Pregnant after IF
Options

Anyone losing hair pregnant ?

mskeenanmskeenan member
edited June 2016 in Pregnant after IF
Hi ladies ! I am just curious if I am the only one . I am 17 weeks pregnant and am still losing a ton of my hair . I lost a lot during my fertility treatments which is understandable and I've read can be normal . However , I keep reading that hair is supposed to be beautiful and full during pregnancy . I'm afraid to brush because every time chunks just come out . I wonder if my PCOS has anything to do with it - I thought being pregnant would make me "normal " for once but it seems my symptoms are never normal . I know in the grand scheme of things this is a very minor issue . As long as my baby continues to  grow and be healthy I'll take hair loss every day . Anyone else have this issue ?

Also , hair in unwanted areas (chin , upper lip , chest and breasts ) has picked up . Wish I could transfer it to my head !! 

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
DH: 29
Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
DH: No issues.
Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
October 2015: IUI: BFN
January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !

Re: Anyone losing hair pregnant ?

• Options
    @mskeenan I personally don't have experience with this, but I can think of a handful of friends (non-IF related) that has experienced this during pregnancy. 
    ****Siggy TW****
    natural pregnancy: 2008 
    Me: 28 (Hypothyroid), DH: 35
    Together since: 2010
    Married: 2013
    TTC: 2013
    Infertility: severe MFI, low AMH (0.5)
    Met RE: January 2016
    ER: 3/14 (4 follies, 6 eggs retrieved, 2 fertilized)
    fresh 3dt of 2 embryos= BFP (1 implanted)
    EDD w/ baby boy= 12/6/16
  • Options
    Hi @mskeenan. I do not have that problem, I did however read that you should contact a nurse to see if there isn't a special reason why you loose much hair.

https://www.babycentre.co.uk/x552711/my-hair-is-falling-out-is-this-normal

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mskeenan - I had the same issue.  I think it started to get better around 20-24 weeks.  I was very concerned and consulted Dr. Google. :) I read it could be a vitamin deficiency, so I spoke with my endocrinologist.  He drew my levels and they were all normal - but low normal for B12, so I started taking my B-complex again.  I'm guessing it was just a normal pregnancy "thing" but it did eventually get better.  I have a LO at home and it was as bad or worse than AFTER I had her.  I hope you see an improvement soon.
    *** Child & current pregnancy mentioned ***
    Me - 41 (PCOS), Hubby - 43 (healthy)
    7/2013 - Sweet baby girl born (Clomid + TI)
    3/2014 - TTC #2, return to RE 7/2014
    12/2015: IVF #1 transferred two great looking embryos - BFP!
    First ultrasound: TWO beautiful little heartbeats!!
    Harmony: negative; level 2: babies look great and are boy/girl! :) 
  • Options
    Thank you ladies for the feedback . I'm definitely going to mention it at my next OB visit in a few weeks . 

@emsmama15 I'm sorry you had to deal with it too ! I wonder if I should go back to my RE about it . Maybe my OB could test my vitamin levels . I'm glad it gets better ! I sure hope it does !!  

**BFP and loss warning**

Me: 29
    DH: 29
    Us: Married Valentine's Day, 2015
    DH: No issues.
    Me: PCOS, unexplained infertility (whatever that means!!)
    June 2015 Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    July 2015:  Medicated TI cycle: BFN
    August 2015: IUI: BFP. Chemical pregnancy :(
    October 2015: IUI: BFN
    January 2016: Egg retrieval: 10 frozen embryos!
    March 2016: FET Cycle- 2 embryos transferred!: BFP !
  • Options
    I don't think I"m losing tons and tons but with my son I remember def losing less hair and this time around I think I am losing what I was prepregnancy..maybe the tiniest bit less..
    @mskeenan  let me know what your dr says when you speak to them about it.