Pregnant after 35

Weekly Check In 5/27

This is a weekly check in for anyone pregnant over 35. If you are new to the board please feel free to jump right in!

How far along are you? 

How are you feeling?

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?)

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: What book(s) have had a great influence in your life and why? 

Re: Weekly Check In 5/27

• Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 31 weeks tomorrow

How are you feeling? Insomnia, horrible pelvic/groin pain, hobbit feet

Any baby news? Heading to an appt in 15 minutes. Just a quickie, but I'm looking forward to having my BP and urine checked so I know for sure that my swollen feet aren't a problem. I went to a party last night and they got huge again, so I went home early.

Rant: Hobbit feet. Enough said.

GTKY: What book(s) have had a great influence in your life and why? Oh gosh, all of them. I read so much growing up, I was at a 10th grade reading level when I was in 5th grade. Books are the best.

TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• @Wyattnash00 -- I love beach reads/ plane books too! Sometimes you just need to get sucked into something and escape! I just can't remember the titles of any of those, except that one I am currently reading. :)
  • Haaa, same thoughts @sporty1216!! I have to look back at my kindle to see if I've read some books after a few months, they all mesh together! It's like reality tv, I just need something mindnumbing where I don't need to think after taking to a toddler all day:)

ps ladies, if you're looking for a good show, bloodline (with my crush 'coach' from Friday night lights), starts up season 2 on Netflix tonight!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Ah! thanks for the heads up about Bloodline! LOVE that show. And "coach Taylor." Oh man. I want to be Tammy Taylor when I grow up, and if my DH wanted to model himself after Coach, that'd be just fine by me. Haha.

@PattersRN--that wait for the first appointment seems SO long. Glad you have a nurse visit just to break things up!
  • I saw Tammy Taylor in the Nashville airport late at night, so cool!! 
  • AAAAACCCKKKK! you are lucky. What did you do? I would have probably totally embarrassed myself!

My BIL and SIL live in Nashville and ran into her and Sheryl Crow at some little bar in a small town nearby that I can't remember the name of. They went and chatted and said both Tammy Taylor and Sheryl were really nice.
  • Haaaa!! I'll always call her Tammy Taylor! I played it 'cool,' like she noticed. She was with her bf and son and looked like she didn't want to be bothered, but I totally wanted to geek out and get a pic! My hubs stopped me..lame!
  • I love Friday night lights!! I just couldn't quite get into bloodline but maybe it's time to try again!
  • @Piperella -- the dogwood story is beautiful! You'll have to let us know what color the blossoms end up being. :) those are my mom's favorite. I always think of her when I see them. 
  • Yes to a book thread! I've also been considering subscribing to audible so I can listen to books and so LO can too. Anyone a subscriber out there? Worth it?
  • @emsmama15 I had a bad experience with a chiropractor that left me with injured ribs for three months, so I can't bring myself to try again. And especially while pregnant, it's not a gamble I'm willing to make. Plus, money is an issue at the moment.

@redheadbride15, I was thinking the same thing!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• How far along are you? 27w

How are you feeling? Great today, other than it being hot and my thighs rubbing and chafing under my skirt...

Any baby news (tests results/scans/upcoming appointments?) DP and I had a night away at an inn in a the mad river valley on Thurs and then went for a 4-mile trail hike through national forest along a brook. At about the halfway point on the trail I realized that I had soaked through my underwear and crotch of my pants (and knew it wasn't urine since I had stopped multiple times to squat). I was a bit worried, so we turned around, got back to the car and I called the midwife as soon as we were in cell service. She told us to get up to the birthing center (about 45 min. away) to get checked right away b/c if it was amniotic fluid obviously we had to deal with it ASAP. Needless to say, it was a very tense drive over a mountain gap to the birthing center w/DP driving like a bat out of hell. Got there and they did an exam and found very watery cervical mucus. They checked the fluid in the lab to make sure it wasn't amniotic fluid and thankfully, they determined it was not. I felt like a bit of a schmuck for going in, but the midwife said she was glad I did and with the super watery quality of the cervical fluid that it was no wonder I was soaked through and concerned. So, a little baby-related drama yesterday, but otherwise just waiting for my 28 week appt. in a little over a week when I get to do the dreaded GD test.

Rants/Raves/Questions: I went to the birthing center stressed and fearing for my baby's safety and left with all the warm fuzzies. A couple of the nurses that were there when I delivered my son three years ago were there, remembered me and reminisced with me. The staff is just so incredibly warm, thoughtful and reassuring that it reinforces for me that it is absolutely the right place for us to have this baby. I really hope I make it to at least 35 weeks (and obviously a lot further) because that's the earliest that they will deliver at the center.

GTKY: What book(s) have had a great influence in your life and why? I have also been a life long prolific reader. There are so many books along the way that have made an impact or just been the right book at the right time. A few I can think of off hand are The Color Purple, The Red Tent, A Staggering Work of Heartbreaking Genius and pretty much all the Jane Austen. I think I got into reading as a kid because of the escapism of it and as an adult it feeds my need for introversion. I wish I had more time to read now, but with work and a family, I usually only get the 15-20 minutes before my head hits the pillow at night.

• @Mamafesto I'm so glad everything turned out okay! ...And I also liked A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)

• Oh, and I recommend reading The Book Thief. So well-written. 
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)

• @Mamafesto I would have been so scared in your shoes. I am so happy all was well and you feel in love with your birth center again. Win-win!!!
  • @Mamafesto -- so glad everything is okay! I remember having some of that super watery cm last time and it was freaky. Hooray for being newly in love with your birthing center too. :)
  • Oh, and I recommend reading The Book Thief. So well-written. 
    I LOVED this book!

also @Mamafesto glad everything turned out okay!!
    Me: 40  DH: 43
    Married 5/30/15
    TTC #1 June 2015
    BFP #1 9/28/15, EDD 6/10/16. DS born 5/23/16!
    TTC #2 May 2017
    BFP #2 m/c 11/18/17 5w5d
    BFP #3 12/17/17 EDD 8/25/18. It's a boy!
  • @Mamafesto glad to hear all is well!
  • Soooo scary and anxiety filled @mamafesto, ugh. So happy to hear everything is good!! So hard to know between a lot of discharge and leaking, I'd have no idea.
  • @BernieRae -- and urban studies major sounds awesome! And glad you had a good time on your camping trip. :)
  • I am approximately 4w and 3d

i have an appointment coming up on Tuesday for a repeat HCG and progestone as well as my first u/s to check and see if it etopic.  Super nervous.

i am super tired and with school coming to a close I am really nervous for the beginning of the summer vacation.

For books... I don't remember the name, but I remember the story.  I had picked up the book when I was traveling for business and it had a girl
    in a red jacket on the cover.  It was about a woman who learns about her past
    and what happened to her family during WWII.  
  • @rissa06 I'm guessing it was "The Girl in the Red Coat."  --Good luck with your appt!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)

TTC#2 since May 2017

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)