December 2016 Moms
Options

NIPT TESTING RESULTS

Re: NIPT TESTING RESULTS

• Options
    Still no results :(  I called my OB's office and now they're saying 1-2 weeks instead of 7 days.  Patience is not my strong point!!
  • Options
    Just curious what did your gender chart result say? 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My gender chart said girl! 
    Me: 29
    DH: 30
    Happily Ever After: 05-15-2015
    TTC since June 2015 
    BFP 3/21! - E.D.D. 11/28/16!

Pregnancy Ticker
    September Football Siggy

• Options
    Pregnancy hormone rant: my NIPT testing came back and while I am very thankful that everything came back normal, I am really upset that they did not test for the sex like I was promised a few times that they did!

Everyone is calling me back tomorrow to see if it was my doctor's fault or the lab's... But when I had gone in, the girl taking my blood had seen what was ordered and reassured me several times that yes, the Harmony that my Dr ordered tests for trisomys and the sex. I know i shouldn't be greedy and just be thankful for a healthy baby so far... But damn it,  I'm so upset!!! I just wanted what i paid for and was promised.

Rant over, someone please reassure me that I'm not just a brat. :( 
  • Options
    @mrsg2390you are not being a brat. they didn't come through with a service that was promised to you. they should give you the option to do the additional analysis, since I think the harmony test does test for it, but you have to request it.  some clerk probably forgot to check a box on the order form. it happens, but they should make it up to you.
  • Options
    @mrsg2390 you're definitely not a brat! I know you're probably over the moon excited that the baby is healthy, but expecting to find out the sex of the baby and then being told there was a mix up stinks. Id try to figure out who dropped the ball- esp if you're paying OOP. 
    TTC since June 2015 

Pregnancy Ticker
    September Football Siggy

• Options
    @JessCL congratulations!!!! Well at least your daughter will have a lot of protection as she gets older lol 
    TTC since June 2015 

Pregnancy Ticker
    September Football Siggy

• Options
    @mrsg2390 mine did the same thing. I'm super relieved my test came back normal, but I'm a little bummed it didn't test for the sex. 
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• Options
    cgss11cgss11 member
    I would be REALLY bummed out. But, I'm doing to the test pretty much specifically to find out the sex. I have a genetic issue that isn't tested for in this test, and only affects boys, so if we learn it's a boy, I will need to have an amnio. If it's a girl, I won't. 

I asked the girl at the lab a million times, but she didn't have the slightest clue what the test was even for, she just melts saying "I only draw the blood". So fingers crossed. Today will be 5 days so hopefully I hear soon. The thought of possibly having an amnio is stressing me more than having it actually done probably. 
  • Options
    Does anyone have a good list of all the different "brands" of NIPT tests out there? A quick Google search doesn't really bring up a comprehensive list. I know about Harmony, MaterniT21, Panorama, and Informaseq, but I wasn't sure if I was missing any.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
    Visit The Nest 
    Fur Baby Momma 4/2/2010
  • Options
    Does anyone have a good list of all the different "brands" of NIPT tests out there? A quick Google search doesn't really bring up a comprehensive list. I know about Harmony, MaterniT21, Panorama, and Informaseq, but I wasn't sure if I was missing any.
    @littlebirdie28 I got Infromaseq and got the results back in just a few days. BUT the very basic one doesn't test for XY chromosomes, you have to specify that you want the XY chromosomes tested
    Met DH - 9/2003
    Dating - 9/18/2012
    Married - 8/16/2014
    NTNP - 7/2014-5/2015 
    TTC #1 - 5/2015 (CP October @ 4w2d)
    *PCOS/Hypothyroid/Ectopic Kidney/High DHEA-S*
    HSG - All clear, ectopic kidney didn't affect uterus (yay!)
    CT Adrenal Scan - no tumors! :D
    SA - sperm count excellent, 2% Morphology
    March/April IUI scheduled -  surprise BFP w/ help of Progesterone - 3/18/2016
    Beta #1 @ 11dpo - 45.7 #2 @ 14dpo - 163 #3 @ 18dpo - 997 #4 @ 21dpo - 3799 :D
    EDD 12/1 based on O, 11/28 per Ob/Gyn (but he's wrong lol).

*TEAM BLUE!*

BabyFruit Ticker

Image result for funny i hate football memes

• Options
    Thanks, y'all! I felt bossy but I called my doctor and had them order the sex part of the testing, and luckily Harmony still has enough blood so I didn't have to re-draw. Should have the results relatively soon! The dr office probably thinks I'm crazy haha.

I'm super happy that the baby has no major issues as of now, but I am just so impatient and honestly didn't want to wait another month or two to find out! Guilty face.
  • Options
    So glad for you @cgss11.

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
  • Options
    Morgan400Morgan400 member
    edited May 2016
    @littlebirdie28 there is also verifi the one I did. Most you will pay is $99 if insurance does not cover, you can call them to confirm.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Morgan400 what lab did you use? My midwife also contracts with LabCorp and I think they only do Informaseq. I'm in NY if that helps. 

Anniversary
    Visit The Nest 
    Fur Baby Momma 4/2/2010
  • Options
    @littlebirdie28 They have used Quest for everything else, but not sure where they one got sent. This was the website they sent me to to get more info https://progenity.com/verifi-prenatal-test-progenity 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    sammyl1221sammyl1221 member
    edited May 2016
    So I'm curious for everyone who has heard back so far and did the Chinese gender chart.... How accurate was it?? Mine was right on the money with a girl. 
    TTC since June 2015 

Pregnancy Ticker
    September Football Siggy

• Options
    prb09003prb09003 member
    edited May 2016
  • Options
    @sammyl1221 My Chinese gender chart said Boy and happened to be correct. Guess I had a 50/50 chance! 
  • Options
    cgss11cgss11 member
    Chinese gender chart was right for me!
  • Options
    Gender chart was wrong for me :)
  • Options
    Just got back from the NT test (all good there), and I'm waiting for our NIPT results in about 8 business days (or less).  Whichever one they use, we'll be able to find out the sex too; I'm just not sure whether I want to know or not.

DH: 36⎹ Me: 36
    Married: Aug. 2005
    DS1: Born Oct. 2012
    DS2: Born Jun. 2014
  • Options
    Bahahaha!  I just revisited the Chinese gender chart... it was wrong for all three of my kids. 
    Me: 35 | Him: 35
    G born 10/25/12 | H born 3/25/14
    TTC#3 since 7/2015
    Early loss 12/2015 most likely due to low progesterone
    Began medicated cycles (Femara/Ovidrel/Endometrin) with TI 1/2016
    BFP 3/22, EDD 12/4/16 ~ It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    blood drawn yesterday for panorama, now the long wait...
  • Options
    I got my NIPT drawn yesterday and should have results by end of next week.  I asked to not find out gender because we aren't sure if we want to know.  If we do, I want it to be at the ultrasound when we are together and not a phone call from the doctor's office.
  • Options
    I still have no results. I had mine drawn early morning last tuesday - I am not sure whether to call and check or not? I am so worried!
  • Options
    lynnm2015 said:
    I still have no results. I had mine drawn early morning last tuesday - I am not sure whether to call and check or not? I am so worried!
    Don't worry! It can take 7-10 business days and there was a long holiday weekend! Just try to think positive thoughts. 
    TTC since June 2015 

Pregnancy Ticker
    September Football Siggy

• Options
    @cjt121413 Have fun with the gender reveal!!
  • Options
    Got mine this week.  Everything is low risk and we are still team green!  Hopefully no one will slip up and tell us.