October 2015 Moms

Looking for a good thermometer!

We are on the hunt for a good accurate thermometer for LO! We have been through 2 - the first is the Innovo ear/forehead combo which is always at least a degree off, next we tried the Kinsa which may be good for underarm when he gets older. So far the most accurate reading we've had is from rectal reading but pedi said not to do it too often because he may get used relying on it to help with pooping! Help!!! Anyone have a good thermometer recommendation???

Re: Looking for a good thermometer!

• We use the braun forehead thermometer...seems accurate to me. Ive found that any of the "no touch" thermometers give crazy all over the place temps. 
  • LimieLimie member
    I would think that he wouldn't get used to it for pooping unless you are taking his temp everyday?  We use a forehead thermometer and it does seem to be off a degree but that doesn't bother me.  If I'm really concerned I also have a rectal thermometer.  
  • Loading the player...
  • If he takes a pacifier we have one of the summer infant pacifier thermometers that was accurate when she had a bug last month. Only slight problem we have is it has the orthodontic nipple and picky here prefers the other type. It correctly told us 101 when the under arm said 98! 

That being said her pediatrician and gi both only use the forehead ones. 
  • On recommendation from a nurse in the hospital, we purchased the braun forehead thermometer. It's been GREAT for the baby and for our 4 year old too. No complaints here! :smile: