Success after IF

DOR success stories?

I would love to know if others who have been diagnosed with DOR were eventually successful.  My AMH was 1.1 a year ago.  I don't remember my FSH level.  AFC has been 6-9.  As you can see in my signature, there have been failures.  DH are taking a few months break but that's hard for me.  I am taking supplements, going to acupuncture, doing yoga to relax.  Taking a break just means no injections or appointments for me.  I'm trying to focus on DH, who's been awesome during this process.  We are stronger due to this but it doesn't hurt to focus on us.  

So, any successes?  If so, how many ivf cycles did it take?

Thank you!
Me:32 DH:36
Me: DOR, poor egg quality, MTHFR
DH: MFI
TTC since 3/2014
2015: 3 IUI's-BFN
12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
3/2016: RE suggested donor eggs- taking an ivf break and to supplement 
9/2016: 3rd ivf cycle-cancelled due to early ovulation
Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos
1/9/17: transferred 1 embryo-BFP 1/16
1/18/17: beta #1-104
1/20/17: beta #2-174
2/2/17: first u/s, heartbeat of 107 at 6w1d
7/20/17: baby boy born at 30+3 via emergency c-section 

Re: DOR success stories?

• Hi all i thought i would start this and see if there is any dor ladies that have gotten bfp with a iui. I have seen success on one thread but i am hoping there is more i was disgnosed with dor 3 years ago have no had any pregnacies. Back in 2013 i had surgery to remove 3 fibroids all is good now i had iui 1 with clomid and bfn i am currently in my 2ww for iui number 2 with clomid injectibles and trigger im currently on pregestorne. I have see a few re all said ivf with donor egg my best chances i didnt believe that and still dont it was time to move on the re #4 and she said my own eggs have a chance at my age that she has seen number like mine succeed so here we are giving them a chance her plan was 3 iui with meds and injectibles and see where we stand if not plan b which is ivf. Its so expensive i cant even afford but i will do what i can. Any words of encourgment anything would be helpful. All opinions i would love to hear and chat.
  • Kp214Kp214 member
    @Hoping4Success   You may want to read or have read ShayLatrice's story.  She is a DOR success story.  I found it encouraging.  

I am so sorry you are here.  I know it is difficult.  After our 2nd ivf cycle, which was cancelled, our RE mentioned donor eggs.  When pressed about it a week later, she said she only mentioned it because most couples want a success after 2 ivf cycles.  However, she said she'd work with us, whichever path we wanted to take.  At the moment, we are taking a break to give the supplements I wanted to try time and to focus on us.  Also, she now wants to try a cycle without bcp prior to stims. BCP can oversuppress the ovaries, especially in DOR patients.

Good luck!
    TTC since 3/2014
    12/2015: 1st IVF cycle-(9 follicles retrieved, 5 mature, 3 fertilized w/ICSI, transferred 1 excellent and 1 good embryo on day 3)-chemical pregnancy
    3/2016: 2nd IVF cycle- canceled (3 follicles retrieved, 3 mature, all fertilized w/ICSI, 1 fragmented, 2 arrested) 
    Oct./Nov 2016: 4th ivf cycle- EPP-AFC:5, retrieved 10, 10 mature, 8 fertilized with ICSI, 6 blastocysts biopsied and frozen. 3 CCS normal embryos

• Loading the player...
  • @Kp214 im not sure i read it do you have a link?
  • Kp214Kp214 member
    @Hoping4Success   Her story is about halfway down.  I hope this gives you some encouragement like it did me.

https://forums.thebump.com/discussion/comment/88673201#Comment_88673201
    TTC since 3/2014

• ***Loss mentioned ***

After getting married in August of 2012,my husband and I wanted to get pregnant. But for the first year we didn't try as far as using OPK's or anything. In 2013 going into 2014 we started to use OPK's. In November of 2014 I finally went to see an RE and the testing started. I was diagnosed with DOR In March of 2015. My first iui with Clomid/Menopur was in May and resulted ina BFN. After 1 round of iui my husband and I decided we wanted to put our money into IVF and not waste on iui as the chance of iui working was so low. So I scheduled a consultation with Dr. B and waited. When our appointment was up, my husband was unable to get out of work for the appointment and we had to reschedule. This was the end of August 2015. Our next appointment was going to be scheduled for October until my work said that they would see if during open enrollment in January they could get me a better insurance that would help cover more costs for IVF. So we decided to get back to life and wait. As hard as that was, I knew it was the right thing to do. My period was due December 23rd, and because I lost all faith I told my husband when he asked if I could be pregnant that the reason I had no period yet was due to my body probably getting worse. On December 27th, after having cramping and being crazy hormonally, I decided to take a test. I finally got my BFP and it was unexpected and natural. 3 years of waiting to be pregnant and it finally happened. I was in disbelief, and unfortunately because of dealing with infertility, some joys out of pregnancy were taken away as I was scared. But I was pregnant. No sickness, just hungry, tired, and some big boobs. Fast forward to my anatomy scan which revealed my baby girl had Triploidy. My doctor said the chances of this happening are like 1 in a million, very rare. My first trimester test results were all "normal" but on the higher range for my age, and my doctor didn't question it, nor did she tell us they were on the higher end. My peri said had he seen my results, he would have done more testing. Note to self in the future, get all result numbers and analyze them. I had my d&e when I was 21 weeks pregnant, although my daughter was much smaller as she was measuring weeks behind  due to Intrauterine growth restriction being a part of Triploidy. My doctor said this was a 1 in million chance of happening and that we never have to worry about it happening again. That is a hard pill to swallow, considering we dealt with infertility, and then have our miracle baby only to lose her more than half way through our pregnancy. BUT I did get pregnant naturally, so I am a success story, although my story ended in a way I wish upon no one. I do struggle now with the questions "Do I still fall under the infertile category" and "Will I ever get pregnant again" and so on. After getting pregnant, my faith was restored, only to be taken away from me again. My d&e will be 4 weeks ago tomorrow. I am praying for faith, as I did get pregnant naturally, and hope it can happen again. We will  be trying after I get the go ahead from my doctor after my period comes back. Keep the faith, I have read of other DOR success stories. It can happen.
    Married August 2012
    Me:28 DH:31
    Diagnosed with Diminished Ovarian Reserve March 2015
    IUI # 1 May 2015 - BFN
    December 2015 - Natural BFP - Our Angel baby Mila Grace went to heaven @ 21 weeks on 4/21/16 (D&E) due to Triploidy
    Currently waiting to start TTAL
  • Kp214Kp214 member
    ******TW******
    @prayingforbabyh Thank you for sharing your story.  I am sorry for your loss and know that it is hard.  Our first ivf cycle resulted in a chemical pregnancy.  While not the same as what you went through, I can understand your sadness.  Mine seemed like the never ending miscarriage. 

I think, technically, you fall under the infertile category since you were diagnosed with DOR; however, I don't believe that matters.  You were pregnant, so you know it can happen.  You were able to carry her and had no problems with implantation.  These are good things.  

While you are waiting, have you considered taking any supplements?

I love her name.  It is beautiful.  I pray that you have peace throughout this process and that you are successful.

TTC since 3/2014

• *******TW******

@kp214 I am so sorry for your loss. The positive I bring out of this situation is knowing I have a beautiful Angel looking after me, she's healthy and will now never know anymore pain. We will be re-united again someday, and I can't wait to hold her in my arms. The same goes for you and your Angel.

I am taking my pre-natals, and as far as DHEA and CoQ10, I had stopped that a bit before I got pregnant, and no that I am no longer pregnant, I haven't started it up again. When I see my perinatologist I want to question him on this. I know he isnt a RE, but I'd like to get his thoughts since he really knows his stuff.

Thank you, my husband actually picked out her name, starting with her first, and as soon as he said it I knew it was meant for her. Mila is short for milagro which in spanish means Miracle, and she is our miracle. Grace was also my husbands idea. He said "it has to be Grace because "By the Grace of God we had you". " Her name is very sentimental and very special.

Thank you for your sweet, kind words. I will be praying for you, to find peace in a decision, to find peace for knowing when a decision is right for you, and for you to find strength, because when struggling with this, Lord knows we need strength. However you become a mom, with your eggs, donor eggs, adoption, you will be a great mother and that child will be so loved.

Married August 2012
    IUI # 1 May 2015 - BFN
    December 2015 - Natural BFP - Our Angel baby Mila Grace went to heaven @ 21 weeks on 4/21/16 (D&E) due to Triploidy
  • Kp214Kp214 member
    @prayingforbabyh thank you for your kind words and prayers.  

The meaning and reasons of her name make it even more special and beautiful.  

I'm taking Coq10, DHEA, baby aspirin, folic acid, Chinese herbs, and Royal jelly. I also go to acupuncture at least once a week. This really helps me relax and supposedly can help. I don't know if the supplements are doing anything. I've been on Coq10 from the beginning, so I don't think it's helping.  Maybe I need to take a higher dosage. My re didn't recommend the DHEA. She said the studies are mixed as far as results.  I want to try though. 

Your success gives me hope. Thank you for that. 

Keep believing.  I know you will have the family that you want, however God leads you.  You are in my prayers. 
    TTC since 3/2014

• How was all the success stories with dor through ivf or
  • Kp214Kp214 member
    @Hoping4Success There have been a few responses, which has been encouraging.  I have found another site that has a group specifically for TTC with DOR.  They have a thread devoted to success stories, which is great!  

https://community.babycenter.com/groups/a6742399/ttc_with_dor_diminished_ovarian_reserve
    TTC since 3/2014

• @Kp214 thank you soo all this helps i plan to do one more iui a d mive farward with ivf 
  • @Kp214 yes i do actually go on that board too 
  • I have heard of all of those, and I think with DHEA, dr's are all in the air about whether it helps or not. My dr didn't recommend me to use it, but told me if I wanted that some people believe it does work and it would be up to me. That and CoQ10 were the ones he shared with me. What dose of CoQ10 are you taking? It's been so long I don't even remember the dose I was taking, but I know it was a higher dose. Have you read the book "It Starts with the Egg?" The author also struggled with infertility.  That was very informative for me, and she discusses studies and facts on DHEA, CoQ10, Royal Jelly, and others.  It did change a lot of my ways as far as going more natural with products beauty wise and kitchen wise, no plastics, no BPA, and glass everything.

Prayers and baby dust coming you way <3
    Married August 2012
    IUI # 1 May 2015 - BFN
  • Kp214Kp214 member
    @Hoping4Success  Good luck with your iui.  I pray that this is the one and for strength and peace during this time for you.  

If you do have to do ivf, it will be ok.  The injections weren't that bad, in my opinion.  Also, I wasn't "crazy" hormonal while on them, even DH agrees I was pretty normal.

TTC since 3/2014

• Kp214Kp214 member
    @prayingforbabyh I take NeoQ10, supposed to be 1 soft gel a day (125 mg).  I take 2 a day since I have had two failed ivf cycles.  I don't know if that's too much or too little for this particular brand, but from what I've read, it seems on the very low end.

I haven't read "It Starts with the Egg."  I have seen it mentioned several places.  I am tempted to read it.  I am afraid it will make me paranoid about everything.  However, since I have side effects to almost every antibiotic I have been prescribed in my adult life, I do wonder if my eggs may be affected by the things I come into contact with every day.  Have you switched to organic foods or did you already do that?  If you switched, how difficult was it to make the change?

Prayers and baby dust for you as well!
    TTC since 3/2014

• @Kp214 have you done ivf?
  • Kp214Kp214 member
    @Hoping4Success I have done 2 ivf cycles. The 2nd was in March, where all three embryos arrested.  I didn't stop bc on the correct day, which I think had more of an effect than we could have known.  If you have some questions or concerns, I am happy to pass on my experience.
    TTC since 3/2014

• @Kp214 and both were unsuccessful 
  • Kp214Kp214 member
    @Hoping4Success the first was a chemical pregnancy and the second one, we didn't make it to transfer.  We are taking a break until September, when we will start a 3 ivf cycle. 
    TTC since 3/2014

• I took the Ubiquinol form of CoQ10, it is the best form to take as it absorbs faster then the standard CoQ10 form, I learned that from the book and I believe I took 400 mg's a day, I will write a note to myself to check and see if I still have a bottle at home and let you know.

Don't be scared of the book, it can be overwhelming when you realize all the things the government allows, like chemicals and ingredients that mess with the reproductive system, but it is so informative. I have learned so much from it, things we just don't think about. Now I make better, small decisions about products I use, like switching to a clean shampoo and conditioner, and face wash. But switching to a clean lifestyle is hard, considering mostly everything accessible to us by the "big brands" are full of chemicals and bad ingredients. I haven't been able to switch on makeup for example. I try to use glass containers for water and food, but that's not always easy to do.

I do buy some organic foods, but haven't made a complete switch.  I don't care what anyone says, it is hard to do. It's also hard to do with my husband, as he is the pickiest eater ever, and I am pretty picky too. I do try to make smarter choices.

I see you added September 2016 IVF with a new protocol. Prayers for you and a successful cycle!
    Married August 2012
    IUI # 1 May 2015 - BFN
  • Kp214Kp214 member
    Thanks!  @prayingforbabyh
    DH has a fast metabolism and has to force feed himself to maintain his weight, so going organic for both of us would get expensive.  I'll check out the book.  After you posted about it, I tried this weekend to see about storing food in glass containers and only drinking from glass.  It was difficult!  So many of the products are plastic!

TTC since 3/2014

• @Kp214 oh ok nice so do u have frozen eggs already or you have to go ahead and pay again
  • Kp214Kp214 member
    We don't have any frozen eggs, @Hoping4Success .  The September cycle will have to be paid for.  I would love to have enough embryos to freeze and hope that will be the case.
    TTC since 3/2014

• @kp214 how much is it gonna cost you?
  • Kp214Kp214 member
    @Hoping4Success I don't know at the moment. It's going to be a new protocol. So I have no idea about the cost of the meds and the cost of the procedures,etc.   It may depend on when my cycle is supposed to start as to whether it is a spontaneous start or estrogen priming start. I'm not entirely sure and am supposed to speak with my re in a week or two. 
    TTC since 3/2014

• @Kp214 oh ok i seemy re on the 20th i will ask what protocol she will use on me if i do have to go the ivf route which i think i will have to 

• Kp214 said:

I would love to know if others who have been diagnosed with DOR were eventually successful.  My AMH was 1.1 a year ago.  I don't remember my FSH level.  AFC has been 6-9.  As you can see in my signature, there have been failures.  DH are taking a few months break but that's hard for me.  I am taking supplements, going to acupuncture, doing yoga to relax.  Taking a break just means no injections or appointments for me.  I'm trying to focus on DH, who's been awesome during this process.  We are stronger due to this but it doesn't hurt to focus on us.  

So, any successes?  If so, how many ivf cycles did it take?

Thank you!

IF DX: DOR & Fragile X pre-mutation carrier
    2011: FSH 13.3 & E 99; AMH 0.54 2nd FSH 6.2 E 40's AFC: 8
    BFP from Clomid/IUI ~ Pre-e and IUGR during pregnancy ~ DS born 9/4/12
    Feb./March 2013: AMH less than 0.16 (undectable) and AFC = 4;
    BFP from supps ~ DS#2 due May 2014

May 2014 January Siggy Challenge:
  • I got pregnant with my first through iui after 0.5 amh.  Second was natural with undetectable amh.  AFC was 4.

• I took baby aspirin, vitamin d and ubiquinol

• I would like a 3rd but no longer have regular periods.  I have only had a couple days of spotting in the last 3 months

• Kp214Kp214 member
    @IBackBevo  Thank you for the hope.  I appreciate it and have been kind of depressed during this break we are taking.  This helps.  I appreciate your story and you posting the supplements you were on.  I hope that you complete your family.  I will say that I was born to a 51 y/o mother and given up for adoption, so you never know.
    TTC since 3/2014

• @IBackBevo wow i have anh of .39 and had endo remived in 2013 no luck had first  iui in sept with clomid bfn took a break to recooperate and found a new re and had my first iui with injeectibles cycle that failed im still hopeful but i doubt
  • This therad had been quiet @Kp214 i know were about cycle buddies i just wish there was more dor success stories on here maybe ppl just do t post after getting a bfp 
  • Here's my success story: I used a DE and had my wonderful daughter, that took a universe to get her to me. She was born in May. After pursuing my OE and thinking DE was the last thing I wanted, I was wrong. The money? Who cares. The magic of knowing that every single thing in my life led her to me? Priceless.

Just an alternate viewpoint on an old thread.
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • Ha! I posted the last one here 6 months ago. I am pregnant with my own egg now. My AMH (and this is true!) was less than 0.01. The girls will be 18 months apart. DOR is not a death sentence. 
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga