February 2016 Moms

Rolling Rolling Rolling

kinnonamkinnonam member
edited May 2016 in February 2016 Moms
So my LO is officially rolling from back to belly from belly to back he is on the move. I thought it was on accident until he kept doing it. Now I'm trying to figure out how to contain him. His pack n play just seems so big for someone so small idk how are you ladies containing the little tornadoes 

Re: Rolling Rolling Rolling

• We aren't doing anything to contain our little guy (he started rolling almost a month ago). We just let him roll around on the floor. The most we have done is baby gates by our stairs but those have been up for all other kids so that's nothing new.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• @SarahChristine12 no stairs over here just an overly excited doggie waiting to get her licks in lol 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'd contain the dog before I'd contain the growing/learning baby ;) We let DD1 roll all over the house. She started to get some serious precision and could roll all the way across the house to get to get toys! 

• How old is rolling typical? My little guy is 3 months and my older son had rolled by now.  He is showing no signs of movement, lol. He still does the awkward turtle/ superman during tummy time (you know, all four limbs off the ground and resting on his belly).  
  • @charliegoldengirl I think most babies roll by 3 months, from what my doctor said. Mine hasn't rolled yet either. He hates tummy time, but we've been told to get him on his tummy more often now to make sure he stays on track. She wasn't *worried* about the lack of rolling, but did say it usually would be happening by now.
  • From my obsessive googling/worrying, it looks like 4 months is average but they don't really start worrying until 6 months:

https://www.babycenter.com/0_baby-milestone-rolling-over_6504.bc

• My little one time went belly to back . She currently is really trying to go back to belly but she gets "stuck" with her last shoulder . She really tries and gets really mad when she can't . I'm sure it will be soon she's been trying for a few weeks with this same result . She will be 16 weeks tomorrow (born three weeks early)
  • dem068adem068a member
    Jack just rolled from back to belly for the first time yesterday (he is 3 months today).  He scoots himself across the floor and tries to crawl!  I need to watch him because he will be laying there and then fling his body over and start moving!
  • Our little one has been going belly to back for quite a while now and is trying so hard to get from back to belly. Super grunts and all. She is 14 weeks 2 days. But I agree with pp's, I wouldn't worry about no rolling yet. I have read everywhere, and from our dr, babies on average roll belly to back around 4 months, and 6 months for back to belly, so try not to worry until 6 months and keep going with that tummy time. Try with a boppy! To OP though, id try to let little one roll to their content, but if you have to contain baby rather than dog, I'd go with the pack and play. Stay close though. I understand your predicament though, our pup wants to badly to play when charlotte is on the ground. Good luck!
  • dem068adem068a member
    edited May 2016
    duplicate post!
  • Little man rolled belly to back today! He hadn't been showing many signs of being ready, but he's been ok on his side and hates tummy time. So when I was doing tummy time on his mat tonight and he started squirming onto his side and fussing I just let him continue a little while longer and he did it! He was so happy after! Daddy and I both got to see it too! This was him right after
  • @Kimbarbour08 Ellie rolled tonight, too, at exactly 15 weeks! It went down pretty much the same way as your little guy. My husband was excited because both of us saw it. I made her roll several more times to get a video for the grandparents and she was so confused at first about being on her belly and then real mad about it. But I'm relieved she finally did!
  • Little man finally rolled from belly to back yesterday! Yay!! He's almost there on the reverse.
  • Sarahbara60Sarahbara60 member
    edited May 2016
    Baby girl finally rolled from back to front yesterday after weeks of trying!  Now we put her down and she's automatically rolling over, it's so cute.  Still working on the front to back roll but only a matter of time...
  • To be honest, I've never really done tummy time with him. He spits up a lot as it is. He can hold himself up when I hold him on my hip and tries to stand when I hold him against my chest when I'm sitting. He's just my big boy, almost 4 months and already wears 9 month clothes, almost 18 lbs and ebf. He has so many rolls on rolls so I don't even know if he will be able to roll over anytime soon, according to the milestone schedules. Some kids are early, late or skip the milestones altogether