TTC After a Loss

TTCAL Check-In: Week of May 30

1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.):

3. Rants/raves:

4. GTKY: What are the nostalgic TV shows, toys or books that remind you of your childhood?

Re: TTCAL Check-In: Week of May 30

• 2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): TWW

3. Rants/raves: I had a super strong feeling ovulation this cycle, which always makes me feel good. I was curious what would happen since last cycle I was on clomid, I wasn't sure if there would be any carry over impact. It actually felt similar to my ovulation while on the clomid, which I thought was weird. Could barely stand up straight type cramping.  Amazing how little things can impact the body so much.

I mentioned this in the Waiting to O thread, but I've been super emotional around this ovulation. Not sleeping well, crying over little things etc. These hormones make me crazy. 

4. GTKY: What are the nostalgic TV shows, toys or books that remind you of your childhood? I was a Mr. Rogers fan and would watch it and wave goodbye to my Dad out our front door when he drove to work. I also was into Popples and My Little Pony. AS for books, my Mom and I would read poems from Shel Silverstein's "There's a Light in the Attic" all the time.
  • 2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.):

+OPK last night and this morning so should be tonight

3. Rants/raves: really hoping as much as my ovaries have hurt for the last few days, they spit out a quality egg. We have had a lot of pep talks about it recently. Also, hope it's soon, we are really going overboard on the amount of relations this month and are both burning out 

4. GTKY: What are the nostalgic TV shows, toys or books that remind you of your childhood? I think reading rainbow is he show that first pops in my mind. I loved the "choose you own adventure" books, we had the entire series as well as babysitters club. I mostly read and played sports as a kid. My favorite toy was a microscope so I don't really have toys that remind me of childhood 
  • Loading the player...
  • edited May 2016
    2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): WTO. CD 3. What?? CD 3? It feels more like CD 94028.

3. Rants/raves: Went out foraging yesterday! It was so lovely to be surrounded by trees and nature. A birdwatcher pointed out a neat bird to us that he'd never seen before. We might join a bird watching club. It was too late for fiddleheads, but we know where to find the ferns for next late April. Took home some sumac, which I'm trying to make into lemonade. No biggie if not, we have our whole lives to learn this stuff. Morel mushrooms are still in season for like three more days, but we we were too filled with trepidation to really search by the bottoms of trees. 

No real rants this time around. Just trying to keep my head above water, as it were.

4. GTKY: What are the nostalgic TV shows, toys or books that remind you of your childhood? Hmm, well when I was four I had eye surgery. I still remember the first time I opened my eyes how there was a yellow blur in front of my face. I cried because I thought I went blind. It was actually my Grandma holding a stuffed Tweety bird up for me! I lost pretty much everything from childhood because of a narrow escape from what is basically a cult, but I still have that Tweety bird and I love it. Anne of Green Gables was a big deal to me as a kid and still is. Not too many TV shows from childhood, but Dawson's Creek from my adolescence means so, so much to me. 

Edit: Oh, and the Babysitters' Club series! I ate that ish up.
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• 2. CD19, 5DPO

3. Feeling like crap but it isn't TTC related. DH and I had another argument - this is a relationship issue that is going to take awhile to solve and I don't know how it will be resolved yet. There has to be some sort of compromise but DH doesn't see it that way, he's upset and thinking in black and white terms. Also, he is adamant that a therapist won't help... I think he's wrong, but he can't see it.

Rant/Rave - interview in San Antonio tomorrow - could have used the cognitive capacity to prep yesterday but my concentration was shot (still is) - so I went to see a friend and her horses. It was great to get out in the sun.

4. Nostalgia? I'm a child of the 80's and 90's... toys like My Little Pony, The Price is Right (with Bob Barker), Care Bears... Full House, Fresh Prince of Belaire...
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Me: 33 & DH: 33
    Married: 07/2006
    TTC: 10/2015
    BFP #1: 11/2015, MC 12/2015 (7 weeks)
    BFP #2: 06/2016, EDD 2/15/2017

Pregnancy Ticker

• @bornready FX for strong ovulation and a good egg!

@snobunniemel Yay for O day! Hope you don't lose steam for relations and your timing is fantastic! 

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): Um, somewhere in between? Have had pretty awful O pain now for about 36 hours straight, big temp spike yesterday but back down again today. I'm thinking O was yesterday? Maybe today? Maybe we are cycle twins @SnobunnieMel

3. Rants/raves: Unfortunately I came home from work yesterday and DH was complaining of muscle aches...he took some Advil and sometime later took his temp, which was 100.5ish. Ugh. He obviously is not down for relations now, making our timing -2 and -3 at best. We took Saturday night off for "rest," which I'm now regretting. I don't have high hopes for this cycle. DH was having reservations about "trying too hard" this cycle, so maybe this was a clear message to slow the baby making train down for now. 

4. GTKY: What are the nostalgic TV shows, toys or books that remind you of your childhood? 

All of the TGIF shows were my favorites for sure. I loved to read Goosebumps, Babysitters' Club, and Sweet Valley Twins books. I mostly played with baby dolls and Barbies, but also vividly remember trying to collect all of these dumb McDonald's transformer toys:

• 2. TWW 3 days past IUI.

3.  Mostly feeling ok but I have been pretty emotional. Hormones do a number on me especially the trigger shot I did for the IUI. The shot unfortunately makes me bloated so definitely not a fun feeling. We went to a grad party for DH's cousin and there were two women there who had been at another grad party for the family exactly the same time last year and at the time they were both pregnant and my infertility struggles were in full swing. Now this year they each had a beautiful baby boy. I watched them from a distance chatting and sharing baby stories. It was pretty tough for me to witness this and here I was a year later, no baby, still struggling with IF and a loss as well. I got through it and DH was pretty supportive during my pity party-long rant over. For a rave we did pretty well in the relations category post IUI and the weather is spectacular!! I love sunshine :smile: 
    4. GTKY: I loved waking up Saturday mornings for cartoons. I'd pour myself a bowl of cereal and start  watching the cartoon line up. I'd look foward to that all week. As for books- baby sitters club and sweet valley twins and sweet valley high. Also- the best of all time: Are you there God? It's me Margaret. I think I read that book at least 5 times. 

@BornReady I'm sorry you're dealing with emotional swings. I understand, I'm totally the same way and it's not easy. Hang in there. I hope it passes quickly. 
    @SnobunnieMel- yay for O day!! GL for a couple more BD sessions. 

@catiecatp I'm sorry you and DH are going through a rough patch. Hugs to you. 

@reneeannemm what a gorgeous picture!!

@wishilivedinflorida I definitely have had cycles where DH in not so many words gave me a sign that he wasn't feeling it that cycle. I think they get burned out on the process.
     ****TW: Pregnancy, loss and children mentioned****
    Me (39) DH (40) 
    From my first marriage DD: 03/04 CP:01/06 DS:12/06 
    DH- no kids
    TTC: since 2/15, RE Consult 9/15
    IUI #1 10/15: Letrozole = BFN 
    IUI #2 11/15: Letrozole + trigger = BFN
    1/08/16: Surprise- BFP!!  2/16/16: MMC @10w 2days,  D&C: 2/17/16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI #3 5/27/16: Letrozole+trigger=BFN
    IUI #4 06/24/16: 7.5mg Letrozole+trigger= BFN
    IUI#5 08/24/16 Menopur+trigger = BFN
    IUI #6 09/19/16 5 mg Letrozole +Menopur + Trigger= BFN
    **10/2016: No more medicated cycles, TTCAL on our own**
    12/03/16: BFP!! EDD: 08/12/17 It's a girl!! 
    Eleni was born on 8/14/17!!
  • Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited May 2016
    2. WTO: CD7. Since both my cycles have been crazy post loss and I have no idea when I will ovulate anymore DH and I made the plan to start EOD starting CD14 until O. Might do more if opks turn positive but since they never do for me at least we will have all our bases covered.

3. Coming home from our little weekend up north today and it was very nice. Weather cooperated, enjoyed lake time, wine tasting and yummy food. Prob will bbq later tonight.

4. I was a totally Tom boy growing up so loved teenage mutant turtles, Ghostbusters but also liked carebears, teddy ruxpin, my little pony. I had a pee wee Herman will which I wish I still had because I've heard it's worth a lot of money now.
  • @SnobunnieMel Good luck with BDing! I know what you mean by burn-out. We nearly did right around my O time this month. We "caught up", but I still hope that our previous BDing still helped us out that one day my H couldn't quite perform.

@catiecatp Good luck on your job interview tomorrow!

@wishilivedinflorida - I'd forgotten about those toys! I had the ice cream cone and the hamburger. I wonder where my mom stored/donated them.

@reneeannemm - Beautiful photo!

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): TWW; I'd say I'm 3DPO or so... more or less. 

3. Rants/raves: I don't actually have a lot to report. Life is pretty much same old, same old. We celebrated our friends' birthday the other night and then had a game night at another friends' (the birthday girl was tired and wanted to head home early). Gotta love time spent with buds. 

4. GTKY: What are the nostalgic TV shows, toys or books that remind you of your childhood? I'm a 90's girl, as apparent by my age. :smile: I grew up being a tomboy and adoring TMNT, Power Rangers, and basically anything to do with video games. I dedicated many hours to playing Sonic the Hedghog 2 and Mario on various Nintendo consoles. I read Goosebumps, although I also enjoyed the American Girl books as well. I had Samantha and a doll that looked just like me!
  • chloe97chloe97 member
    2.) Benched for the summer
    3.) We had a crazy weekend of weddings. Guys, that wedding we went to last night had to have cost more than my mortgage and possibly DH's condo mortgage (he rents it out) combined. It was insane. We didn't actually eat until 11:30. I got my hair and makeup done and I'm glad I did because 1.) it made me feel super glamourous and happy 2.) most of the other females guests obviously had gotten theirs done as well so I may have stuck out if I hadn't.

We are going to meet a puppy tonight. I mentioned this on the MC/L board, but I'm afraid we are jumping to the puppy route too soon as our last loss. It's an obvious attempt to try to heal ourselves after a MC by adding a family member. I remember my aunt saying her grief counselor told her not to make any major decisions for a year after my uncle passed away. Are we making a decision about a dog too fast?

GTKY Babysitters Club all the way! I'm so old, I started reading the series from the VERY beginning. I think I stopped around book 70 or so. Stacey was always my favorite character. My bff and I used to analyze every BSC book.

@catiecatp I'm so sorry you continue to have relationship issues. Good luck on your interview!

@reneeannemm Ummmmm you narrowly escaped a cult? If you're willing to tell more of that story, I'd love to hear it. 

@roxgibbons Sorry about the hormones. I hope IUI works out for you this cycle!!

@bornready I totally know what you mean about feeling a good ovulation cycle. I hope you get your good egg this cycle!

@wishilivedinflorida Sorry about DH being sick! -2 and -3 are still good though!!!

@snobunniemel Yay for ovulation day!!
  • edited May 2016
    @chloe97 Haha, it's both as dramatic and less so than it sounds. 

TW abuse etc

My mother converted to being a Jehovah's Witness when I was four. I remember the day, I remember her opening the door and I remember the couple and their young girl standing there. I spent my childhood 'happily' preparing to die if I needed a blood transfusion, irritating unsuspecting people in their homes on Saturday mornings, preparing for the imminent end of the world (wouldn't be later than 2014 they'd say unofficially) and being an angel who never did anything I wasn't supposed to do. My mom did the same for the most part - except she was experiencing flashbacks to an extremely abusive childhood and needed counselling. JWs do not really allow you to get counselling, though how strict is quite regional. She slowly lost her mind while no one helped us, except to say pray harder. In my late teens, while figuring out I was bisexual (not allowed), I woke up to her watching me while I sleep, which coincided with escalating abuse. I packed a bag, moved in with a neighbour and ran away from the whole thing, never looking back since. I've seen my mother twice since that day: once by accident the day I decided to move to Montreal and once because my extended family set me up. JWs also shun, so it's all fairly complicated. She kept me away from my aunts and uncles and I was an only child, so I really lost everything when I left. I spent my early twenties in counselling working through all that, though the lack of family is something that haunts me.
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• chloe97chloe97 member
    Oh wow @reneeannemm I'm so sorry that you've had to go through all of that. What an intense childhood and how awful that you can't even see aunts or uncles or cousins.
  • MissPrint1219MissPrint1219 member
    edited May 2016
    2. TWW - CD27, 11ish dpo. FRER negative today and feeling a bit crampy, so my hopes are not high, though I did have a strange dream last night that my mom's nose fell off and I couldn't get it back on right. Was really hoping that was a hormone dream...

3. No specific rants or raves, but I am starting to feel like this whole process is becoming one big blur, if that makes sense. I was trying to remember how long after ovulation I got BFPs in the past and realized I don't have a freaking clue. All the dates and numbers and stats are just jumbled together in my brain. I wonder if I should keep better track of my cycles and write stuff down, but I know how I get, and I'm honestly afraid of becoming a chart & graph obsessed freak who thinks only of baby-making things. 

4. I'm am 80s baby, so pretty much anything from that era. I'm pretty sure I know the words to every top 40 80s song by heart. Family Ties, Cosby Show, Babysitters Club, She-Ra, Fraggle Rock....excuse me while I go in search of some jelly sandals and a can of Rave...
    “Be present in all things and thankful for all things.”  ~Maya Angelou

~~~~ TW ~~~~~~

Me: 40    DH: 39
    Married 12.19.13
    BFP #1 1/14, MC 2/14 (6wks)
    BFP #2 1/15, MMC/D&C 3/15 (12wks)
    BFP #3 6/15, MC 8/15 (9wks)
    BFP #4 4/16, MC 4/16 (5wks)
    BFP #5 7/16, MMC 8/16 (10 wks)
    BFP #6 3/4 , EDD 11/9/17
  • Oh @reneeannemm I am so sorry that this happened to you, it must have been so hard to survive this. I admire your strength and thanks for sharing this with is so that we can get to know you better and understand what you are going through.

I am benched. I benched myself until after my test results, that now I have, and I am waiting to have my appointment with the OBGYN next week. Tomorrow I have an appointment with the internal medicine Doctor to follow up my vertigo. My husband also needs to do his test this week to have it ready for the OBGYN.

3. Rants/raves:
    Rant. I had a very emotional FW feeling awful for the "lost opportunity" since we are not trying this cycle. I am better now.
    Rave. It has been really good to take my vacations now and use this time to properly recover. It also helps that my mom flew in to be with me and help me, as my DH was so busy at work. Next week I will have to go back to work... I will try to start doing some work at home, I hope they let me.

I know some of the shows you mentioned! (Growing up in Peru) I am also an 80s kid so they sound so familiar: smurfs, my little pony, small wonder, family ties, etc! I also loved he-man and she-ra, had the action figures and all! My favourite would be the thunder cats! Hoooooo!!!!
    Married 06.21.14 / TTC since 11.15 /
    BFP 01.03.2016 / MMC 6w5d D&C 02.2016 // BFP 05.06.16 / natural MC 05.12.16
    Benched 06.2016-08.2016 / TTC again 09.2016! On a diet. Cranky.
    BFP 10.02.2016 / NT scan at 12w looked normal / Anatomy scan at 20w everything ok
    Team blue! / EDD June 11th 2017
    DAVID ROGER was born on May 23rd at 37 weeks.

Architect, Peruvian living in Chile. I love art, opera and good chocolate.
    Started PhD studies in Architecture on 2017.
    Fur mom of a rescued miniature poodle called Luke Skywalker.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • shae86shae86 member
    1. Hi ladies, I'll reintroduce myself since I haven't participated in nearly 2 months: I started TTC in December 2015 and got a BFP in early January. Then in February I had a MMC (thought I was 10 weeks, but growth stopped at 6.5). I'm 29 and DH is 34, and we've been married for 7 years. 

2. Status: WTO. It feels weird to type that. After the loss, I felt certain that I didn't want to try again until August. I don't know why I set that weird restriction for myself. But the past few weeks have gotten increasingly harder for me to wait. Today DH and I went to Disneyland, and I felt like something was missing. I've felt that quite often lately. I said, "I want a kid." It was a quick conversation that ended with DH saying, "Let's try." So it looks like we're taking the leap, which is both terrifying and exciting.

I've had 2 regular cycles since the MC, and am currently on CD 28. 

3. Rants/Raves: All the feelings that go along with deciding to TTC again. Wow. Here comes the roller coaster. 

4. GTKY: Full House was always on when I was growing up, and I still tune in to the reruns whenever it's on. (I may have gotten choked up the first time I watched Fuller House.) I was also Barbie-obsessed, and LOVED watching TGIF on Friday nights. I wish that ABC would re-air the original lineup just once on a Friday night. It would be amazing. 

@reneeannemm That is intense. I'm glad you were able to break free from that life, but I'm so sorry that it came at the cost of your relationship with your mom. What a hard but respectable decision you had to make. 

@catiecatp Sorry to hear about your relationship issues. DH and I went to marital counseling after one year. As scary as it was to take that first step to go, it really, really helped. I'd recommend it to anyone. Good luck. 

@Wishilivedinflorida I totally remember those McDonalds toys! I also loved when they'd do Barbie/Hot Wheels Happy Meals. I had a collection of the miniature Barbies. 

@chloe97 Just want to say I've been lurking during the weeks I was quiet here, and I've kept you in my thoughts throughout this difficult time. I was so sad to see you back here. I think it might vary depending on the person when it comes to introducing a new pet. Personally, I would be open to it. But I'm biased because my fur-babies are the light of my life. Good luck with whatever you decide!

About me *TW*
    Me: 29, DH: 34
    TTC 12/2015
    BFP #1: 1/05/16, MMC 2/17/16 (10 wks)
    BFP #2: 7/13/16, EDD 3/21/16
  • @chloe97 Congrats on looking at the dog, so exciting! As a dog person myself, I might be bias, but I'd say if you want one go for it. In my own life I feel like I never regret getting things that positively add to my life and my capacity to love. I know plenty of people who wouldn't have survived the many traumas of life if it wasn't for having to get out of bed to feed their cat, walk their dog etc.

As far as the major decisions thing... I take that more like don't file for divorce, sell your house, quit your job type of stuff. But I don't necessarily subscribe to that sort of idea. I think grief sometimes makes us see things in a clearer way and reevaluate what's important, and can lead to making some great decisions. 
  • 2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): WTO: CD 15

3. Rants/raves: Had a good long weekend with my family and am awaiting O day, which should come late this week or weekend.  I'm nervous about getting our timing in with everything else going on, but we'll see how it goes.  Also, both looking forward to and regretting my birthday (and EDD) on Monday.  Hoping I can have a good weekend and may take Monday off.

4. GTKY: What are the nostalgic TV shows, toys or books that remind you of your childhood?  I read a lot of the boxcar children series.  Also, a combined “Nancy Drew and Hardy Boys Supermystery” series.  I loved playing with “Little People” with my sister, and my Barbie collection as well.  Also, Full House, David the Gnome, CareBears, etc.

@SnobunnieMel Love your pep talks with your ovaries!  I feel like I need to do this.  J Also, choose your own adventure books were great!  Although I always ended up dead or grounded or caught…

@catiecatp Sorry things are still rough with your DH.  Hopefully you guys can make some headway soon!  Also, had a discussion recently with coworkers about how “The Price is Right” is what we watched nonstop when we were home sick from school. 

@WishILivedInFlorida I totally remember those toys!  Definitely had several of those. 

@Chloe97 I can’t tell you if a puppy is right for you guys right now in your situation.  But I know I’ve struggled with depression since my miscarriage in October.  It got better earlier this year, but with each cycle that passes with no BFP I’ve gotten more and more depressed (especially with my EDD next week).  So, my DH got me a dog I’d always wanted as an early birthday present and it has definitely helped me out tremendously.  I still get sad about TTCAL, and I know he doesn’t replace my baby, but I love my puppy so much and find so much comfort in him. 

MC #1: D&C Oct 23, 2015 (7.5 weeks)
    MC #2: July 1, 2016 (5.5 weeks)
    MC #3: October 17, 2016 (CP)
    RE #1: RPL testing November 2016-January 2017
    MC #4: Feb. 28, 2017 (CP)
    RE #2: Additional RPL testing March-November 2017
    MC #5: January 2019 (6.5 weeks)

RE #3: More testing 2023. 
    Egg Retrieval Sept/Oct 2023, 2 good embryos after PGT-A testing.
    Surgery for endometriosis January 2024
    Lupron Depo March 2024.  Benched 3 months.  Hopefully FET after that.

#BitterHagPartyOf1

• 1. intro sorta  hi everyone. I had a blighted ovum and miscarried with cytotec March 11th. My dr benched me 3 months and I gladly took the time off so, I wasn't active for awhile after that. 

2. we burned the bench and I stopped the mini pill. Today is CD 1. Officially WTO. 

3. rant: I have cold feet. I'm TERRIFIED to TTC. However, I know nothing will happen if I don't jump back on the horse, or penis. So I guess I need to get my shit together and get the fear in check. How do you even do that?  Part of me wants to run back to my birth control pills screaming and the other half is day dreaming of being pregnant and it actually working out this time. And that is the yo-yo I'm dealing with. 

Rave- um...it's all rants. My pedicure looks good though. 

4. I'm so going to reveal my age. Childhood favorites include : Clarissa Explains it all, Are you afraid of the Dark, ahhh real monsters, legends of the hidden temple, Beanie babies, giga pets, hair wraps, Lisa frank, early 90s stuff :)
  • 1. Introduce yourself (if you're new):

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): WTO/TWW - blending them since I just triggered last night and started the TTC BD schedule over the weekend. I guess I will most likely O tomorrow morning.

3. Rants/raves: I had a great weekend with friends celebrating the start of summer and a few birthdays (mine included).

4. GTKY: What are the nostalgic TV shows, toys or books that remind you of your childhood? So many great memories on this thread. I am the youngest of four and the only girl, so while my mom wanted me to be girly and feminine, I had a lot of male influence and ended up with a good mix. I loved to play army guys and build forts and skateboard, but I also loved to play with my baby dolls and Barbies. I loved to read and consumed lots of Sweet Valley Twins/High books, Encyclopedia Brown, and Nancy Drew, among others. Saturday morning cartoons were the jam - and loved my after-school programs: Facts of Life, Family Ties, Different Strokes, etc!

Me: 40, DH: 35 / Married: 2009; TTC #1: 2013

2013 - 2015: 5 pregnancies —> 5 miscarriages

TTCAL with RE (RPL specialist): February 2016

2016: 3 medicated TI cycles —> 3 medicated IUI cycles: All BFN

Donor Egg IVF Transfer: May 1, 2017

May 11, 2017: BFP!! Beta #1: 449.1, Beta #2: 844, Beta #3: 1714

EDD: 1/17/18, it's a GIRL!  <3 E. L. A. born 12/7/2017

• There are going to be so many of us testing within a few days of each other this month. Let's do this!!
  • There are going to be so many of us testing within a few days of each other this month. Let's do this!!
    Seriously! Memorial Day weekend babies all around, I'll put that into the universe to make it happen!
  • 2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): TWW probably around 6-7 dpo but not tracking or charting this cycle. 

3. Rants/raves: I know most of you saw that we had to put our sweet kitty to sleep on Thursday. It was one of the toughest things I've had to do. But I had the long weekend off and kept myself busy with family events. I had a good time with my nieces on my side and my DH's side swimming, boating, and making fairy gardens. It was a really nice distraction. 

4. GTKY: What are the nostalgic TV shows, toys or books that remind you of your childhood? I loved shows like Salute Your Shorts, Clarissa Explains it All, Sabrina, I also loved the Flintstones, and Jetsons to name a few. 

Miss far as books go, when I was little is used to read a book series about a girl named Mandi that my grandma would buy for me (that's my first name), The Mouse and the Motorcycle, The Indian in the Cupboard, etc. When I was a little older I loved reading the Goosebumps books and The Witches, The Chocolate Touch, etc. 

Just writing about these books makes me want to go back and read them again!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @iceandsnowflakes29 I know how you feel about being afraid to TTC. I basically had to go to my OB last week to talk me off the ledge and tell me it will be okay and that I'm really okay to try. Also nice to tell me that I will be more closely monitored next time I'm KU because I'll be a nervous wreck. 

I love all the things that you mentioned- nickelodeon was awesome when we were kids, now it seems like a bunch of crap. I always had lisa frank folders in my trapper keeper ;) The fashion was also amazing with the big sweatshirts over leggings or stirrup pants, holed jeans with colored tights underneath and double rolled socks in neon colors. Tie dye and puffy paint! 
  • Aera11Aera11 member
    edited May 2016
    2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.):  WTO -- I go in Friday for a CD14 ultrasound and if enough follicles are large enough, I will get a shot to prompt O.  I have never qualified for one because I O later (on a 35 day cycle) and still have gotten pregnant without it...so I do not expect to get one on Friday.

3. Rants/raves:  Well I am supposed to be on vacation right now but I am not.  We are going to Savannah/HHI for a wedding DH is in this weekend but I cannot go till after my doctors appointment Friday.  I asked if I could skip and they said no...so here I am.  I am trying to not be annoyed but I think it's frustrating because I have to wait to go (DH leaves tomorrow) and I am sure they won't have any good news, so it'll be for nothing.  Just being negative...but that is what has always happened so why would this time be any different?  

I don't really drink but I am thinking there is a frozen drink of some kind waiting for me when I get there :)

4. GTKY: What are the nostalgic TV shows, toys or books that remind you of your childhood?  OMG @BornReady POPPLES!  I totally forgot about those.  I was definitely into the BSC, Full House, anything Lisa Frank.  My sister and I, along with some friends, used to trade our Lisa Frank folders and other knick knacks. I also went through a Keroppi (similar to Hello Kitty) phase.

@Chloe97 I am so glad you were able to enjoy the wedding and getting all dolled up!  I am a wedding/event planner and some of those budgets are insane.

@catiecatp I am so sorry you and DH are still going through this.  He won't even consider just going to a counselor once before he makes up his mind?  My DH was adamant about not going as well (pre-marital counseling forced by the church) but ended up liking it, so maybe if you can just get him to try it once.

@roxygibbons sorry you're having such a hard time.  We went to a BBQ on Friday and it was all couples with babies.  We occasionally participated in their baby-filled convos and one couple even said, "you're so good with kids, when will you have some?"  I just smiled and said hopefully one day.  But I could literally feel my eyes welling up and so I got up and went inside.  The whole way home I kept wondering if that is what our life will be like if we are the 'couple without children'.  So I totally get how you feel.  

@reneeannemm wow.  Girl, you are brave!  Losing your family must be so difficult still.

@snobunniemel YES!  There will be a ton of us testing around the same time :) 

Edited because my brain thinks it's Monday and I can't spell.
  • edited May 2016
    @Aera11 When I need to be strong I kick life's ass. When I don't need to be, you can find me crying the corner. I'm tired, you know? It mostly isn't difficult; I'm a strange creature, but I know how to build community (which includes family and is more important to me) and I'm hoping DH and I get the chance to do so with a child.

I'm sorry for not responding more, I'm really not doing so well these days, but know I am cheering for all of you from the sidelines. 

Edit:

@chloe97 It's all right, my cousins are all pretty gross. In a lot of ways, my mother was able to break the cycle of abuse, which gave me a fair shot at life. I'm the only one in my family not consumed by their own past. I'm very close to my grandmother and talk to my favourite aunt, so that's enough for a lone wolf like me.
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16

• @reneeannemm that photo is beautiful. 
    @chloe97 i think a puppy can definitely help heal you and DH and refocus your energy until you ttc again. 
    @catiecatp i'm sorry you and DH are still having trouble. I hope he opens his mind to counselling and you can find a good compromise. 

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): TWW. Either 1 or 3 DPO, FF seems confused or maybe it's just me who is confused.

3. Rants/raves: rave- i had a great weekend at the beach with family and have a short work week this week. 

rant- i am starving non stop and want to eat everything in sight. make.it.stop.

4. GTKY: What are the nostalgic TV shows, toys or books that remind you of your childhood? you guys had so many great ones that brought me back but some of my favorites were TGIF line up, full house, saved by the bell, fraggle rock. 

i loved the amelia bedelia books growing up. 
    TW*** Child and loss mentioned
    Married 10/12
    DS 11/14
    Ectopic 2/16
    PCOS/Ovulation Dysfunction 11/16
    IUI x 3- BFN
    Laparoscopy 3/17 Endo and tubal damage
    IVF- 4/17- 40 eggs retrieved, 10 blasts, 7 pgs tested embryos
    FET- 6/17- BFP!
    Due Feb 15, 2017
  • . Introduce yourself (if you're new):
    Hi - I'm Karen.. been on regular ttc boards and the loss board.. ttc again starting this month.

was benched for two cycles after the loss.. right now beginning the TWW after a positive o test yesterday ( and some bd all weekend and prob once tonight for good measure! lol)

3. Rants/raves: Beyond nervous and just worried about what the future holds. I am still grieving the loss of our lo at 17 weeks, but we are still moving ahead with our plans.

4. GTKY: What are the nostalgic TV shows, toys or books that remind you of your childhood? shows - punky brewster, 321 contact ( does anyone remember this? ), reading rainbow. Toys - speak and spell, barbies, my little ponies ( back when they looked like ponies) and monchichis/ popples :)

Me:35, DH 37  ~ Married July 2014
    ttc July 2015 ~ bfp Nov 2015 (cp)
    bfp Dec 2015 ~ (tfmr 17wk, March 2016, genetic disease)
    ttcal May 2016
  • Doing my best to catch up and chime in :)

2. Status: TTA for 3 more months tho DH might be being less careful (which is fine by me!), CD6

3. Rant/raves: Nothing to majorly rant or rave; I'm really just utterly exhausted. I have some chronic illnesses so I have to be careful to pace myself but I've just been in beast mode with painting the kitchen at our new place for the past four days!!! Trying to get it done before DH is back on Friday. I think I should have it all finished up tomorrow, including all the trim. But my body is HURTING and feeling drained but also like I just need to keep going. I don't always have such a good distraction, tho, so that part is nice. It also just has me more and more excited about finally getting to move in!!! It's kind of an oasis up there, so peaceful and serene.

I'm skipping GTKY because I'm pooped and need more food lol Going to try to muster up the energy to attend a local acoustic jam; I play ukulele and love to sing :)

• Sorry I've been MIA.

catiecatp Good luck with your interview tomorrow.
    @reneeannemm I'm so sorry you went through all that. I have no words.
    @chloe97 I think you should go ahead with the puppy. We weren't going to get a dog until we had a house. But when I was losing my job we decided it was a good distraction for me and I'm so glad we did. I agree with @BornReady that although it is a big decision it's not like a divorce or anything like that.
    Aera11 I'm sorry you have to wait to join your DH on vacation.
    KarenBeth714  Sorry you are here but Welcome!

TWW AF due in 8 days didn't temp this month

3. Rants/raves: My friend's mom passed away Sunday. I've lost touch with her over the years but still care about her and her family. Her mom was like a second mom growing up. I feel a little bad about taking Thursday off for the funeral because it's month end (aka busy week) at work but they'll survive.

4. GTKY: What are the nostalgic TV shows, toys or books that remind you of your childhood? Like many of you I was a Babysitters' Club fan! I still watch reruns of Full House nightly. I played with Babies also.

***********************************************************************************************************************************
    ~Formerly @dogmomwantinghuman ~
    Me: 29 | DH: 31
    TTC #1 since January 2015
    BFP #1: 11/30/15| MC 12/16/15BFP # 2: 6/2/16 | EDD 2/16/17

• @catiecatp how did the interview go?
  • Aera11Aera11 member
    @reneeannemm I'm so impressed with your attitude towards it :) a lot of people would let a rough past define them and you don't.  I love that you're paving a new a path and life with your DH.  Thinking of you during this hard time and I hope you take extra good care of yourself right now.  Cook/bake/walk/snuggle your kitties/work your green thumb...or just sit and relax.  

@CoonMom aw thanks, it isn't so bad...just irritating.  I am a little excited to have the bed to myself for a few nights.  I am sure my fur baby is too...she likes to sleep on his pillow.

Welcome @KarenBeth714 :) 
  • @SnobunnieMel - so far so good - just a quick tour around the city so far in the car - tomorrow is the meeting with the president, VP academic success, the presentation and committee interview #2... 

I really love it here - I saw more of the surrounding area than the city itself, which is good because I'm not a big city girl. I like having amenities within driving distance but give me trees and a lake and I'm a happy lady. And there are so many trees in the area with the college. I am quite impressed with the area. Fingers crossed that tomorrow goes well and I have to make a decision about whether we would move here. 

Perhaps y'all could answer something for me - DH and I are wondering how hard it would be for him to find a job with a green card (I'm a US citizen so I'd sponsor his green card) - we're wondering if employers would select against him because he's not a citizen. It sounds like the economy is doing quite well here - which is great news. DH would be in banking or chemistry (yep, talk about broad eh?) and is considering going back to get his teaching certificate to teach high school. We can likely manage 6-12 months on just my income (longer if he is in school) but we'd need some sense that it would end there. The woman today gave me some confidence but I don't know how accurate it is... 
    ---TW BFP and MC mentioned - scroll down past the Lilo and Stitch gif to avoid ---

Pregnancy Ticker

• Usually as long as you have a green card and are legal to work they don't discriminate over someone natural born. Especially in that part of Texas. My husband is Canadian and we haven't had problems with him after getting his immigration card here
  • @SnobunnieMel - that's right, you said you were visiting Victoria awhile ago, makes sense if DH is Canadian. Thanks for info about hiring - do you or does anyone else know of good websites with information about green cards? I tried googling it but what I find seems to be confusing. I'd like to know what the general process is and an approximate timeline (are we talking 4-6 months? 12 months?)

Pregnancy Ticker

• We did ours without a lawyer. I can get the websites we used. Lots of forms and mailing in documents to support our marriage but over all not terrible. Took about 4-5 months total
  • @SnobunnieMel - that sounds a lot quicker than we were thinking - which is great. If the websites are easy to find then I'd love them (PM would work great) - but if not we can wait until we know IF we need them. 

Pregnancy Ticker

• 1.I already made a little intro post, but I'm Natalie. MMC 3/31, D&C 4/2, TTCAL 5/2016

2. Status (WTO, TWW, Benched, etc.): Still haven't started AF.... GRRR!! 

3. Rants/raves: Still waiting to start my period....
    :s Also got poison ivy from working in my yard... now I'm on prednisone feeling funky and itchy. 

4. GTKY: As you can see from my icon thingy, I love Rugrats (especially Chuckie). I still watch Spongebob and used to read a lot of Shel Silverstein when I was a kid. I'm still a kid at heart. I aim to be that way until I'm 90
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 4-25-2014
    TTC: March 2015
    BFP: 2-18-16
    Confirmed MMC: 3-31-16
    D&C: 4-2-16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI: 5/13/17-Femara and Trigger, POAS 5/27/17 BFP 5/27/17

BabyFruit Ticker
  • RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited June 2016
    @catiecatp the processing time varies depending on the backlog at USCIS and whether your application was complete without errors. Their website usually shows current processing times. We found all the forms on the USCIS website - there are a LOT of forms and a lot of fees. However, one thing to research is the residency requirements in each state. H and I moved states after we were married, and the state we moved to required us to reside there for 3 months before we could apply at all. From there it went quickly (3 months). We got a lawyer, and we're glad we did. We had some additional scrutiny (I think because I didn't change my name, but I can't be sure), and it was comforting to have a lawyer present and to know someone looked our application over with a fine tooth comb before submitting. We also got advice to bring a photo album as proof of the relationship, which was good - USCIS took multiple photos from our album for their files. 

Once your H has a green card, it shouldn't matter to an employer. They won't need to do anything differently to hire him than a US citizen (no sponsorships or anything), and he'll pay taxes like a US citizen. PM me if you want anymore information! 
  • @catiecatp My DH just got his greencard, he's from Germany and I'm American. He had a work visa before- he applied in December and we had our interview 2 weeks ago. He got a message that he should be receiving his card soon so the whole process took a little over 5 months. He is an engineer so even though he likes his job now he has other opportunities to change if he wants to.
  • Thanks @spartanrd4 and @riversong15 - it is great to hear from people who have gone through the process. Someone we know said it took her parents a year - and that got us scared - but I think the parents are also older so that may have played a role...

Pregnancy Ticker

• Welcome to the community @KarenBeth714 ...I hope your stay here is short! 

@catiecatp I was wondering about how your interview went! I'm glad you're liking the area and FX the rest of your interview goes well today! It sounds like a nice area. I've never been to Texas to visit, only airports for connecting flights. I hope to vacation there someday. 

@chloe97 If I'm not mistaken I think you said in one of the threads that you decided on the dog! DH and I considered getting either a dog or cat after our first loss, but we had just installed brand new carpet, and decided to wait. I wish many days I had a companion when I'm home alone and feeling down. I hope the new puppy gives you comfort. 

@nmd9168 Fx AF arrives soon. I was in your same boat not too long ago. I know how frustrating it is to wait. Also hope your itchiness abates soon. 

@reneeannemm I just wanted to send a hug to you. I can't imagine going through such a rough childhood. As a person of faith, it upsets me to no end to see sects that twist scripture and doctrine in a way that is clearly abusive and harmful. I'm so deeply saddenned to hear your story, but so proud of you to see that you rose above and are thriving now.