December 2016 Moms
Options

Bumpie of the Week 5.25 - zubenescamli

Congratulations on being selected as Bumpie of the Week! We look forward to getting to know you better below. Only answer questions that you feel comfortable answering.

What is your first name?

When is your due date?

What part of the world are you from (be as vague/specific as you want)?

What number baby/pregnancy is this for you?

What is your occupation or dream occupation?

Does your/will your nursery have a theme or color combination?

Have you bought anything for baby yet?

If you have bought things, what is your favorite thing that you have gotten so far?

What is your favorite part of pregnancy so far?

Do you have a favorite maternity/baby brand?

One thing you will splurge on this pregnancy?

What are your top pregnancy related priorities?

What is your favorite book?

What is your favorite tv show?

What is your favorite movie?

What is your favorite band/singer?

Anything else you would like us to know?

Me:27   H:30
Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
Trying to conceive since 01.2014
Low AFC and azoospermia
IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Bumpie of the Week 5.25 - zubenescamli

• Options
    bermp
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Love Rob Thomas annnnnd the Goldbergs!

Me:27   H:30
    Till death do us part: 7.2.2011
    Trying to conceive since 01.2014
    Low AFC and azoospermia
    IVF #1 03.2016 - BFP 03.28.2016
    Due: 12.05.2016

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Oh The Bachelor, Grey's, and OITNB - you're my tv soulmate. And man if you find a way to avoid back labor, let a girl in on your secret! That was WAY worse than front labor.
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~BFP 03/22/14 EDD 12/05/14~                       
    ~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Options
    @cayaylonglegs we saw Rob Thomas live acoustic in a small venue and he was ah-mah-zing!!!   
  • Options
    I also think lottery winner seems like something I'd be great at. Nice to meet you!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    beff12beff12 member
    I LOLed at being a great lottery winner. I think I'd excel at that too!

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    @LinziLoo09  back labor is a completely different animal and people don't recognize how hellish it is unless they've been through it. My contractions were basically continuous double peaking since they started so close together. I really think I could have gone without the epidural had I not had back labor.  
  • Options
    I agree @zubenescamali . When your water breaks up front, and you have back labor, there's no buffer for the pain. My contractions were 3-5 minutes apart for 22.5 hours. I started puking during them at hour 12. I don't even remember front labor, but the back killed me.
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Options
    +1 for back labor. People asked me how my labor went afterward and the only word I had was "sadistic"

I would LOVE to experience regular labor this time to feel the difference. Overlapping contractions, insane pain gripping your whole torso, stalled labor... oh yea. I think avoiding that would be quite lovely.
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Mother of an April '15 baby
    Due December 16
  • Options
    Oh, back labour :o  Wishing all of us "easy" front labour this time around!  Nice to meet you Courtney!
  • Options
    Oh yea, I had 'friends' brag about their unmedicated births after 6 hours of front labor only...and somehow I didn't murder them. I was unmedicated for double that time with double the pain, woman! SUCK IT! 

Can anyone tell that I'm still angsty about my labor experience?
    December '16 BMB

Baby #1                                                            

~Baby Z born 11/28/14~

Baby #2
    ~04/19/16 EDD 12/26/16~
    BabyFetus Ticker

SaveSaveSaveSave
  • Options
    @zubenescamali Love your taste in music! I am still bummed that I had awesome tickets to see MB20 back in college (years ago), but they had to cancel some stops that year and my city was one of them. I haven't been able to see them (or Rob) since. They're on my list, though!!

And yes to The Goldbergs! It is my absolutely favorite show on TV. It's so great seeing everything in the show, cos most of it was stuff we had growing up. Even my sister had Erica's bedspread, and my cousins, sister and I started playing Fireball Island at holidays when we get together.

Yes to Grey's too. I think some seasons I could be done, but I have to keep watching. I do miss the 2-hour season finales where I almost have a heart attack going on due to the "what is happening?!" moments.
    Me: 37 years old
    DH: 39 years old
    Married: October 17, 2014
    TTC Since: November 2015
    BFP: March 31, 2016
    DS: November 21, 2016

December'16 December Siggy Challenge: Elf on the Shelf Fails **winner**

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hello fellow bumpie of the week! 90s music FTW. Also let me know if you find the meds that prevent back labor because that hurt like a mofo.

Nice to meet you!
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    nice to meet all of you too!  here's to all of us having 6 hour or less of normal, front only barely wincing contractions and all we do is sneeze and baby comes out.  :smiley: 
    anyone who goes more than a couple minutes with back labor without an epidural is a true rock star in my book!
    and the goldbergs, I love how they totally romanticize all the dorkiness of the 80s and make it look so cool again! like we all know how ridiculous we all looked back then, but watching it on TV makes us seem not so awkward after all. 
  • Options
    @zubenescamali, we have very similar stories in regards to our girls' births!  Both of mine were born on the 25th of the month (Oct and March) and were born at almost the same time as well... 1:54 and 1:56pm.  Although, if you ask me, they WERE born at the same time... the clock on the wall that I was starting at while pushing said 1:54 when DD2 made her appearance but apparently they had to go by the clock on the computer for her official time of birth.  I call that bull.  Lol. But yeah... I'm kinda hoping for another 25th baby this time, although it's not likely as I'm due 12/4.  11/25 would be great but I was overdue with both kiddos so I don't see that happening and 12/25 is just way too long to wait.

And I'm so with you on the movie thing.  I can't freaking stand watching the same movie more than once.  I'm the same way with books.  I've never read the same one twice.
    Me: 35 | Him: 35
    G born 10/25/12 | H born 3/25/14
    TTC#3 since 7/2015
    Early loss 12/2015 most likely due to low progesterone
    Began medicated cycles (Femara/Ovidrel/Endometrin) with TI 1/2016
    BFP 3/22, EDD 12/4/16 ~ It's a GIRL!

• Options
    @MamaWino that's so cool!!! I tease DD2 that she just wanted to be like her sister because she came 2 weeks early just to share the 23rd!  When I was pushing her out DH said, just wait a couple more minutes so they can have the same time too, lol, no way, I'm pushing this baby out now!  So you never know, you might have a nov 25 baby, it's not a crazy thought!  I thought I would go passed EDD too but every babe is different.
    it does make remembering their birthdays much easier.
  • Options
    @MamaWino that's so cool!!! I tease DD2 that she just wanted to be like her sister because she came 2 weeks early just to share the 23rd!  When I was pushing her out DH said, just wait a couple more minutes so they can have the same time too, lol, no way, I'm pushing this baby out now!  So you never know, you might have a nov 25 baby, it's not a crazy thought!  I thought I would go passed EDD too but every babe is different.
    it does make remembering their birthdays much easier.
    It definitely does! Here's hoping for a Nov 25 debut for baby #3! Lol. 
    Me: 35 | Him: 35
    G born 10/25/12 | H born 3/25/14
    TTC#3 since 7/2015
    Early loss 12/2015 most likely due to low progesterone
    Began medicated cycles (Femara/Ovidrel/Endometrin) with TI 1/2016
    BFP 3/22, EDD 12/4/16 ~ It's a GIRL!