October 2016 Moms

Preserving Ultrasound Pics

I just wanted to share a tip that I found and used to help preserve the ultrasound pictures. My first son was born almost 2 years ago and his pictures are starting to discolor and get very dark. As I was googling, I found the idea to use nonthermal  (NO heat) laminating packets. I picked up a package at Wal-Mart and sealed all of the pictures last night. It was easy and now they are extra sturdy. There's no guarantee it is going to work, but I figured it was worth a shot!

Re: Preserving Ultrasound Pics

• Thank you for sharing!  I have pictures from when he was a 5 day old blastocyst! I see a trip to walmart in my future!
  • Good Idea!  My backup plan is to scan all the pics in and make a Shutterfly book of them.  I'm pretty high risk so I've already got 3 full scan sets of pics and about the same amount for the second half of pregnancy

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • blaf322blaf322 member
    Thanks for sharing!!
  • Mine from DS are digital, and his a/s ones still look good (but they stay locked in the fire box) but that is still a good idea, I'll have to look into that. I've got like 4 sets from baby girl with at least one more to go so I might end up scanning them and keeping them digital.
    BFP: July 2013 M/C August 5, 2013
    BFP: October 22, 2013 EDD: June 21, 2014
    Baby boy arrived June 23, 2014

BFP: February 2016 EDD: October 17, 2016
  • Good Idea!  My backup plan is to scan all the pics in and make a Shutterfly book of them.  I'm pretty high risk so I've already got 3 full scan sets of pics and about the same amount for the second half of pregnancy
    My first son's is also in a Shutterfly book as well! :)