February 2016 Moms

Hair changes after pregnancy

kinnonamkinnonam member
edited March 2016 in February 2016 Moms
 so I've noticed since I've had baby 6weeks ago my hair hasn't really gone back to "normal." My curls are looser and my hair is dryer then before. Has anyone else hair changed? 

Re: Hair changes after pregnancy

• 4N6s4N6s member
    I haven't noticed anything during pregnancy or now pp. 
  • My hair & skin is definitely drier!!
  • Loading the player...
  • All I've noticed is that I stopped shedding hair while pregnant (yaaaay no hair globs in the shower!) and now I'm back to shedding the normal amount that I was before pregnancy. I have super curly hair so detangling leads to a lot of shedding so it was a nice break while pregnant.
  • My hair & skin is definitely drier!!
    My skin is too! My cheeks feel like they're going to fall off my face 
  • Mine is less curly and seems darker. I say my children suck all the blonde out to get their white hair lol
  • I lost a lot of hair while pregnant with DS and also right after. I didn't really lose anything with DD while pregnant and haven't experienced it yet afterwards either. Crossing my fingers that my hair stays in this time!

• middy411 said:
    All I've noticed is that I stopped shedding hair while pregnant (yaaaay no hair globs in the shower!) and now I'm back to shedding the normal amount that I was before pregnancy. I have super curly hair so detangling leads to a lot of shedding so it was a nice break while pregnant.
    This
  • I went from curly to stick straight 2 weeks post partum. I've read that it can be up to 18 months before it goes back to normal! 
  • I've been shedding like crazy and my skin is super dry.
  • During pregnancy my hair was the nicest i've ever had it. It was thick and soft and shiny and vibrant. Now its falling out in the shower and is so dry it feels like straw, blech :(
  • Shedding like crazy! Also I just got colored last week. She used the same color formula she has always used on me. It's normally a light brown, this time it went way more red than brown. 
  • I think I am losing enough hair everyday to make a wig each day. It's terrible
  • I am too! It just started about 2 weeks ago. I'm loosing so much!!  But I actually don't mind too much because I have such thick hair lol
  • katieashley13katieashley13 member
    edited June 2016
    Me and LO are shedding like crazy! Hair every where. 
  • I've got major shedding issues, too. I can't be pissed off at the cats for shedding everywhere because I'm even worse! The bathroom wall looks like a horror show after every shower, covered in hair I stick there so it doesn't clog the drain. Insanity, I tell you.

I don't see a visible difference in the thickness of my hair, which is the weird part.
  • =caenis= said:
    I've got major shedding issues, too. I can't be pissed off at the cats for shedding everywhere because I'm even worse! The bathroom wall looks like a horror show after every shower, covered in hair I stick there so it doesn't clog the drain. Insanity, I tell you.

I don't see a visible difference in the thickness of my hair, which is the weird part.
    This exactly! Somehow my hair is still to thick as ever. I pull an entire wig out of the shower daily. Not to mention how much I'm constantly prying out of my lo's closed fists.
  • =caenis= said:
    I've got major shedding issues, too. I can't be pissed off at the cats for shedding everywhere because I'm even worse! The bathroom wall looks like a horror show after every shower, covered in hair I stick there so it doesn't clog the drain. Insanity, I tell you.

This exactly! Somehow my hair is still to thick as ever. I pull an entire wig out of the shower daily. Not to mention how much I'm constantly prying out of my lo's closed fists.
    This is my daily life
  • Glad I'm not the only one!  Losing a ton of hair!  My nails are also brittle too. I feel like I'm falling apart!
  • Add me to the shedding list, it's just awful! Between what I find in the upstairs bathroom shower and floor from brushing and the downatairs bathroom from drying my hair, I'm clueless as to how I still have a full head of hair! 
  • Shedding globs and globs of hair. My hairdresser scared me into thinking it was abnormal but my doctor assured me it's fine, just hormonal changes. Thank god it was think to start with! 
  • Glad to see I'm not the only one still shedding tons of hair.  I don't remember being this bad with DD1 and I now have hypothyroidism.  I'm getting my levels checked next week but hopefully it's just the postpartum balancing. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My hair isn't falling out anymore than it was (curls so every time I brush it I get handful anyway ) BUT it feels like straw and it's so knotted all the time! No matter what I use or do to it its just a big  straw feeling knot:( I've tried coconut oil mask which has ALWAYS worked,diff conditioners nothing works.
  • Tsearfoss said:
    My hair isn't falling out anymore than it was (curls so every time I brush it I get handful anyway ) BUT it feels like straw and it's so knotted all the time! No matter what I use or do to it its just a big  straw feeling knot:( I've tried coconut oil mask which has ALWAYS worked,diff conditioners nothing works.
    Yes! my hair is so dry! And frizzes easier. I use DevaCurl products which are great but I think my big wads of hair come from trying to detangle thirsty curls... Wahhh 
  • smn14smn14 member
    My hair has just started falling Out, losing so so much! I think it's probably just the hair that I gained in pregnancy, but LO is constantly covered in my hair.!
  • My hair is falling out like crazy! It's worse than the cat fur at this point. I sweep the floor everyday but you can still see it piling up in strands across the rooms. I guess I had thick hair before being pregnant so I'm hoping it's just loosing the extras, but it feels like so much falls out everyday and my hair feels thinner than I remember =(
  • Mine just started falling out like crazy too...I have super long hair and I'm losing long strands so I know alot of its hair I had before the pregnancy  :/
  • It's probably just a coincidence, but I went and got my hair cut and colored and then my hair started falling out like crazy, by the freaking handfuls. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I just ordered Nioxin's System 3 for my hair off of Amazon.  I've used it in the past to deal with my thin hair and it worked great.  I'm hoping it will help me now!  I'm getting some thin spots on top.  Eek!
  • Postpartum hair loss is normal and even I've been shedding like crazy. I already talked with many moms and found that same things happens to many of them. I heard that excessive hair loss is caused by falling estrogen levels.

But, good news is that it's temporary and hope my hair come back soon. Just got a short haircut (like #5 here) as my hairs are thinning. Maybe you too can choose something between long and very short hairstyle.

• Mines falling out llike crazy still!!! Texture feelsl rough but not dry its very odd to me.my skin isn't nearly as dry as before I got pregs (could be all the Shea butter/coconut oil).hair even  looks thinner.some days its crazy curls everywhere other days its mildly wavy.I'm sure at some point it'll go back to normal but right now its got a mind of its own!!!oh and if I dye my hair it last 2weeks tops before it fades or roots show again
  • Is anyone now getting crazy tufts of new hair growing back? 
  • I'm getting weird hair back!its a weird brown(my hair is almost black normally but this is like a weird brownish red color and mainly around my forehead to the point I was Wondering if it was breakage. Totally different texture to!
  • I'm getting so much hair back right near my hairline. I have super curly hair so there are all these tiny single spirals that stick up if my hair is in a bun. It's actually kinda cute lol