July 2015 Moms

Father's Day!

What are you planning on getting daddy's for Father's Day? I need some help because so far I have no idea. 

Re: Father's Day!

• n3na94n3na94 member
    edited May 2016
    A photo book with pictures of your husband with your little one since the beginning of when your baby was little to now!?? That would be so cute! 
  • Our daughters Bday is the day before so I am planning a Father's Day weekend the week before. Couple massages on Saturday, family picnic and a dinner date ok Sunday and then for the actual fathers day we will probably have a BBQ and I got him a bunch of lil day to day knick knacks that he uses and a bunch of his favorite goodies. Kind of like a fathers survival kit. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm going to take a photo of Hazel holding a sign that reads, "I love Daddy" and frame it, plus buy him either a book to read to LO (dinosaurs are David's favorite) or a pizza stone (pizza is his favorite, lol).
  • AKOL0AKOL0 member
    I'm going to take a photo of Hazel holding a sign that reads, "I love Daddy" and frame it, plus buy him either a book to read to LO (dinosaurs are David's favorite) or a pizza stone (pizza is his favorite, lol).
    Such a cute idea. However, my husband is the photographer (actually has his degree in photography) and he would think my photos were poorly taken. Lol. I like the book idea. I could maybe find a personalize one. She already has a ton of dinosaur books already. It's the theme of her party. 
  • I bought a shirt for LO that says "happy first Father's Day daddy" and was going to put lo in it to surprise him. I'm hoping it will be here on time. And I think I'll get him a card and write him a letter and put in it. That's kind of our thing we write letters to each other. He's saved every card and letter I've wrote him. We aren't the kind of couple to make a big production of things like birthdays and holidays. That's just us though. 
  • n3na94n3na94 member
    AKOL0 said:
    I'm going to take a photo of Hazel holding a sign that reads, "I love Daddy" and frame it, plus buy him either a book to read to LO (dinosaurs are David's favorite) or a pizza stone (pizza is his favorite, lol).
    Such a cute idea. However, my husband is the photographer (actually has his degree in photography) and he would think my photos were poorly taken. Lol. I like the book idea. I could maybe find a personalize one. She already has a ton of dinosaur books already. It's the theme of her party. 
    AKOL0 said:
    Im sure he won't mind! What matters is it came out of love! :wink: 
  • I got his mother to send me some of DH's baby pictures, and I got a 3-photo frame. On the left is going to be his baby picture, on the right will be LO's, and in the middle will be a picture of him holding her.
    Read about my motherhood journey and more at http://hallidaynelson.com/
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

TTGP July Siggy Challenge: Summer Fails
  • n3na94n3na94 member
    kyrenora said:
    I got his mother to send me some of DH's baby pictures, and I got a 3-photo frame. On the left is going to be his baby picture, on the right will be LO's, and in the middle will be a picture of him holding her.
    I did something like that last year for my mom for Mother's Day. On one it was a picture of me and the other of my brother all when we were little and the middle was of my baby boy's sonogram picture! :blush: 
  • Baby will be wearing a onesie that says "I love you, Daddy! Happy 1st Father's Day!" from Carter's.  Too cute! And we are getting Daddy a World's Best Dad mug that has a picture of him and baby on it.
  • There is a book Thank you, God, for Daddy! which would make a cute Father's Day gift if that fits with your family's religious/spiritual framework. My husband's birthday is in November so our son gave that book to my husband on his birthday.  He actually kind of picked it out himself at the store and it was very sweet.

I'm still working on Father's Day....

• n3na94n3na94 member
    There is a book Thank you, God, for Daddy! which would make a cute Father's Day gift if that fits with your family's religious/spiritual framework. My husband's birthday is in November so our son gave that book to my husband on his birthday.  He actually kind of picked it out himself at the store and it was very sweet.

I'm still working on Father's Day....

I am definitely looking for this book! Thank you! 
  • I got him this book and a travel mug that says "#1 Dad" with pictures of Bubs on it. I also got him a new toiletry travel case, but that's not father's day specific, haha. DH travels a lot for work, so I figure he will appreciate the mug.