August 2015 Moms

DIY birthday stuff

Anyone making any cool DIY stuff for the upcoming 1st birthdays? I'm going to make a healthier version of a smash cake and try to make a little party hat. I love DIY stuff but my time is so limited. Anyone else DIY'ing?

Re: DIY birthday stuff

• Oh my I am still trying to get it in my head that he'll be one soon! When does yours turn one? We aren't until 8/4 (which will be here before I know it). We are doing just a small family bbq and swimming. We went to a first birthday a bit ago and it was such a production we swore we would do the opposite haha. It'll be low key for us :)
  • Oh my I am still trying to get it in my head that he'll be one soon! When does yours turn one? We aren't until 8/4 (which will be here before I know it). We are doing just a small family bbq and swimming. We went to a first birthday a bit ago and it was such a production we swore we would do the opposite haha. It'll be low key for us :)

8/4 too! But since I am so busy I am trying to plan a little in advance. We belong to a beach association on a lake that's right down the street from us so we are having the party there. I agree on not having a big production. I'm shooting for easy. Plus something outside where people can swim and play games means less clean up and less entertaining for me : )
  • Loading the player...
  • More about the memories for us! 

One thing special/different I am planning is a first father/daughter dance for DD and DH.  It is something DH will always remember and  I hope to take pictures  and frame it one day for a gift (possibly a wedding gift?) for DD.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker

One thing special/different I am planning is a first father/daughter dance for DD and DH.  It is something DH will always remember and  I hope to take pictures  and frame it one day for a gift (possibly a wedding gift?) for DD.
    I love this idea!

I love this idea!
    Me too!  That would be a beautiful wedding present for your DD some day.   
  • Son will be one on 8/25.  We will have two parties as my family does not live here.  So one with husbands side and one with mine maybe a few close friends will be included.  
  • Everything for DD was DIY, smash cake, big cake for guests, cupcakes, decor, but it was sooo easy because she's an October baby so it was a Halloween themed costume birthday party, which was AWESOME because a big group of my friends had babies at the same time and we got to see all the babies in costume together and get lots of pictures =)
  • I've used a cardboard crafts 1 (you can find them at Michaels or any other craft store) and covered it in decorative paper (I just use a sheet of scrapbooking paper) and then used large foam letters to put their name on it. I've done this with each of my kids' first birthday. I did it as an alternate to a candle, because I didn't think a 1 year old and candles should mix. Plus it's a great keepsake I can use as decor in the room later.
  • I just finished the tutu for her smash cake photos. Working on a high chair tutu now
  • That tutu is sooooo cute!!!