Baby Names
Options

Sibset--- yes or no?

My DD is Emery Claire. And, my husband and I love the name Emmett for our new LO if it's a boy... I think it's strange to do Emery and Emmett, but my husband begs to differ! Thoughts?!

Re: Sibset--- yes or no?

• Options
    It's way to matchy 

• Options
    ktlanyktlany member
    Agree - way too close. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Too much.
  • Options
    Too close
  • Options
    I agree with the others. Emery and Emmett are way too close.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Definitely too matchy
  • Options
    I agree that they're a little too close... maybe it's that they both start with the "Em" sound. Could you look for other E names that have a slightly different sound? I am all for choosing a name 'pattern' for your children, but you don't want it to sound contrived. 
  • Options
    Too matchy.  
  • Options
    Way too close. What other names have you thrown around?
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    Even though I personally wouldn't do another E name, Everett is similar and not quite as matchy 

• Options
  • Options
    For a boy:
    Everett, Wyatt, Nash (guilty pleasure name), Bennett (but don't like the "b" alliteration w/ LN), Nathan, Jake (the 1st two letters of my name are Ja and my hubby's are Ke), and my front runner is Colin Reid.

Girls names have been incredibly difficult... But we like Nora Grace.

I find that our name style is typically a less common FN paired with a classic/ common MN
  • Options
    Looooove Nora Grace!!! I support Everett as well - it 'goes' with Emery without being overly similar. 
  • Options
    I personally see where they are too matchy but if you never call them Em it would work.  I know families with names, Dennis/Denise, Andre/Andrea, Alex/Alexis...
    If it is a name you love do it.  I do like the suggestion of Everett, however.  
  • Options
    What about Emery and Elliott?
  • Options
    For a boy:
    Everett, Wyatt, Nash (guilty pleasure name), Bennett (but don't like the "b" alliteration w/ LN), Nathan, Jake (the 1st two letters of my name are Ja and my hubby's are Ke), and my front runner is Colin Reid.

Girls names have been incredibly difficult... But we like Nora Grace.

I find that our name style is typically a less common FN paired with a classic/ common MN
    Love Everett, like Wyatt and love Colin Reid!! Nora Grace is pretty too :)
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    What about Emery and Elliott?
    Great suggestion. Elliott was on our list the first time around... My sister used it for my niece's MN and we have a close friend who now has an Elliott so I don't feel comfortable using it, but like it!!!
  • Options
    I like Everett but also like just Rhett.  

• Options
    Colin Reid is awesome 

• Options
    Collin was on our short list for a boy during my pregnancy. I think Collin Reid would be an excellent choice, and I also am a fan of Nora.