August 2016 Moms

NBR: this week is killin me - let's vent!

i just need to vent. So if anyone else wants to vent, I think today is a great day for venting!

co-worker went on vacation for 2 weeks and I got her huge project dumped on me.
my office is transitioning software at the same time. And we have a 2 week seminar we are leading at the same time.
monday the school nurse called because my 8 year old had an accident at school and was too embarrassed to return to class, can someone pick him up?
tuesday the school nurse called because my 5 year old had a swollen eye (sinus infection) and needed to go home. Then because 5 year old was not on the bus home, the 8 year old thought his brother might have died. 
today the school psychologist emailed because my 8 year old wrote a letter to his teacher about being very angry and warning his teacher about his anger.

Come on people! Can I not make it to the last day of school. There is only 2 days left. Does it really need to be that hard??? 

Please let baby #3 be an easy kid! Please let me survive this week! 
Married - 4/7/07
Son #1- 2/15/08
Son #2- 8/18/10
Baby 3 due 8/8/16

Re: NBR: this week is killin me - let's vent!

• jacmkelleyjacmkelley member
    edited May 2016
    You poor thing!!! That is a LOT. I would be venting too. Sending happy, positive vibes your way! And easy baby vibes too! 
  • Ugh that sounds like an awful week!! I hope you can have a nice, relaxing long weekend, and vent away!

• Loading the player...
  • Sometimes all you need is a good vent session - so vent away :) 
  • That sounds like a horrible first of the week! Hopefully things get better soon, vent away!
  • Good luck girl! How stressful! Keep your head up...this too will end.  :)
  • oh gosh, thank goodness you have a long weekend coming up!
  • We just moved to a new state; Hubby started new job this week, but went in last week to fill out paperwork in the hopes that we would have insurance as soon as he started. He was told the insurance couldn't start til he actually started work, so I moved my appt with my new OB to next week. He has called the benefits hotline every day this week, but the paperwork says it is only staffed on Thursdays (WTF?!). So he has called today, repeatedly, and no one answers and no one will call him back. The person at the company itself who might be able to help is out today. I'm looking into whether our out of state insurance will work for my appt, whether I should pay out of pocket, or whether I should try to sign up for insurance on my own. I hate that insurance is now state-to-state. I can sign up again with the marketplace because we've moved, but it doesn't look like any of the plans offered cover the doc I want or the hospital I want, which the work plan would. I am so frustrated!!!! I will have insurance through my work, but I don't start til August, which is a little too late. At 30 weeks pregnant, I need freaking insurance!

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • @cait5413 dealing with insurance is one adult thing I can't stand. When DH started a new job his insurance didn't kick in until he was out of his 90 days. Maybe if you pay out of pocket for the appointment they can reimburse you for it once everything is straightened out and you prove that you were covered on the date of service.