own.
  • Options
    bedinabelindabedinabelinda member
    edited June 2016
    @AmberLiz99 any progression?

The baby wiggles are starting to drive me nuts. Whoever claimed that baby's movements slow down in the last month obviously never met mine. And now baby is huge and kicking me in the ribs, flipflopping my stomach, headbutting me in the bladder. Headbutt your way out baby!

Every single night for a week now I feel some sort of pain and wake up thinking I am in labor, then dream about being in labor all night long. Then I wake up in the morning, clearly not in labor. I wish doctors would just give 42 weeks (AKA induction day for me) as our due date. Then I wouldn't feel so crazy, I would have just planned for that in my head!

Edited to add: I should probably stop feeding baby so much sugar and caffeine if I want them to calm down, but that's how I'm getting through my days lately. As I was writing this I polished off a full cup of coffee and a donut...
  • Options
    @bedinabelinda I've had contractions every 20-30 minutes since Saturday night. They aren't getting any closer together :(

i I have my last midwife appointment this afternoon, so we'll see if there's any progress as far as dilation. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @AmberLiz99 any progression?

The baby wiggles are starting to drive me nuts. Whoever claimed that baby's movements slow down in the last month obviously never met mine. And now baby is huge and kicking me in the ribs, flipflopping my stomach, headbutting me in the bladder. Headbutt your way out baby!

Every single night for a week now I feel some sort of pain and wake up thinking I am in labor, then dream about being in labor all night long. Then I wake up in the morning, clearly not in labor. I wish doctors would just give 42 weeks (AKA induction day for me) as our due date. Then I wouldn't feel so crazy, I would have just planned for that in my head!

Edited to add: I should probably stop feeding baby so much sugar and caffeine if I want them to calm down, but that's how I'm getting through my days lately. As I was writing this I polished off a full cup of coffee and a donut...
    I'm with you on waking up thinking I'm in labor and then dreaming about it. It's non-stop. My nights are so restless. I was convinced I was in labor for an hour last night, but I guess it wasn't so :neutral:
    DS1 5-18-2012
    DS2 5-18-2014
    DD1 EDD 6-21-2016

babysizercom pregnancy ticker
  • Options
    I agree with the texts and phone calls. Im literally so annoyed by anything anymore. Today is my 1 year anniversary with my husband and our due date was this past Saturday. I can't even enjoy my day with him and he's been such a trooper trying to be supportive. Honestly I wouldn't even mind being over due except last night my contractions were so bad I woke up every 15 minutes in the most extreme pain with what feels like an invisible belt of pain that starts in my lower back and wraps around to the front of body. Today they are ten minutes apart give or take  and i had my Dr visit where they told me, we will see you Friday and go from there to schedule and induction after your 42 week mark......this Saturday!! I don't think my sanity will hold strong that long. 
    Just glad to know I'm not in this alone or the only one feeling like im going nuts.