Infertility

Anyone use androgel prior to the stim cycle? Any side effects?

Am I going to grow a beard is what I'm really asking...lololo.
Me & DH - 41, DH has a cyst blocking his tubes, I'm just old.
IVF #1 scheduled May 2016 - 375/525 follistim, 75 menopur - cancelled cycle Day 6
IVF #2 scheduled July 2016 - new protocol, switcharoo...IUI June 2016 - BFN
IVF#3 scheduled August 2016 - estrogen & testosterone primed for 3 wks - ganirelix 7 days leading up to stim - 500 follistim, 75 menopur, 150 clomid , no follicle growth on day 6, stopped injectibles. Scanned day 9 just to check, some growth, 3 days 200 mg clomid, day 12 more growth, 100 follistim, 75 menopur, start ganirelix on day 13, ER = 0 eggs, ovulated to soon ( :( )
IVF#4 scheduled Sept 2016 - Microdose Flare protocol, cancelled stim day 6 converted to IUI (one dominant follicle)  :(  IUI cancelled ovulated too soon again. Taking a mental health break.
IVF#5 December 2016 - New protocol, same results. My adventure is over.

Re: Anyone use androgel prior to the stim cycle? Any side effects?

• I did, along with DHEA, for only about a week prior to stim cycle to improve egg quality. After watching YouTube videos and learning more about how to apply it from some trans men I was a little concerned about the body hair and voice deepening. Neither happened. ;) They don't see those types of results until after about 3mo. Everything I experienced as a side effect could have been attributed to the other hormones or supplements I was on. In other words, I didn't notice anything different from my first cycle without the testosterone gel. I hope it helps you and I hope any side effects are minimal!