Baby Names

If you had a baby girl tomorrow....

elowen15elowen15 member
edited June 2016 in Baby Names
What would you name her? We found out this week that I am hosting another parasite and can't imagine I'd have anything but another girl. I need to revamp my list as most ofwhat I have left feels meh. 
Here is my list 

Anniston
Alexa
Arwen
Brenna
Briar
Corrine
Caroline
Della
Daisy
Lena
Poppy
Tessa
Juliette
Margo
Stella
Margaret
Norah
Gwen
Seraphina 

Re: If you had a baby girl tomorrow....

• im loving antonietta at the moment

giuliana
    gioia
    adrianna
    natalia
    nadia
  • Out of your list I like Daisy, Margo and Margaret best. 

If I had a little girl tomorrow I would probably name her Phoebe.
  • Loading the player...
  • Leona is our top girl name.

Out of your list I like Corinne and Margot the best.

Rhea
    Lenore 
    Delphine 
    Florence 
    Rosalind 
    Ariadne 
    Minerva
    Hester
    Hilde
    Cordelia 
  • If our LO is a girl (I'm 38 weeks) she will be Savannah Jane.

From your list I like:
    Caroline
    Corinne
    Poppy (also like as a nn for Penelope)
    Juliette
    Margaret (nn Maggie)
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Our top girl name is Poppy Lorraine (Lorraine is a family name for both of us)
  • I love Corinne and I like Stella as well.
  • From your list, I like: 
    Margot (spelled this way)
    Margaret
    Gwen (prefer it as a nn for Gwedolyn or Gwyneth)
    Poppy

If I had a baby girl tomorrow I would pick either Mabel or Beatrice.

• It sounds like you have a GREAT list going! You have chosen a lot of strong, unique names, so I'm sure you'll end up choosing a good one! My favorites from your list are...
    Norah (Nora?)
    Poppy
    Margaret - it is SO CUTE in it's entirety, but can also be Margo, Madge, Maggie.
  • I like Corinne the best!

if I were having another daughter, I'd name her Beatrice or Juniper. 
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Lena is my favorite name on your list, love it!

If I had a girl tomorrow I think I'd pick Naomi. 
    DD #1 Eva- April 2011
    DD #2 Violet- October 2013
    DD#3 Due New Year's Eve 2016

• I like Margot and Margaret best. 

If I had a girl tomorrow, she'd be either Sibyl (my great-grandmother didn't have the more common spelling of the name) or Eleanor. 
  • MrsCFBMrsCFB member
    Alexandra
  • Lena has been my favorite girl name for years and years. The husband didn't think it was complete enough though so if we ever have a girl I'm hoping he will be swayed by Lenora.
  • From your list, I like Tessa the best, but out of personal preference I would likely shorten it to Tess. 

LO is Ainsley, and if DH and I have another daughter, I'm going to push for Sylvia.

• momma2charmomma2char member
    edited June 2016
    Caroline, Daisy and Margaret are my favorites from your list! I've heard Daisy is a nickname for Margaret too. 

If I had a baby girl tomorrow she would either be Lucy Violet, Evangeline Rose, or Daisy Josephine (the flower theme to honor my grandmother who absolutely loves anything to do with flowers and gardening) :smile:  
  • ellebee2ellebee2 member
    edited June 2016
    If I had a girl right now I'd name her Annabel. 

From your list my faves are:
    Brenna
    Corrine
    Juliette 
    Stella
    Norah

Congrats!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  
  • Congrats! I like your list!  Just Brenna, Anniston, Briar & Poppy are NMS. I've never been a fan of Daisy because of Great Gatsby even though I usually love flower names.  Which is why if I had a daughter tomorrow she'd be Rose Caroline I think. 
  • Definitely print your post out and save it to give it to her(?) later, I'm sure she'll love it! 

I've heard people manage to use this choice of words and come across as lighthearted, but this post just sounds nasty at worst and trying too hard at best. 

Norah's our top pick right now...

BFP #1 10/30/15 MMC found 11/30/15 D&C 12/11/15 EDD 7/9/16
    BFP #2  3/21/16    Nora Mae born 12/6/16
    BFP #3 11/27/20    EDD 8/6/21
    healing comes in waves, and maybe today the wave hits the rocks and that’s ok, that’s ok, darling. you are still healing, you are still healing- Ijeoma Umebinyuo, be gentle with yourself

• Genevieve Elise.
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • emilyray14emilyray14 member
    edited June 2016
    If it was just up to me, she would be named Pearl or June. If my husband has to have a say  :p our compromise name currently is Rose.
    My furchildren, Dorothy and Johnny :)
  • @emilyray14  we are the same person - those were my top 2 as well! I got them into the middle name slot but then lo was born early in May instead of June and we scrapped them.
  • I don't see that the OP has come back yet so maybe the post was intended to rile people up. Or maybe pregnancy sucks. I know plenty of ladies who jestingly refer to their babes as parasites. We all deal with pregnancy in our own ways. I'm not usually a white knight, but good lord people are overreacting.

At any rate, on another thread I just saw Miranda, and I wish I had seen that before my last girl was born because I freakin' love it.

But just a BIG NO to Anniston.

All of this! I used to refer to my son as a little parasite too. I mean...the definition of a parasite is an organism that lives on or within a host and takes nutrients away from it. It's funny. Ya'll need to chill a little!
    I agree. I understand that there are a lot of women on The Bump who struggle with fertility so I understand how they might be sensitive to the joke. However, I also think it's insensitive to assume a woman doesn't want the child she is carrying. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that because she is on this app and is trying to think of names she wants the baby. 
  • I don't see that the OP has come back yet so maybe the post was intended to rile people up. Or maybe pregnancy sucks. I know plenty of ladies who jestingly refer to their babes as parasites. We all deal with pregnancy in our own ways. I'm not usually a white knight, but good lord people are overreacting.

At any rate, on another thread I just saw Miranda, and I wish I had seen that before my last girl was born because I freakin' love it.

But just a BIG NO to Anniston.

All of this! I used to refer to my son as a little parasite too. I mean...the definition of a parasite is an organism that lives on or within a host and takes nutrients away from it. It's funny. Ya'll need to chill a little!
    I agree. I understand that there are a lot of women on The Bump who struggle with fertility so I understand how they might be sensitive to the joke. However, I also think it's insensitive to assume a woman doesn't want the child she is carrying. I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that because she is on this app and is trying to think of names she wants the baby. 
    Agree- I refer to my LO as the "alien in my belly" and this was a planned for, wished for, hoped for loved baby that I cannot wait to meet :)
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • PGAL here, and I often refer to this pregnancy as the spawn. I thought parasite was equally funny and lighthearted. 

If I got to pick today- and DH magically just agreed to my choices- she would be either Paige, Mara, or Annika. DH is the biggest caveat though!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I have a Tess Corinne so I'm partial to those. I also love Margot but DH nixed it. 

Having another girl in 2 weeks but if I had to name her right now it would be Gwyneth Irene or Veda Claire. 
    Married my best friend on 5/14/05
    Three Girls: Bits 2/08  Biscuit 10/09 & Sweet Chuck 2/12
    One Favorite son: Suishy Smalls 6/14
    And another Princess coming 7/16