TTC After a Loss

Let's talk about Preseed...

edited May 2016 in TTC After a Loss
Has anyone used this? I should start by saying I know it will not help me conceive faster. What I'm really interested in is a fertility-friendly product to help with the inevitable, shall I say chafing, that occurs with an ambitious BD schedule. I don't really have a problem with adequate CM, but just need a little boost now and then to keep things comfy. Will this provide what I need, or is there another product that would work better? I've seen mixed reviews on Amazon about the consistency, plus I trust you ladies way more than Amazon reviewers. 

Edit: Saw a misspelling and it made me feel embarrassed. 

Re: Let's talk about Preseed...

• I have used it. I do like it. I think the full applicator is a bit much, makes me feel like a leaky faucet but I think it definitely helps during that increased frequency week. Especially if you skip the longer "build up" and just get straight to it. It seems a little more watery than traditions lubes but I plan on using it this week as well 
  • I used preseed and plan on using it again until I get pregnant. I agree, the recommended amount is way too much. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks so much. Pretty much everything I've read also conveys that the standard amount is too much. I would only use a small dab to "get things going" anyway. If I order it now, it will be on my doorstep before FW for sure. Gotta love Prime! 
  • I have only used the applicator thing a few times, usually it's just a small dab.  We use it when we need something more...it's actually pretty good as well, IMO (not sticky, etc.).  And yes to Prime shipping for sure!
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Spartanrd4Spartanrd4 member
    edited May 2016
    I use it because I need lubricant anyways and it's sperm friendly and also i don't really have egg white cm. The cycle I got pregnant I started using the applicator...have no idea of having it inside had anything to do with getting KU or not. I only use about 2 grams. (the second line on the applicator)
  • edited May 2016
    I like it well enough. I'm really not into baby-making sex and I don't have EWCM, so it's a lifesaver. I do use the applicators, but 2 grams like @Spartanrd4 otherwise it's a fricking slip n slide

edit: i can spell, honest
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• silentPsilentP member
    We always use lube. I bought just the lube version of preseed and became pregnant after 9 months of trying the first time we used it. Got pregnant again the first time after using it after my 1st MC. We ran out and several months later, I am still not pregnant. Hmm, might be time to order more! The brand I bought was Conceive Plus. Good luck!
  • I have used pre-seed. Actually the first month we used it ttc#1 we got pregnant (month 13 of active ttc). I've only been using externally for a little extra somethin-somethin as I cannot find the applicators, but this month I ordered a new batch specifically so I could start using it internally again. It actually makes sense that it worked for us in the past because we have some motility issues that we didn't know about until recently. Hence why I put my order in. 

And who doesn't love Amazon Prime? The magic of things showing up at my doorstep is amazing and extra amazing when it's something I wouldn't want to stand in line at CVS with. 
  • HexieHexie member
    We have used both Preseed and Astroglide TTC, and actually prefer the latter. Astroglide is thinner and feels closer to the natural thing, Preseed was more slippery. They should be equally effective as TTC lubricants, so it's just a matter of personal choice.
    TTC: Nov 2014
    BFP: Apr 2015 - Ectopic Pregnancy
    TTC: Oct 2015
    My Chart
  • JDMRSJDMRS member
    reneeannemm said: I like it well enough. I'm really not into baby-making sex and I don't have EWCM, so it's a lifesaver. I do use the applicators, but 2 grams like @Spartanrd4 otherwise it's a fricking slip n slide

edit: i can spell, honest @reneeannemm :D  I snorted when I read that.

• @BornReady Your response made me laugh because I envisioned myself holding my box of Preseed set to check out at CVS, and at that moment running into someone I know. "Oh hiiiii, don't mind me and my tube of fertility lube....how are you?!" Plus, I hate CVS's prices. It's cheaper by a few bucks on Amazon. 

Thanks everyone for the replies! This was very helpful. 
  • Haha @Wishilivedinfloridaone day I went to Target and bought preseed, opks, pregnancy tests and tampons and of course the check out person was like a 22 year old guy. Definitely got a look on that one lol.
  • I used it when we conceived all our babies.  I like it, way more then adtroglide.  We are trying coconut oil as our lube now.  

\

DS #1 born 05/25/2012   
                                                         BFP#2:  06/12/2013 ---- loss

DS #2 born 4/08/2014
          BPF#4: 2/1/2016 --- 2/23/2016 suspected molar pregnancy--- 3/15/2016 D&E - diagnosis MM
                                                                   BFP#5 - 9/22/2016

* formally bornmommy

• I have never heard of this!!!! I usually get EWCM but not every day of my FW so this sounds helpful.

wondering if I can get it down here though....

about embarassing shopping... Now I have done this twice: go to checkout with pregnancy tests and tampons. The cashiers look at me like "WTF lady" and I look back like "it's one or the other".
    Married 06.21.14 / TTC since 11.15 /
    BFP 01.03.2016 / MMC 6w5d D&C 02.2016 // BFP 05.06.16 / natural MC 05.12.16
    Benched 06.2016-08.2016 / TTC again 09.2016! On a diet. Cranky.
    BFP 10.02.2016 / NT scan at 12w looked normal / Anatomy scan at 20w everything ok
    Team blue! / EDD June 11th 2017
    DAVID ROGER was born on May 23rd at 37 weeks.

Architect, Peruvian living in Chile. I love art, opera and good chocolate.
    Started PhD studies in Architecture on 2017.
    Fur mom of a rescued miniature poodle called Luke Skywalker.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • As far as embarrassing shopping, how about five dollar store pregnancy tests at a time and then another fav of mine is because of my GI issues I have to buy around 4 bottles of magnesium citrate at a time and I'm sure everyone thinks I have an eating disorder lol
  • Once I was buying a bunch of pregnancy tests from Target that had coupons attached to the boxes, so I was very clear with the cashier that I wanted to use all the coupons I could.  Her reaction?  "What a great deal!"
    About me:
    /loss mentioned/
    TTC#1 July 2014
    dx: MFI (morphology)
    IUI #1 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Sept. 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #2 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Halloween 2015 ~ BFN
    IUI #3 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Thanksgiving 2015 ~ BFP!!
    hb 146 bpm at 7w5d
    1/28/16 ~ began to say goodbye to our beautiful baby at 11w 
    d&c, followed by cytotec
    TTCAL April 2016
    IUI #4 w/Clomid + Ovidrel Apr. 2016 ~ BFN
    IUI #5 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ CP
    IUI#6 w/Clomid + Ovidrel ~ BFN
  • Nnoooooooo!!!!!! I just checked my preseed box and I only have 3 applicators left. I was planning on sexing it up everyday for he next 7 (high hopes right). Amazon prime here I come
  • We totally use preseed. We used it for 2 cycles before we got KU and have been using it since my mmc. My DH doesn't really like it but knows it's better than traditional lives so he goes with it. I used the applicator once and it was way too much (as others have said) it was like dripping out everywhere. Gross! I would not use near as much as they recommend if you apply it internally. Lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Does anyone notice that you're more sensitive with preseed? Like, it's almost too much for me. And I'm only using about 1.5g with an applicator. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

M/C #2 - October 2016
    MMC #1 - April 2016

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers
  • Ok, this thread has convinced me to try it next cycle.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • JDMRSJDMRS member
    @MWoodside haha me too-just arrived from Amazon. 
  • @SnobunnieMel "squirt gun it up" lmao
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • DH and I hate lube and never use it so I'll be interested to see how preseed will go over.

DD1 born 5/24/10.

Missed M/C at 14 wks Feb 2012.

DD2 born 5/14/13.

Missed M/C at 9 wks July 2015.

Expecting someone new 4/17/17.
  • No doubt, with these endorsements I picked some up today lmao Mostly because DH had a complaint about coconut oil and I know we won't go through a whole bottle of some random lube by September lol I doubt I'll "squirt gun it up" until TTC but hope it's a decent lube in the meantime, as needed :)
  • Highly recommend no more than 2g. Seems to be a much better amount so thanks for that tip ladies. 4g was obscene 
  • nmd9168nmd9168 member
    I used preseed frequently before my MMC. A little goes a long way. I am not really sure if it helped me get pregnant, but it didn't prevent pregnancy. 
    Me: 28 DH: 29
    Married: 4-25-2014
    TTC: March 2015
    BFP: 2-18-16
    Confirmed MMC: 3-31-16
    D&C: 4-2-16
    TTCAL: May 2016
    IUI: 5/13/17-Femara and Trigger, POAS 5/27/17 BFP 5/27/17

BabyFruit Ticker