June 2016 Moms
Options

My hubby needs a junk punch!

So we are getting new flooring this week that my dad and brother are going to install for us. We have been talking about this since the beginning of the year and have decided that it was best to get it done before new baby. My dad told us in March that he would have time to do it beginning/middle of May and now my hubby is being a baby about it all saying it was forced upon him. He was there when the flooring was picked out, measured for, and ordered plus the original idea to do all laminate was his.  This is just a fat 36 week Preggo lady rant. Anyone else's hubby being a wiener lately?

Re: My hubby needs a junk punch!

• Options
    Mines sleeping soundly while I'm up with a nasty cough. This is more me whining, but it's pissing me off. He gets a good night sleep then a quiet day at the office, while I'm home sick with the kids. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Poor babies. 

Mine got a man cold and then was giving me guilt because I wasn't being considerate ... Because I wanted to go for a walk and he didn't want to wait in the car. 

And the one thing I've asked him to do for baby prep is read one specific book, which I got for him about 6 weeks ago. and each time I ask him about it he's pissy and has an excuse. 

Sorry bud but I don't give a single f*ck .... Not one. Read the book or you aren't going to want to know me when I go into labor and the one thing I asked you for isn't done. 

Ps - I think I'm getting his cold just in time for my baby shower.

double dick punch. 
  • Options
    Can I please jump on this bandwagon? My husband invited his mother to come stay with us over the 3 days that I am in the hospital after having a c-section. My delivery is scheduled for May 19th and she will be here the 19th-21st. Now, you might be thinking to yourself that this doesn't sound so awful, but it is. When I had my 1st child in 2014, she came a week after he was born and expected to be waited on hand and foot. We provided all meals, made her coffee every morning, basically had to entertain her the whole time she was visiting. She even complained about how she wanted to get out of the house and go shopping (basically saying that I needed to get off of my butt and take her somewhere -- a week postpartum and full of stitches!) 

Jump to 2016 and our second baby, and I was really really hoping for a much more peaceful delivery and a stricter visiting policy for family and friends. But no, mother-in-law is planning on coming and being up in the hospital room with us ALL DAY "to help out" while my parents stay at our house and watch our 2 year old. When my husband broke the news to me, I went full pregnant lady crazy and burst into tears. Is it so wrong that I would want a little time to heal and feel like myself again after surgery? And, call me crazy, but could I maybe have a teeny tiny bit of alone time with the new baby before being bombarded with a 24/7 visitor that won't leave and will expect to be treated as a guest?? 

Deep breath. End rant. Thanks for listening. 
  • Options
    xc1148xc1148 member
    Booooo. My DH is normally pretty good but for some reason he thought it would be a good idea to wake me up from a nap. On mother's day. At 31 weeks pregnant.

TTC since June 2011
    DH: perfect SA
    Me: 30, moderate endo, unexplained infertility
    IUI or IVF in December

• Options
    Can I please jump on this bandwagon? My husband invited his mother to come stay with us over the 3 days that I am in the hospital after having a c-section. My delivery is scheduled for May 19th and she will be here the 19th-21st. Now, you might be thinking to yourself that this doesn't sound so awful, but it is. When I had my 1st child in 2014, she came a week after he was born and expected to be waited on hand and foot. We provided all meals, made her coffee every morning, basically had to entertain her the whole time she was visiting. She even complained about how she wanted to get out of the house and go shopping (basically saying that I needed to get off of my butt and take her somewhere -- a week postpartum and full of stitches!) 

Jump to 2016 and our second baby, and I was really really hoping for a much more peaceful delivery and a stricter visiting policy for family and friends. But no, mother-in-law is planning on coming and being up in the hospital room with us ALL DAY "to help out" while my parents stay at our house and watch our 2 year old. When my husband broke the news to me, I went full pregnant lady crazy and burst into tears. Is it so wrong that I would want a little time to heal and feel like myself again after surgery? And, call me crazy, but could I maybe have a teeny tiny bit of alone time with the new baby before being bombarded with a 24/7 visitor that won't leave and will expect to be treated as a guest?? 

Oooooh!!! I don't blame you one bit!!! I'd be livid too! My in laws are in Texas, and mil is "planning" on staying for upwards of a month once baby is born. They won't get out here until a week or two after she's born, but still. I want that time to learn how to do this parenting thing without my mil constantly hovering. It sucks, because I have a good relationship with her but I don't want to start resenting her for being here that long.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @sdLindenberg -- A whole month? I wish you all the luck and patience in the world! For me, a few days is enough, but it really depends on the person too. Hopefully your mother-in-law is the helpful, cooking and cleaning type of person. :) 
  • Options
    @jbailey213 she is, but I just want to be able to be in my own house, looking like a hot mess with no pants on. I don't want to hear "oh, well he liked this when he was a baby, so she should too" or "I did this for him when he was little"... I get that grandparents get excited over new babies, but seriously... Lol. I also always feel the need to ignore things that I want to do when we have his parents in town, and I'm not sure im willing to give up things this time. Plus, I want to be the first to experience certain events with my child with it being JUST baby, DH and I.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jbailey213 she is, but I just want to be able to be in my own house, looking like a hot mess with no pants on. I don't want to hear "oh, well he liked this when he was a baby, so she should too" or "I did this for him when he was little"... I get that grandparents get excited over new babies, but seriously... Lol. I also always feel the need to ignore things that I want to do when we have his parents in town, and I'm not sure im willing to give up things this time. Plus, I want to be the first to experience certain events with my child with it being JUST baby, DH and I.
    I completely understand. I hope you can find a way to enjoy those first few weeks/months without too much unwanted advice or interference! And you go right ahead and look like a hot mess if you want to! Sweatpants (or no pants) - it's your house, you do what you need to! Maybe she will take a hint and give you a little space after she sees you lounging half clothed. Haha! 
  • Options
    Tawny87Tawny87 member

That sucks! I feel for all you ladies with incoming in laws. Thankfully both of our families live in town! My mom will be staying with me for a week the end of June though because my hubby has to go on a business trip.
  • Options
    Mines sleeping soundly while I'm up with a nasty cough. This is more me whining, but it's pissing me off. He gets a good night sleep then a quiet day at the office, while I'm home sick with the kids. 
    I feel you on this one. I just got some antibiotics for a type of bacterial bronchitis, but the last week has been nothing but me waking up every few hours from coughing while H is sound asleep. It's not his fault, but it does make me irritated so I get it. Hope you feel better soon! 
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker

• Options

This makes me mad!!
    yes you can have 24 hours. 

My suggestion - talk to the nurses privately and let them know the circumstances. They may be able to impose "visiting hours" due to your recovery. birth partner/spouse only outside of visiting hours. 

Good luck and enjoy your new baby :smile: 
  • Options

We have my sister and mother coming to visit the week the baby is born....due on the 20th they already have flights for the 25th (there were some great deals) and my H is pissed he wanted no one to visit for a month BUT this is also his second baby and his family is somewhat dysfunctional, he goes a year without talking to his mother....where on my side this is my mothers first grandchild like I could keep her at bay for a hole month. ....so best case I go on time or early and we have a week before they descend on our little home or baby comes late and they are in my personal space while trying to deliver...... not a hubby complaint but a comment related to the visiting relatives.

for the Hubby part, he was supposed to be out of town for 4 days this week, so I talked to him on the drive home from work yesterday he confirmed it may be extended so I walk in the front door and he is already home, great right don't have to spend too many nights alone, NOT!!!! he hid on the stairs and I screamed and almost peed my pants, how is that a smart move to do to a 34 week pregnant lady.....this is the second time in a week he has scared the crap out of me....I swear he's trying to make the baby arrive early. ..... in all seriousness he is doing it a joke, he's not being mean just stupid.

• Options
    My darling asshole H held up a pair of my maternity undies and said 'boy, can't wait until you're done with these chubby undies'....... I'm going to be 37 weeks tomorrow, nothing on me is slim but do you really have to remind me?!? 
  • Options
    @huskypuppy14  - I have already given up getting him to tell her no at this point. He feels like he can't tell her no because 'She just wants to be involved and she lives 4 hours away so she rarely gets to see her grandkids.' However, I have flat out told him that he should not expect me to tolerate any of her nonsense. The minute I am done having her around in the hospital, I will tell both of them to take a hike (yes, my husband can leave too). I said at this point I would rather be in the hospital room alone with new baby and have them leave so he can babysit his mother. I know that sounds awful of me, but that is how stressed out his mom makes me. So, I will enjoy those precious first snuggles while my husband caters to his mother and misses out. 

Disclaimer: I don't want anyone to think my husband is a total pile of crap. He actually is a wonderful husband and father. He is just incapable of telling his mother no and I don't know why, especially in this circumstance. His family has a very odd dynamic and they aren't close at all - which makes it more confusing. If they were super tight, I could see somewhat where the momma's boy stuff comes from. But we maybe see her three times per year so I don't get where the catering to her every wish comes to play. 
  • Options
    My darling asshole H held up a pair of my maternity undies and said 'boy, can't wait until you're done with these chubby undies'....... I'm going to be 37 weeks tomorrow, nothing on me is slim but do you really have to remind me?!? 
    Oh my gosh...my husband has definitely made comments about my roundness lately, but has yet to comment on my preggo panties. That's daring! 
  • Options
    ^ Exactly.  This applies to all edibles
  • Options
    So apparently my body decided to be like REALLY pregnant today and I swear I just got every symptom thrown at me. Fiancé and I work together and I was having a really hard time walking to the end of the barn due to my lack of being able to breathe. I know he was only joking, and if I wasn't feeling so horrible this would have made me laugh... BUT..
    me: if this is anything like labour, I quit.
    him: my dad gave me some advice once: stop being a baby and grow a pair.
    me: I'm going to cut your pair off if you don't watch your damn mouth. 
  • Options
    Oh my gosh...my husband has definitely made comments about my roundness lately, but has yet to comment on my preggo panties. That's daring! 
    I wear mostly stretchy lace thongs (sounds uncomfortable, but they are the most comfortable to me right now because they don't roll down the belly) and my husband asked me if I'm even wearing underwear because they virtually disappear underneath my baby gut... He hasn't seen me without pants since them. 
    TTC#1 since May 2011

BFP #1 June 2011 m/c@6wks

BFP #2 December 2011, EDD 8/21/12, born 7/21/12 at 35w4d

BFP #3 October 6, 2015. WHAT???

• Options
    Omg all of u ladies are really helping me to feel better about my dingle berry of a husband getting on my nerves so much lately!
    He has recently been laid off from the oilfield which it has been lovely having him around more instead of only every other week but having him home so much now and only wanting to play his video games instead of picking up the slack around the house and with our 5 yr old is really about to piss me the f*** off!!
  • Options
    KyleeWallerKyleeWaller member
    edited May 2016

Edited to add: I'm lurking from May. 

Agh! This makes me mad for you! 

The hospital I'm delivering at has "visiting hours" that mothers can use at their discretion in order to recover and bond with their new baby. I would definitely suggest checking if this is an option in your situation. 

The fact that you were reduced to tears by the mere thought of seeing your MIL should tell your husband it isn't appropriate for her to be in your recovery room all day. If at all possible, I would ask him to talk to her about sticking to a more reasonable amount of time spent in your room. Assure her that there will be nurses to help you out if you have a question, and you would like her role to be that of a visiting grandmother, as opposed to someone who is there to help out.

However, I get the impression that If your MIL does end up showing up with the intent to stay all day, she might be the type of the person who gets bored sitting in one place for too long and will leave to mill around the gift shop or grab lunch. As a last resort, you can always have the nurses ask her to leave if you and your DH ask and she refuses. 
  • Options
    I'm slowly coming to terms with her visiting and how I plan on dealing with it. I have told my husband that if I need to have some time alone after surgery, or am tired of having a constant visitor in the room, I will suggest that he takes her somewhere. It stinks that this will limit his time in the room with us, but I hope it helps him understand my true feelings on this. There is no need to have anyone's mother (mine included) in the room with us the entire time because we need time to bond with baby and just enjoy her. And, maybe take a nap after surgery, who knows! 
  • Options
    I have a scheduled c-section for this Wednesday, and requested my husband take a week off from work to watch our 3 other kids. (Other deliveries he only got off a day or so, but he has a job right now where he can take a week off without issue.)

So you know what the idiot did? He took off a week starting before the baby will even be here!!!! I meant a week starting when baby is born, obviously. So I'm making him watch the kids while I relax, since the whole purpose of the week was supposed to be to spend time with the kids. And he'd better do it without complaining!
  • Options
    aoliveira0726aoliveira0726 member
    edited May 2016
    I have to bring this thread back to life. DH is bitching about having to spray paint something for the baby's room that I've been asking him to do for three weeks, although it's been on the project roadmap for MUCH longer. It's not my fault that he decided to procrastinate and now is doing it on one of the first 90+ degree days we've had this summer, but he's a big whiny mess. I'm about to go apeshit. I'm sorry you have to use a can of spray paint. Try carrying a human around in your body for 40 weeks. FFS.
    This!! So much this!!! I love my husband but getting him to do projects for her room that should have been done months ago is like pulling teeth!! He started a cloud light 7 months ago that still isn't finished. I did a bumch of Pinterest projects within a month of finding out it was a girl. He wanted two projects he could say he did for her which was her mobile and her cloud light. I ended up having to finish the mobile cuz he would spend 15 minutes doing something and then be like "im bored..." And go play a video game. I keep telling him to finish the cloud light and he just keeps telling me he'll get to it. Ive already had to put a significant amount of work into the light as well. Shes coming in two weeks!!! I want her room done!! Finish the shit you start or dont do it at all!!

edited for spelling 
  • Options
    Exactly!!! After some words yesterday, he got it done and then some (fixed the bathroom outlet that's been broken for 6 months, cleaned up the garage a bit, shirred up a gutter that had disconnected). Guess he was feeling guilty for being a lazy bum. Hopefully I can get him to keep this momentum up for a few days (ha!).
    DH + Me 12/2011
    DD 3/2012
    Baby on the way June 2016 :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    vulpinivulpini member
    Our rocking chair left over from our first son has been needing wood glue in two places where it's starting to come apart since March.  MARCH.  My husband asked me to make a to-do list for him.  I put it up on the fridge back in March. The bottle of wood glue has been sitting on the kitchen counter since April. "Glue rocking chair" is still on the to-do list.  Baby is a week and a half old and I'm nursing in a broken chair every night.

Although, his record so far for finishing a project is the baseboards when we put in our flooring.  That one took about 4 years until he eventually just hired a guy to do them.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Yikes!! These make me cringe! My mother will be staying with us the 2nd week. She'll help me with my toddler.. She is extremely helpful and cooks and cleans!! I'll rent her out if you'd like. She can be overbearing sometimes.. But mostly she's trained!! Lol! Anywho, I know this is a good problem to have.. But my husband is nesting more than I am! It's driving me nuts! Stop moving the furniture around! 
  • Options
    Dh earned this tonight. He refused to eat dinner (something we've eaten many times) because it wasn't what he wanted. Now it's 9:30 and he's complaining that he's hungry and I never think of him or what he wants. He's also complaining because he spent way too much money and I told him we can't afford take out in this weeks budget, and I'm getting very close to loosing it.
    I wish he would cut me some slack sometimes! I feel like crap and I still cooked for the family! If you don't like it go eat a PbJ sandwich or something. Argh

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Dh earned this tonight. He refused to eat dinner (something we've eaten many times) because it wasn't what he wanted. Now it's 9:30 and he's complaining that he's hungry and I never think of him or what he wants. He's also complaining because he spent way too much money and I told him we can't afford take out in this weeks budget, and I'm getting very close to loosing it.
    I wish he would cut me some slack sometimes! I feel like crap and I still cooked for the family! If you don't like it go eat a PbJ sandwich or something. Argh
    Oh my!!! I would so lose it!
  • Options
    My hubby just told me it would be convenient for him if I could wait for the weekend to have this baby. Um what part of the 3 days shy of 40 weeks has been convenient for me??? I literally threw up bile in the sink this morning so believe me I will not be "thinking of what is convenient for him" when I have this baby, as if it is even a possibility of deciding when labor will start.
  • Options
    Omg I should not have even opened this thread. I'm halfway laughing because all these stories suck so bad and it's funny because it's not me- super sorry ladies. Then I'm halfway crying because I wish I could bitch with you all about something stupid my hubby is doing but no he's too busy being deployed and keeping America free.
  • Options
    Omg I should not have even opened this thread. I'm halfway laughing because all these stories suck so bad and it's funny because it's not me- super sorry ladies. Then I'm halfway crying because I wish I could bitch with you all about something stupid my hubby is doing but no he's too busy being deployed and keeping America free.
    That sounds like as good a reason for a junk punch as any other. I hope you have a support system lined up to help you out while he's gone.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::