July 2015 Moms

Birthday party locations??

ok so I need to start planning her 1st birthday party but we live in FL and it is soooo super hot in July. So, trying to decide...beach pavilion or house party. No one wants to be outside unless there is water. Any other venue/location ideas???

Re: Birthday party locations??

• Ooh beach pavilion sounds good :) thats where we are having it. We are having 2 Bday parties. One of them at the house and one of them at the beach. You can try at the pool or at the park where there are plenty trees for shade. 
  • n3na94n3na94 member
    Beach pavilion sounds so cool!! Here in Md the county rents facilities so I rented one inside with air condition because last year my baby shower was in a pavilion outside and I was sweating and hot so that was in May, I'm sure July will be hot!! 
  • Loading the player...
  • That's great that you can get a facility with AC!! I think I'm going to do beach pavilion.
  • We're doing it at our house. We've got a lot of space, so this is where we do most of our family gatherings. We'll have the A/C on indoors, and outdoors we'll have cold beverages and a kiddie pool for the littles.
    Read about my motherhood journey and more at http://hallidaynelson.com/
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

TTGP July Siggy Challenge: Summer Fails
  • We're in Florida as well and doing it at our house. We'll set up the food on our covered back patio. We also agreed long ago that it would be way too hot in July to do it outdoors. When she's older we'll do pool parties but this year, bring on the AC!
    Anniversary 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @vineheart137 I'm trying to convince hubby to just have it at our house...the beach pavilions we like are all booked. I get so jealous of my friends with kids who have birthdays in Feb (or such) and have theses awesome outdoor or park parties. My son is a July baby too so we are approaching 7 years of scorching weather birthday lol.
  • n3na94n3na94 member
    edited May 2016
    Melis222 said:
    @vineheart137 I'm trying to convince hubby to just have it at our house...the beach pavilions we like are all booked. I get so jealous of my friends with kids who have birthdays in Feb (or such) and have theses awesome outdoor or park parties. My son is a July baby too so we are approaching 7 years of scorching weather birthday lol.
    lol it's honestly where you and your baby will be most comfortable, and where you will be able to enjoy it the most! :smile: . I'm in Md, and I thank God for a July baby because in February our highest temperature is like 45F and some years we have a blizzard lol  :D
  • n3na94 said:
    Melis222 said:
    @vineheart137 I'm trying to convince hubby to just have it at our house...the beach pavilions we like are all booked. I get so jealous of my friends with kids who have birthdays in Feb (or such) and have theses awesome outdoor or park parties. My son is a July baby too so we are approaching 7 years of scorching weather birthday lol.
    lol it's honestly where you and your baby will be most comfortable, and where you will be able to enjoy it the most! :smile: . I'm in Md, and I thank God for a July baby because in February our highest temperature is like 45F and some years we have a blizzard lol  :D
    I am SO JEALOUS of your February weather! I'm in MA where sometimes it'll get up to 35, but we're more likely to be in the teens or even below zero. Snow up here doesn't melt until like the end of March or beginning of May.
    Read about my motherhood journey and more at http://hallidaynelson.com/

TTGP July Siggy Challenge: Summer Fails
  • KAR8706KAR8706 member
    SO has a huge family reunion every year where we go camping, swimming and whatnot. t falls on LO's birthday so we are going to do it out there. It will be hot which is not fun but we're prepared for that. 
  • n3na94n3na94 member
    kyrenora said:
    n3na94 said:
    Melis222 said:
    I am SO JEALOUS of your February weather! I'm in MA where sometimes it'll get up to 35, but we're more likely to be in the teens or even below zero. Snow up here doesn't melt until like the end of March or beginning of May.
    Lol wow! We have I think one big blizzard this year for about 20 inches of snow but wow I can't imagine snow in May lol 
  • I'm in ontario canada so thank goodness my kids were all born when the weather is decent here and not freezing with 4 feet of snow!!  We have an April, a July and a August kids!  We will more then likely have a party at home because we will have our AC on and all of our food inside, while outside we have a covered patio and a big above ground pool so we will tell everyone to bring their swimsuits and have a pool party  and Lo is old enough this year to enjoy the pool!! 
  • I guess it all depends on where you live lol. February is beautiful here but summer is just scorching hot!
  • Still debating this too...July is hot up here too! But reserved a space at one of the regional parks here in Northern California. The space is right in between the zoo and a mini Disneyland type of place. We plan on having catered BBQ where they come and BBQ at the venue on demand. Then guests can go to the zoo and mini Disneyland as they please! We figured yes it'll be hot BUT worth it! 

Good luck! I would've loved to have it at our house but it just sold (really fast). So... Went with option 2

DS1 7/24/15

DS2 5/7/17

• Decided to just do house party