December 2015 Moms
Options

What My Contractions Felt Like/Our Birth Stories (LOOK HERE BEFORE ASKING ABOUT CONTRACTIONS)

124»

Re: What My Contractions Felt Like/Our Birth Stories (LOOK HERE BEFORE ASKING ABOUT CONTRACTIONS)

• Options
    I had a 2nd degree (with a 5 pounder!) and I just remember twitching when they started to stitch me up so they reached over and pressed my "happy button" ( epidural button to administer more) but other than that I just felt the weird tugging of the stitches. @groovylocks I completely admire your strength at handling birth when you have such anxiety from being touched by strangers.
    Well i handled it. I didn't handle it well or even with dignity. But we got through it. Faces were kicked. People were sworn at. I know I wasn't their best or toughest patient. I can handle most pain well so being this unable to handle this was really humiliating for me but you know? I have my little sweet girl. I set out to accomplish something really hard and I did it successfully. And that's enough.
  • Options
    I wrote mine out better on my blog:

Www.ariellerene.wordpress.com
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's been little over a month since I've had my baby girl.
    Here's how it went down:
    D.15, 2015 @4:30A: woke up with a little bit of cramps. Nothing too crazy... I just rolled over and tried to go back to sleep.
    @5A: cramping wouldn't stop. Due date was in 2 days... could I be in labor? Began timing my "cramps"
    @6:15A: sent a text to my cousin (3 kids deep, I felt she would know) asking her if I should go to the hospital. She told me to call hospital first so I don't get sent back home.
    @6:30A: cramping pain increased. (I have PMDD so this pain was... tolerable.
    @7A: called hospital, they told me any pain or discomfort this late in my pregnancy was too risky and to head in. Just in case.
    @8A: showered, dressed and grabbed all our bags. Headed out to the hospital.
    @8:30A: arrived at hospital. Registration took a lifetime.
    @9:40A in a gown and attached to an IV.
    @10A: checked for dilation. 6cm and fully effaced. DEFINITELY IN LABOR.
    @10:15A: given antibiotics for group B strep
    @11A family starts arriving.
    @12P: Epidural is given. This event was probabky (in my opinion) the worst part of the entire birth of my daughter.. its like pinching a nerve on the inside if your spine. now my contractions are a lot more painful. But still tolerable.
    @2p:second dose of antibiotics is given and my water is broken
    @4p: nurse continues to check how dialated I am.
    @4:50p: I start feeling like I've been sitting on a metal bench for too long. I tell my nurse and she says we'll start pushing.
    @5P: start pushing.. only tiny pushes.
    @5:15p: doctor is summoned. But he has other plans... went to the doctors lounge.... @5:30P crowning...
    @6:22p: Zelda Gabrielle was born at 7lbs 8oz.
  • Options
    First time mom
    I was 38 weeks pregnant. I was getting for work and had just eaten breakfast. About 7 am I kept feeling like I was gonna have a bowel movement. I went on to work. I work at urgent care. I get to work and I continue to feel like I need to have a bowel movement. The PA I work for could tell something was wrong and I explained to her that I was having pains and felt like I need to poop haha. She said you may be having contractions and I was like nooo I'm fine. She finally made me sit down and she said I'm going to time your "pains". They were 3 minutes apart. She told me to call my dr. I call them and the lady says the nurse was busy and she would call me back. She called back a few mins later and told me I needed to go to the ER to get checked. So I tell everyone at work that I would be back soon and that I was fine and I just needed to get checked. I work about 20-25 minutes away from the hospital. So I drive there still having lots of pains and still thinking I wasn't having contractions haha. I called my husband and explain to him that they want me to get checked but I didn't think he needed to leave work because I thought I was ok. And he said umm no I'm coming to the hospital. I checked in at the hoapital and when they get me in a room it's about 10:30 am. The nurse checked me and I was 4cm dilated and she said yep your having a baby today! Imagine my surprise haha. I decided a long time ago I didn't want an epidural. But as my contractions got worse I told them I might want one. They gave me phenergan through my IV because I started throwing up with my contractions. It messed me up and kept making me pass out. I definitely didn't like that feeling and then on top of that I still continued to throw up. Next thing I know the nurse said it was time to  push. I was like do I not get epidural and she said nope it's to late. I was like ohhh noo haha. Luckily the phenergan had worn off my then. I started pushing at 2:40 pm and she was born at 4:07 pm. No epidural and no pain meds at all. All the pain was worth it!! And if I decide to have another one I still wouldn't get an epidural!
  • Options
    I did Hypno Birthing- My Braxton hicks were worse than contractions. I used the breathing exercises and listened to the audios. I had a smooth birthing experience. Also, I ended up having to get induced and then a c-section unexpectedly! The shakes were really bad, that was probably the worst part of it all. Other than that, it was a "no drama" "no big show" birth. If anyone is considering Hypno birthing, I highly recommend it!