Attachment Parenting

Baby K'tan Sling, please advice!

kalinkacskalinkacs member
edited June 2016 in Attachment Parenting
Girls, please tell me your opinion. I am very scared to mess up my baby's back ( he is one month old). I wanted a sling, but didn't want the one with complicated wrap, since my hands grow from my butt. So in the store I saw this one, it's pretty much the same, but with easier wrapping that's is partially predone for you. It was easy to wrap it around and place my baby, he loved it in there and I loved it as well. I posted it in my Russian mothers group and girls seriously attacked me saying that everything but the original wrap is bad for your child and unsafe for his back development and this position is incorrect. I've checked reviews, discussions and everyone in here seems to be happy with this product. Is it really that bad and going to mess up my sons health? Thanks 

Re: Baby K'tan Sling, please advice!

• I have honestly never heard that and it doesn't make any sense. The k'tan holds baby in the same exact positions as a wrap, you just don't have to wrap it. I have one and love it. If you tried it on and like it, and baby liked it, go for it!
  • My son practically lived in the ktan as a newborn. We started on the hug position when he was 2 months. He's 9 months now and neither of us has back problems. I don't use it that much since he's heavy now but I may try the hip holds now because he still loves being held.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you very much! 
  • Thank you! 
  • I love my ktan. My baby wore it from one day old until about six months, when i got a soft shell carrier that fad better back support
  • @theglitteredpterodactyl - which carrier did you get? My baby is 6 months and I want to wear her on my back, but I'm overwhelmed by all the options.

To the OP -I know this post is old now, but DH and I both have a K'tan and we love them. The baby loves it too. I've used it around the house, out running errands, and every time we have to fly. It makes getting through the airport so much easier. I highly recommend it.

Pregnancy Ticker

• caileajaydencaileajayden member
    edited November 2016
    I used one with my son when he was a newborn and it was a lifesaver. I use a wrap sometimes now and he's in the same positions. It's the same thing, the k'tan is just less wrapping.
    Mama of 1.5 little boys.
    20. Engaged. Single Parent. College Student in 2017. SAHM.
    Just taking things as they come and doing the best I can for my kids.

Michael Anthony | April 11th 2015
    Baby Boy #2 | May 12th 2017