July 2015 Moms

Who's ready for yogurt?

Any one started giving their babies yogurt? My pediatrician said we could start giving my son yogurt. Are any other mommies giving their babies yogurt and if so is there a brand you prefer?? Thank you in advanced! :smile: 

Re: Who's ready for yogurt?

• Our pediatrician said we should start at 6 months. My little guy LOVES yogurt! I give him YoBaby at breakfast (per the drs recommendation). I didnt.think he would be able to eat the whole container in one sitting, but he sure does!
  • Hi same here( yo baby) he loves all the favors. 
  • Loading the player...
  • YoBaby and he loves it! So do I!
  • The Dr. said we can start adding it but I just gave DD a Yogi snack (it's like freeze dried flavored yogurt buttons that dissolve) and she hilariously hated them! Then I tried one and had the same reaction. Like sour milk melting in your mouth! And I'm a huge yogurt lover so that says something lol, I'll try again next month! Blech!
  • We also give Stonyfield YoBaby. She loves it!
    Anniversary 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • AKOL0AKOL0 member
    My baby turns 9 months this weekend.  I'm really excited. Her doctor wanted us to wait until 9 months to start yogurt, meat, nuts, ect. Our babies are growing up.  :'(
  • I completely forgot about YoBaby!  Thanks for the reminder.  :D  Hazel loves to share my yogurt with me (Stonyfield Lowfat Vanilla) -- a whole fat version is probably better.  I wish the YoBaby didn't have added sugar, though.  
  • I've been feeding baby kefir which has a yogurt texture full of probiotics. She's been eating the pain kind too which cuts out some unnecessary sugar. 
  • juliekay25juliekay25 member
    edited April 2016
    Gave LO some apple yo baby yogurt for supper tonight and he loved it. He's 9 months tonight. 
  • AKOL0AKOL0 member
    Today we are her 9 month appointment. Our doctor said that since girly had a little eczema, we should wait on yogurt. I was really looking forward to it. She suggested no dairy at all until she is a year. However, she said yogurt bites barely have any yogurt in them to count. I guess we have to wait 3 more months to have a yogurt covered picture. lol.
  • My daughter loves yogurt. We do siggis or the dannon zero or the baby yogurt. She goes nuts
  • AKOL0 said:
    Today we are her 9 month appointment. Our doctor said that since girly had a little eczema, we should wait on yogurt. I was really looking forward to it. She suggested no dairy at all until she is a year. However, she said yogurt bites barely have any yogurt in them to count. I guess we have to wait 3 more months to have a yogurt covered picture. lol.
    Hmm... My LO has eczema too and my pediatrician didn't say anything! (She also prescribed him an ointment that apparently shouldn't be given to kids under age 2!!!) That's why I'm looking for s new one. 

So I started him on plain Greek yogurt mixed with his Apple purée (his fav) and he LOVES it. 

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• My son LOVES yogurt. I give him whole fat plain Greek yogurt and he goes crazy for it!
  • Thanks to all the wonderful advice here we gave baby boy the YoBaby yogurt this weekend and he loved it.  Thanks, mamas!