February 2016 Moms

Fffc

It's been a while... Confess away

Re: Fffc

• I have a terrible cold. the toddler is asleep and the baby is finally napping... On my chest. The tissue box is too far away and out of my reach. I keep wiping my nose on my shirt
  • Loading the player...
  • Having a newborn is making me reconsider marrying my fiance. He says he wants to do more, but it feels like that's only going to happen if I make him. He says he wants to take a motn feeding, but he'll only do it if I make the bottle and sit it out for him and that's only happened once. He says he wants to change more diapers, but in the last week since he's said this, he's changed 3. I'm exhausted and making stupid mistakes at work because of it. I don't know how much longer I can keep this up.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • @mindy411 & @katieashley13 now I want chocolate in the worst way!! 

Dh is redoing our living room floor which I've wanted done forever but it's expensive and he isn't interacting with lo bc it's a ton of work so my confession is I want to have my cake and eat it to. I'm hurt he's not with us as much and not happy about the cost buttttt I really want the floor. I feel like a toddler :/ 
  • I am sick and tired of my husband working nights! I want him to find a job where he can work days and be home in the evenings with me and Zoey. He works all night then sleeps all day until it's time to go to work. Of course I work until 4:30, and then get the baby from the sitter and it's always just me taking care of her! I can't remember the last time he has changed a diaper, or fed her !!! I'm so thankful she is a good baby but I'm frustrated. Not to mention he is getting a vasectomy and knows I am against it. He has two boys with a previous marriage then we have our baby. He says he doesn't want any more children. I would like one more but doesn't look like that will happen. It hurts so bad because he is taking that chance away from me. Nothing I say makes him understand. Once he gets something in his mind he has to do it
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Today was my last day at my job. It has been a rough year there. I have been working as a reading tutor for a school. About 3 weeks ago, someone stole my word study kit that I used to tutor with. I paid about $100 for the kit and the supplies to put it together. Then this week I went to get my fan I let a teacher borrow and someone had stolen that too. It was taken out of a closet. It took all my will power not to tell all the bitches there to fu off!! 

But it now in home with my baby for good!! I still cried when I picked her up from her last day of daycare. They had put together a good-bye book of all the handprints of the babies in the infant room. We were lucky enough to find a daycare that was so amazing!
  • LO is 15 weeks and it still feels weird to say "my daughter." I mean, we tried for a year and a half so it wasn't any sort of surprise, but my mind still has trouble processing I'm a mom that has a daughter.
    Married: 8/25/12
    Started TTC: 1/1/14
    BFP: 6/1/15
    Baby Girl Athena Born: 2/7/16

• Having a newborn is making me reconsider marrying my fiance. He says he wants to do more, but it feels like that's only going to happen if I make him. He says he wants to take a motn feeding, but he'll only do it if I make the bottle and sit it out for him and that's only happened once. He says he wants to change more diapers, but in the last week since he's said this, he's changed 3. I'm exhausted and making stupid mistakes at work because of it. I don't know how much longer I can keep this up.
    I know the feeling. My fiancé and I have been bickering a lot lately. Tonight he said he wouldn't mind having another baby. I looked at him and said "have you lost your mind?!" And I reminded him that if he wants another one, he's going to have to pitch in a lot more before I even consider it. He got all pissy and said I act like he doesn't do antrhing, blah blah blah. We haven't spoken to one another for the last 4 hours. I am only one person and can't do everything. I take care of the dogs, dinner, cleaning up (he does a little bit), laundry, baby stuff, waking up on my days off and days I have to work to feed him while my fiancé sleeps. It's exhausting. He keeps bringing up how it seems like I'm fed up with him- well yeah, get your sh*t together please! I hope it gets better for the both of us! 
  • Today was my last day at my job. It has been a rough year there. I have been working as a reading tutor for a school. About 3 weeks ago, someone stole my word study kit that I used to tutor with. I paid about $100 for the kit and the supplies to put it together. Then this week I went to get my fan I let a teacher borrow and someone had stolen that too. It was taken out of a closet. It took all my will power not to tell all the bitches there to fu off!! 

But it now in home with my baby for good!! I still cried when I picked her up from her last day of daycare. They had put together a good-bye book of all the handprints of the babies in the infant room. We were lucky enough to find a daycare that was so amazing!
    Congrats! 
  • I feel like I'm not doing great at balancing two kids and I just don't know how to do any better. My 2 year old deserves a lot of attention that I don't have when my LO is EBFing, doesn't want to be put down, and is a terrible napper. I want to take her outside more but its such a challenge. Before it was too cold or too rainy and now it's too hot. And how do you chase/play with a 2yr old while you hold/take care/entertain/keep safe a baby who hates being in the carrier. Sooo on goes the TV.  :( 
  • It's been a really long week and DH has been sick, and super whiny about it, which has left me to take care of DD all week by myself, cook, clean etc.  So I left work early on Friday and went to a movie.  It was amazing!
  • Karen249 said:
    I feel like I'm not doing great at balancing two kids and I just don't know how to do any better. My 2 year old deserves a lot of attention that I don't have when my LO is EBFing, doesn't want to be put down, and is a terrible napper. I want to take her outside more but its such a challenge. Before it was too cold or too rainy and now it's too hot. And how do you chase/play with a 2yr old while you hold/take care/entertain/keep safe a baby who hates being in the carrier. Sooo on goes the TV.  :( 
    I feel this way too. Its so hard to handle the needs of a toddler while taking care of a baby. The baby definitely has to wait (and cries) more then he should :(. The struggle is real!!
  • VkrosaVkrosa member
    I hit my DHs car actually I backed into it with my car while H was in the passenger seat. I swear I didn't see it and yes I feel sorry since there is a BIG dent but honestly it's a car. Nobody got hurt and it still runs it just now has a dent. Is it bad that I'm not really hung up on it right now it's like shit happens? 
  • @Vkrosa I think it's totally fine! It's just a car! 
  • @robinj716 I told him that I was at the end of my rope through a text and when he got home he told me he was going to take over all weekend. That didn't happen, but one night of sleep really helped! I told him this morning that if he'll do one MOTN feeding, he doesn't even have to get up for the rest. 

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • g0lightly8706g0lightly8706 member
    edited May 2016
    i know it's tuesday but i need to vent and didn't want to start a new thread..
    my DH is annoying is the crap out of me because he's so worried about SIDS (thanks birth classes for making it seems like it happens to every baby) that he keeps on insisting she sleeps in her rock n play in our room. I keep telling him that she's clearly growing out of it and will be not fitting in it soon comfortably, yet he keeps on putting her in there for bedtime and not even trying her crib. and anytime i try to convince him to try her crib out for the night, he keeps mentioning SIDS.. i mean i get it, I'm worried too, but we don't have a big bed, and I'm a plus size girl so co-sleeping is not happening. so i don't really get what his plan is for when she grows out of her rock n play. it's pissing me off cause she totally sleeps thru the night and i would love to at least try her out in the crib. 

• @g0lightly8706 it's funny that he'd rather her sleep in an unapproved rock and play rather than a crib. Tell him the American Academy of Pediatrics recommends putting baby to sleep on her back on a firm mattress. The semi-reclined position of the RnP can restrict airflow. Airflow restriction = higher chance of SIDS.

Show him this article. https://www.candokiddo.com/news/rocknplay 
    thanks I'll definitely show him this article! hopefully it'll change his mind and we can finally try her crib tonight..

• I'm not a single mother, but sometimes I feel like one. My poor hubby is working 2 jobs to make ends meet, so of course when he's home he needs to rest! I know that. But it doesn't keep me from getting ragey when I have one million things to do and a baby who doesn't like to be put down and a husband who's snoring away. So then I get mad at him and mad at me for being mad at him. Fun times...

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Well, I finally got him to cave and try her crib, but now she's so used to the rock n play, she isn't digging it. I'm being persistent though, its been a rough couple nights but I know if we keep going back to the RnP she'll never get used to the crib.. 

• I'm not a single mother, but sometimes I feel like one. My poor hubby is working 2 jobs to make ends meet, so of course when he's home he needs to rest! I know that. But it doesn't keep me from getting ragey when I have one million things to do and a baby who doesn't like to be put down and a husband who's snoring away. So then I get mad at him and mad at me for being mad at him. Fun times...
    Girl I hear ya! I only work two days a week so I'm home all day with her most of the week. It's so hard trying to give him some time to relax after working all day but also giving us a breather from LO so we don't go mental. Props to all single parents. I don't know how my mom or dad did it after they divorced!