TTC after 35

TWW May 30 - June 5!

Tell us how many DPO you are, what you're doing/not doing this month, when/if you'll test, and symptoms that have you wondering if this is THE month! If you haven't already made a separate intro, please first do so in a separate discussion thread so we can get to know you! Good luck!
Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: TWW May 30 - June 5!

• KT&JohnKT&John member
    DPO: 3-4

Did OPKs this month. BD every day in the FW except for one.

3-4 DPO is totally the no man's land of TTC. Things I have Googled: "can an OPK detect pregnancy". I have read on here that they can, but wasn't quite sure how it all worked. I was thinking it may be more sensitive than an HPT and would work the same way as it does for ovulation with the line getting slowly darker the more hormone that builds up. Not the case. Only works when you are far enough along to turn an HPT positive and apparently not reliable. There, I saved you THAT Goofle search. ;)

Boobs slightly sore, but happens every month. Ovia app says status of CM is promising, but does that even mean anything? Waiting on.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• amberrukaamberruka member
    edited May 2016
    @KT&John I use Ovia but it told me my FW was a week after it actually is (I don't temp/OPK, I fear it would make me OCD, just my personal choice). That's why I got KU 4 days before my FW was to start on Ovia.

I'm benched for 2 more months. FX for you!! :smile:  

(edited because I'm not benched for 2 more "moths", thought that would be pretty cool....)
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm 1 day past positive OPK. Probably ovulating today but unfortunately DH went out of town for work today.  We only got to BD yesterday day of the Positive OPK and Friday bc I was out of town all weekend at a bachelorette party. I spent all night googling if that was enough.... I love to torture myself. Guess I have to wait to find out..I start a new job in 2 weeks so I have that to look forward to as well.

I'd love to try and temp, but I never wake up at the same time every day. I tried to set an alarm to remember last month but I still forgot 90% of the time. 

• In part thanks to my yeast infection, we just didn't get the opportunity and I'm either 2-3 DPO.  We only BD on first day of positive OPK and also one day after the second day of positive OPK.  This is the second month of using OPK that work, and I had two days in a row of positive OPK - last month only had one day.  I feel like this month was a lost cause.  The good thing is I'm not as overly obsessed...so far...because that's how hopeless I feel about this month.    

This board is reassuring me that I should still be on this path of trying, even though some days I feel I'm just too old.  I keep thinking I will only try until the end of this year, but we shall see.
    Me: 41
    Husband: 40
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
    Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally
  • Lu19Lu19 member

Hey all! I'm CD/25 and 8-9/DPO. Apparently there's a theme here for us TWW'ers, I too only BD'd once (maybe twice) during relevant time this cycle, lol. DH threw his back out, and was in some serious pain, and DS got sick right during peak time. Really didn't bother me bc last cycle we really stuck to BD every other day with no success, so wasn't feeling as motivated this time around. One positive is I'm not nearly as BSC or obsessive this cycle - so its nice to have a little breather from that. Ah well, it only takes one swimmer ;) best of luck and fx ladies! :) 

• @Lu19 - sorry for your lack of opportunities as well.  Illnesses always seem to fall during the week of magic for us, too.  

This is how sad our sex life has gotten:  yesterday H texted me and asked if I got another smiley face.  I gave him this long response on how the test works and I stopped testing because I got positives two days in a row so I stopped after that.  Meanwhile he said he asked because he wanted to have sex later.  So sad that it has come to this!  
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • Still here. 8-9 DPO. I thought our timing was pretty good this month but who knows. I'm in that crazy zone where I go back and forth between thinking I am feeling "signs" and thinking it's PMS. AF is due Thursday, so trying to hold out until Friday to test if she doesn't show.

To the ladies who think they did not BD enough sending good thoughts that you hit the right time and get that BFP!
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016

• @jennh75b I thought BD on day of first positive opk was good timing....maybe I don't know how to use them? (Totally possible as this is my first month using them). Either way I wouldn't count yourself out! 

Fx for everyone! Hoping we get another BFP this time around :) 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PoeMasque  - it's not necessarily the timing I'm worried about, just the low frequency this time around.  Thanks for the positive vibes!!!
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • CD 1 for me today. Back to WTO ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016

• jennh75bjennh75b member
    edited June 2016
    Awww...so sorry @KT&John   :(

(edited but it won't fix your name!)
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • PurpleRainsPurpleRains member
    edited June 2016
    So sorry, @KT&John - grab something sweet/alcoholic/bad for you and indulge.  I'm still in WTO...

ETA: WTO status
    Formerly ahrains
    Me: 42 | DH: 45
    TTC since Dec. 2014
    BFP #1 Oct. 2015 | MC Nov. 2015
    Sept. 2016: FSH, AMH, E2, TSH, etc. all normal. | Oct. 2016: HSG all clear! | Nov. 2016: Hysteroscopy & H's SA both great results
    Dec. 2016 - Follistim + TI
    BFP #2 12/25/16 | Natural MC 2/13/17 | False BFP leads to D&C 4/20/17 | Emergency D&C + hysteroscopy 5/16/17
    <3 The road probably ends here <3 

• Thanks for the support gals. Doing OK and treated myself to a rum and Coke last night ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016

• Lu19Lu19 member
    sorry to hear @KT&amp;John :(  - but love your positive attitude and glad you're treating yourself!