August 2016 Moms
Options

UO

2»

Re: UO

• Options
    @SkiChic626 I hate giving my one year old dd a bath also. She is fine having her hair washed and everything but she HATES getting out. It is so hard to get her out and dressed with her kicking and screaming. I even let her stay in there until the water is basically cold thinking she will want to get out but she doesn't.
  • Options
    @SkiChic626 My DD is the same way, she has a mental breakdown every time it's time to wash her hair. I don't get it either because she loves water, she will dump cups of water over her head when she's playing with her water table. I have to make bath time super quick. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @SkiChic626 My DD is the same way, she has a mental breakdown every time it's time to wash her hair. I don't get it either because she loves water, she will dump cups of water over her head when she's playing with her water table. I have to make bath time super quick. 
    SAAAAAAAME!  She LOOOOVES going to swim lessons an doesn't even get annoyed when they put her head under, and then she loves to run in the showers after - yet still, despises when it's time to wash her hair.  Yesterday DH was watering hanging plants and she put her head underneath when she saw the water dripping out the bottom.  Kill me because now she needed another bath, but why is that cool but not the real shower.  Ugh!
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• Options
    charmedlifex3charmedlifex3 member
    edited May 2016

I hate "hostess" gifts for hosting a shower.

I mean, I get it, it's a thoughtful way to say thank you, but every gift I've ever gotten for hosting was something I didn't want. Especially with multiple hosts, you want to gift the same thing... I know the gifter felt obligated, and honestly a thank you card would be much more welcome. Even gift cards can be dicey. My co worker just got a DD gift card from someone - she can't have anything there, she is on a strict diet to combat yeast over growth related to lyme disease. (She regifted it to me, with an explanation)

And yes, I have done hostess gifts for every shower I've had - because I felt obligated.

I feel the same about party favors... seriously, once you are past the goody bag / candy stage of children's birthday parties, favors are just clutter. Save your money! (somehow randomly we had favors at both my wedding and baby shower. I found this odd...)

• Options
    TMI...

Everyone talks about iron supplements messing up their digestive system and not being able to poop for days but that's the opposite for me. It's helped my digestion, my poops are more enjoyable, and my farts no longer smell like something died!!
  • Options
    @brunettebabe722 I would give anything for my farts to no longer smell like something died. Thank god we have two dogs and I blame them.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Allisun85 said:

I hate "hostess" gifts for hosting a shower.

I mean, I get it, it's a thoughtful way to say thank you, but every gift I've ever gotten for hosting was something I didn't want. Especially with multiple hosts, you want to gift the same thing... I know the gifter felt obligated, and honestly a thank you card would be much more welcome. Even gift cards can be dicey. My co worker just got a DD gift card from someone - she can't have anything there, she is on a strict diet to combat yeast over growth related to lyme disease. (She regifted it to me, with an explanation)

And yes, I have done hostess gifts for every shower I've had - because I felt obligated.

I feel the same about party favors... seriously, once you are past the goody bag / candy stage of children's birthday parties, favors are just clutter. Save your money! (somehow randomly we had favors at both my wedding and baby shower. I found this odd...)

I've never given nor received a hostess gift for any kind of shower other than a thank you card.  I never even knew this was a thing until I saw it talked about on posts on this board!
    DD  <3 6/15/2014
    Baby #2 due 8/11/2016

• Options
    when i have to drive the company car now, i have to back the seat because the other ladies are shorter than me and sit so close to the wheel and now with my growing baby girl i really have to push the seat back some more, i use it every other day.