January 2017 Moms

What did you eat today?

I thought it would be fun to hear what everyone has been eating!!

Breakfast:

Lunch:

Dinner:

Snacks:

Re: What did you eat today?

• Vivi20Vivi20 member
    Breakfast: Toast with butter
    Lunch: Spinach, arugula, avocado, and chicken quinoa balls
    Snack: banana

That's all I've ate today. No appetite.
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSave
  • Breakfast: homemade fruit and spinach smoothie, Cheerios ancient grains 

Lunch: whole grain peanut butter toast, Apple with peanut butter, orange 

Dinner: TBD

Snacks: multigrain Cheerios, grapes, pimento cheese on whole stone wheat crackers, popcorn, Popsicle 

I am literally hungry all the time. I'll eat a snack and 5 minutes later I feel like I haven't eaten a thing. And feeling hungry is usually what sets off what little nausea I get. This is much preferable to all day nausea and vomiting for sure, however I am running out of ideas for healthy snacks and I miss feeling full. I feel like all I do is think about when I get to eat again. I have PCOS so I have a higher risk of gestational diabetes and excessive weight gain - so I am trying really hard to not over eat but the struggle is real. 
    TW: MMC
    BFP1 12/24/14 - EDD 09/07/15 (D/C 8w1d)
    BFP2 6/12/15 - EDD 2/22/16 (D/C 10w3d)
    ———
    Diagnoses and Treatments
    PCOS (myo-inositol, excercize)
    Indeterminant levels of APS IgM antibodies (baby aspirin)
    Sub-septate uterus (hysteroscopic septoplasty 12/18/15)
    ———
    BFP3 05/02/16 EDD 01/09/17 DS born 01/05/17
    BFP4 01/28/19 EDD 10/?/19 🤞🙏

• Loading the player...
  • SO... the day before yesterday's meal consisted of Oatmeal, McDonald's, and Sushi. I thought I would start this thread in hopes to be inspired by all you mama's also to stay accountable and not eat that junk food deliciousness more then once a week. Pre pregnancy my meals were pretty similar to yesterday's meal.

Breakfast
    :

Brown sugar instant Quaker Oatmeal, decaf coffee, large glass of warm water.

Lunch:

Warm quinoa, mixed greens and edamame beans.
    Left over California rolls and miso soup

Dinner:

Tofu steak with Quinoa and soy sauce, roasted sweet potatoe 

Snack:

1 whole watermelon, 3 peachs, handful of roasted mixed nuts, salted seaweed.
  • @ceclarlinetlo try hummus and crackers, or cold celery and roasted peanut butter I'm sure you and I will be inspired after hearing everyone's snack ideas :)
  • nan814nan814 member
    Breakfast: Nothing

Lunch: Spaghetti and meatballs from noodles & company

Dinner: Nothing yet, we're grilling.

Snacks: I had some graham crackers. I know had something else but cannot remember what it was for the life of me.
    DD1: 6.22.04
    DD2: 9.22.06
    DS1: Born too soon, 19w3d 1.28.14
    DS2: 3.5.15
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Nini422Nini422 member
    edited May 2016
    Breakfast: Oatmeal with fresh strawberries and blueberries

Lunch: peanut butter/banana smoothie and peanut butter/jelly sandwich

Dinner: tbd

Snacks: almond granola chia seed cluster with almond milk 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • zdmd_14zdmd_14 member
    Breakfast:
    a little granola and milk. Not as much as I would usually eat. 

Lunch:
    lentils and a pear--seperately. Couldn't stomach anything else 

Dinner:
    really small taco bowl--ground beef, spinach, avacado, sour cream and cheese

Snack: 
    a couple of spoons of PB (what I eat when I'm too nauseous for anything else)
    a KIND bar
    string cheese
    donut (it was in the work room and I can't resist)
    DD1 (2008) DD2 (2010), #3 (DH's first bio kid) on the way in January 2017!
    Almost always mobile bumping--forgive my typos. :)
  • LOL. I can't eat B/L/D like a normal person  :'(  my food habits are sort of like a child right now, I think. My morning sickness is wayyyy better since this weekend with the doubled meds but I'm still not able to eat much at a time 

b'fast 1 (the moment I opened my eyes) a handful of teddy grahams
    b'fast 2- 1/2 bagel toasted with almost no cream cheese
    snack- handful of grapes
    lunch 1&2- a pb&j sandwich (half first and then the other half a couple hours later)
    snack- like 5 potato chips and a couple grapes
    other snack- a little watermelon
    dinner- a little bowl of mac & cheese with frozen peas (@cjs260 was it you who reminded me of this favorite last week? Whoever it was- thank you!!) 
    next snack will be a couple triscuits and a little watermelon and hopefully I'll go to bed early? 

I just want a burgerrrrr  :'(
  • cjs260cjs260 member
    @TinaBelcher Yeah, I think that was me. Totally my dinner, too, in an attempt to force myself to eat some veggies. Yay for helping you remember! 

Breakfast: 2 whole wheat club crackers

Lunch: Half a bowl of tortellini tomato soup 

Dinner: Veggie mac and cheese 

Snacks: Peppermints, I had a hand full of cheez-its at one point

Not even the sprite H brought home for me tastes good. Ugh. I'm really trying to make an effort to eat something of nutritional value, but it's hard just to force myself to eat anything. 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• mars724mars724 member
    everything is gross to me, except pizza..... DH just went to get me some. 

I need to start making my own veggie pizzas at home if this is how I'm gonna be. lol
    Married 07/2011 <3
    ID Twin girls 04/2012 <3<3
    Baby #3 Due Jan. 2017  <3

• MylittaMylitta member
    I'll play. I have an issue that I forget to eat, or tell myself I will later. It's apprently continuing despite being hungry often. I'm good at telling my stomach to shut up... it's not really healthy. Also no MS to blame anything on. I've been hungry all day (minus breakfast) 

Breakfast: leftovers. Garlic lemon pepper chicken and some rice

Lunch: a couple crackers and some alouette spread (like 6)

Dinner:  Ravioli with avacado oil and romano cheese. Mmmm.

Snacks: an apple, a muscle milk, a low sodium v8
  • Breakfast: oatmeal and oj

lunch: leftovers -chicken, green beans, pineapple 

Dinner: 6 inch turkey sub from Subway with doritos. Cupcake for my friend's birthday 

snack: trail mix packet of almonds, peanuts and craisins 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    MC #1 January 2013
    DS born 4/06/14
    MC #2 August 2015
    CP November 2015
    MC#3 January 2016
    BFP 5/11/16  EDD 1/19/17
  • @ceclarlinetlo - I'm totally with you! I feel like I'm never full! My stomach is growling 5 minutes after I eat! Trying to eat healthy snacks so this doesn't get out of control!!

Breakfast- smoothie with berries, spinach, banana, flax/chia seeds, yogurt, almond milk and orange juice

Lunch - Italian sub from Tom+Chee ( I had a weak moment :/

Dinner- lean pocket 

Snacks - don't judge, there are a lot....Belvita breakfast crackers, organic fruit snacks, granola bar, sugar free Popsicle, hard boiled egg, sargento protein pack, nuts 

and lots of water :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I woke up today and felt like I hadn't eaten in 10 years! So, excuse my carb'd out diet today :)

Breakfast: Bagel toasted w/ butter 
    Snack: Granola bar & smoothie (peanut butter banana) 
    Lunch: Carrots and ranch, Turkey sandwich w/ Avocado, left over beef stroganoff, and some laughing cow cheese (These were all small portions.. I went a little crazy to not too cray cray here) 
    Snack: Hubs and I went to Loco Partol (Local Restaurant/bar) and I had 2 tacos for Taco Tuesday

Then, the morning sickness that i've been avoiding this entire time hit and I haven't eating anything since. OR, I could have just eaten too much and feel sick. I'd like to think it's just the first one so I don't feel as bad :) 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pumpkin Spice Gone to Far| Jan '17 September Siggy Challenge

• canavaracanavara member
    edited May 2016
    @ceclarlinetlo try hummus and crackers, or cold celery and roasted peanut butter I'm sure you and I will be inspired after hearing everyone's snack ideas :)
    Hummus and chips has been my savior while traveling abroad this pregnancy when it comes to getting iron! I can't stomach most meat, there are laws here that ban iron-fortified foods, my prenatals only have like 11% of the daily RDA, and spinach is only served raw here and makes me gag, so hummus is like one of the only sources of iron I can get my hands on. I know some people poo-poo on it because of the risk of listeria but seriously... protein and ironnnnn.

ETA: I'm so jealous of everyone's diets here. I can't wait to be back home and eating like a normal healthy human being again instead of going to the grocery store and finding nothing but weird cold pasta salads with soggy chicken and peas mixed in :| Just thinking about it makes me want to gag.
  • Breakfast:

(I eat my breakfast in two phases. part 1 at 6am, part 2 at 8-9am)
    Part 1 - 1 slice of whole-grain bread, fried egg, and avocado slices. With a cup of milk.

Part 2 - Probiotic smoothy (fruit, chia seeds, flax seeds, vitamins, plain low-fat yogurt, cocoanut water, fish oil, and acidophilus.)

Lunch:

Chicken breast, quinoa, and a salad with almond-milk-ranch

Dinner:

(no dinner yet. But I'm feeling like chicken tacos! )

Snacks:

Snack 1 - Hummus and crackers

Snack 2 - Apple and almond peanut butter

<3 * Happily married August, 23rd, 2014 * <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • mars724 said:
    everything is gross to me, except pizza..... DH just went to get me some. 

I need to start making my own veggie pizzas at home if this is how I'm gonna be. lol

Pizza is my weakness! I tried a recipe the other day that is really good. it's Peta bread pizza and it is delicious. I have tried many other "healthy pizza" recipes and they just don't cut it, I usually end up throwing it away and ordering some Papa Johns. But this one is pretty good! I had it for dinner last night. :)

Pete bread (crust, Pesto sauce (replaces tomato sauce), and spinach with any other veggies you like!(I do cherry tomatoes, mushrooms, red onions, and bell peppers) sprinkle on a little bit of cheese and garlic salt.

Bake at 400 degrees for roughly 15-20 minutes.

Mmmmm yummy!!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I miss food! I'm so hungry, but I'm incredibly nauseous and gag/throw up basically until 6:00 pm every day. 

breakfast: a few bites of plain oatmeal (lost it)

snack: a carrot sounded good (lost it)

lunch: half a toasted bagel with butter (lost it)

dinner: bowl of rice with stir fried veggies (haven't lost it yet). 
  • Breakfast: Apple and Cinnamon oatmeal (made me gag)

Lunch: McDonald's McChicken and a cheeseburger

Snack: One apple and five triscuts with laughing cow cheese

Dinner: Homemade waffles, bacon, and snack size pickles

Hummus is usually one of my favorite snacks but even thinking about it now makes me gag. I'm pretty much all about the carbs right now. When I do feel hungry, I can't think of anything that I actually want to eat and then I become even more irritable.
  • mjolkmjolk member
    I am such a healthy eater!... well, was. Sweets make me sick now. I also mostly want pizza.

I'm having trouble adjusting. I normally don't eat much but eat a large dinner. It is giving me heartburn! :(  I figure it is good practice, with a baby I don't foresee time for big dinners for awhile.
    -----
    TW: Loss
    EDD: 1/14/2017 : Blighted Ovum : D&C @ 10w6d

• Everyone sounds so well balanced! (Gulp) Well here goes:

Breakfast: Peach, shredded wheat cereal with milk and chopped organic strawberries, blueberry muffin

Lunch: Cheese and Turkey enchiladas and sour cream...I might of had 2 full servings of this. Lots of protein and calcium! :D  

Snacks: Oh boy, peanut butter and saltines, cherries, toast, half a peanut butter sandwich, a glass of milk, a pickle, maybe a few other things that I can't remember now :D 

Dinner: Veggie sushi and a kale, red bell pepper, purple cabbage salad

Dessert: just under a half a slice of almond cake. 

Pre-preggy I was a SUGAR FANATIC and now I don't crave sweets at all! The cake I had yesterday was the first sweets I've had in a month. Which is crazy because I used to love coffee and biscotti first thing in the morning, now the thought of either one makes me gag! 

Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Ummm... It's been pretty disordered today honestly. I had some of a leftover crockpot chicken meal earlier (it tastes like the inside of a chicken pot pie!). Later I had Campbell's chicken and stars soup to go and a slice of my banana nut muffin cake thing that I made earlier. So yeah, not great, but if it stays down  I'll be a happy camper. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Breakfast - birthday cake (coworker)
    Lunch - Flautas and a soda (think Peruvian toquito drenched with sour cream, cheese and avacodo goodness)
    Dinner - Friends are taking us to dinner :)

I haven't snacked all day.  

BabyFruit Ticker

• Today my tummy feels odd. Not quite nausea....

Morning snack:
    Almond butter with an apple and coffee

Breakfast:
    Whole grain toast with fried egg and 1oz shredded sharp cheddar and red onion, with glass of milk

Midday snack:
    Hummus and pretzels

lunch/dinner
    (I had an odd craving for subway..) carved turkey sandwich on flat  read jalapeño kettle chips

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @canavara "and mine comes out like the spawn of satan or something, demanding more pigeon hearts or whatever neutral "

You totally made my day! Hilarious
  • Wow! You guys are eating so healthy! Right now I'm going with "if it doesn't make me want to hurl, eat it'. Breakfast: a scrambled egg. First snack: a banana. Second snack: applesauce. Third snack (lunch?) a bag of baby carrots. Dinner: half a cheese burger. Dessert: watermelon. And this is a HUGE success of a food day for me. Sometimes I only manage potato soup and teddy grahams.
  • Jos726Jos726 member
    I'm with you @BAJDesigns !  I barely ate anything today. I had half an egg and cheese sandwich on a sesame bagel but then the bagel was making me too thirsty so I just ate the egg and cheese. Then I had leftover mac & cheese for lunch. I had a nectarine. And for dinner I had a popsicle and some Triscuit crackers with some mango lemonade.  And I am bloated and I feel so full and not hungry whatsoever. Ick I hate when I have days like this because I feel bad for not eating much but I just feel so full!

Oh yea, I did have half of a Dairy Queen royal oreo blizzard which might be why I'm so full...that with the mac & cheese may be too much dairy for my stomach? lol all I know is that the DH made me chicken quesadillas for dinner and I looked at them and almost threw up and ate the popsicle instead, whoops.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Wow what a day of MS! I totally took advantage of the day off work and laid in bed and watched tv all day. 

Breakfast:

1. My lovely husband got in the routine to bring me 2 p&b sandwich to bed

Lunch:

1. 1 cup of white rice with margarine and salt
    2. Veggie patty with a teaspoon of BBQ sauce

Dinner:

1. A medium salad, lettuce, shredded carrots, shredded purple cabbage, 2 teaspoons of Italian dressing
    2. Half of a veggie samosa

Snacks:

1. 2 small individual bags of tortilla cup chips
    2. 1 cup of salsa
    3. 1 glass of strawberry and banna juice
    4. 5 watermelon gummies
  • These are some great ideas! I have been so hungry all the time lately but then I get full very easily, a lot of small meals is what I've been doing to keep me from getting so hungry that I want to eat everything in sight! 

Breakfast:

My usual shake with a scoop of PB and half a banana

Lunch:
    Crab and Avocado Salad with some tortilla chips. My OB mentioned how much protein shellfish had so I figured I'd take advantage, and it's delicious

Dinner:
    Making Skinny Chicken Broccoli Alfredo with Spaghetti Squash, can't wait to see how it turns out!

Snacks:
    Fruit Salad consisting of pineapple, grapes, blueberries and watermelon
    Some amazing Cadbury dark chocolate mint filled things I found at the grocery store today during lunch (note to self... stop going while hungry AND pregnant!)
    BabyFetus Ticker