TTC after 35

Yeast infection and TTC

jennh75bjennh75b member
edited May 2016 in TTC after 35
Ugh.  So AF is gone but now I have an apparent yeast infection - I was in denial yesterday but I definitely have one.  I'm all worried now since we should start our BD efforts this Thurs/Fri.  I don't get these too often so don't have a lot of experience with how long they last.  I typically just buy the one night treatment and it usually goes away but I really don't know how long these things linger.  I really don't want to miss out on starting late or not at all.  I don't want to give the infection to H, either.  What do you all know about this?  Have first-hand experience?  I don't think I've had one since TTC so it wasn't really an issue what time of the month I had one before.

I might reach out to my RE to ask about it, too.  
Me: 41
Husband: 40
TTC#1 since 9/2014
Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally

Re: Yeast infection and TTC

• My RE just said if the symptoms resolve by using Monistat then there shouldn't be a concern.  Here's to hoping this does the trick tonight!  

I'm so sick of worrying about if I get sick, if I get this or that during O...it's driving me nuts.  I'm sure it will be ten times worse if/when I get a BFP, though.  I was watching Mike & Molly when they adopted a baby and her mom said "honey, you're about to be a mom, worrying is not going away anytime soon" or something to that effect.  I guess I need to get used to this.
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • I know that I've asked about if having a yeast infection can hurt my chances of getting pregnant (I have had them in the past with no symptoms) and my OB said it shouldn't affect fertility. :) 
    Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
    9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
    1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
    March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks for the info @PoeMasque!   Very good to know.  I just hope it goes away soon...I hate these things. 

TTC#1 since 9/2014