TTC after 35

Checking in, again!

just checking in again. Tell us: 

your first name (or your screen name, if you prefer) 

where you're from 

TTC#?

how many months/cycles you've been TTC

where you are at in your cycle

how you feel, plans, rants, anything cycle/TTC related.

gtky question: do you have any pets? 
Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Checking in, again!

• just checking in again. Tell us: 

your first name (or your screen name, if you prefer) AHRains

where you're from Mobile, AL

TTC#? 2 (1 MC)

how many months/cycles you've been TTC 5/6 post MC

where you are at in your cycle CD26, 13ish DPO

how you feel, plans, rants, anything cycle/TTC related. Feel fine and trying to stay positive! Trying not to take every little twinge or symptom as either yay or nay. 

gtky question: do you have any pets? We are furparents to two dogs and one kitty. 
    Formerly ahrains
    Me: 42 | DH: 45
    TTC since Dec. 2014
    BFP #1 Oct. 2015 | MC Nov. 2015
    Sept. 2016: FSH, AMH, E2, TSH, etc. all normal. | Oct. 2016: HSG all clear! | Nov. 2016: Hysteroscopy & H's SA both great results
    Dec. 2016 - Follistim + TI
    BFP #2 12/25/16 | Natural MC 2/13/17 | False BFP leads to D&C 4/20/17 | Emergency D&C + hysteroscopy 5/16/17
    <3 The road probably ends here <3 

• edited May 2016
    First name:  Lee Ann
    where you're from Missouri

TTC#? 1

how many months/cycles you've been TTC since April 2015

where you are at in your cycle CD26, 14 DPO

how you feel, plans, rants, anything cycle/TTC related. Feeling tired it has been a long week. Really wishing the weekend was longer. trying not to stress to much. 

gtky question: do you have any pets? We have three dogs and a cat. Our dogs are puddles the puggles, zen the lab mix, and our puppy Sailor the English bulldog mix. We also have a cat named meow. 
  • Loading the player...
  • VastraVastra member
    edited May 2016
    your first name (or your screen name, if you prefer) Vastra

where you're from  Northeast US

TTC# 1

how many months/cycles you've been TTC 5/5 (though the first two were really NTNP)

where you are at in your cycle CD 28/9 dpo

how you feel, plans, rants, anything cycle/TTC related. Like @ahrains trying not to go bananas every time I feel a cramp or bubble. Had a weirdorable moment with a coworker the other night- she and I tend to text during rehearsals, even when we're sitting right next to each other. She knows we're ttc, so when I texted "god I wish I was drunk right now" she texted "...and are you drinking these days?" I texted back "2ww," assuming she'd know what it meant since she's been though all this. I guess in a moment of excitement she read that as "2 weeks in" or something, and texted back a row of happy faces, and looked up with a huge smile on her face. I had to explain that I meant "two week wait." It was a nice taste of having someone be excited for me, but I'd rather have the real thing! We ended up having a long whispered conversation about ovulating. 

gtky question: do you have any pets? Not at the moment! We'll get a dog at some point, and are currently waging (humane) war against the chipmunks that live under our new house. We've had some success trapping them, then DH drives them to a park 7 miles away and lets them go. 

edited because "hug smile" isn't a thing
    Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • @ahrains and @Vastra I'm right there with you! Feeling tons of pulls and twinges (especially at night), trying not to get my hopes too high since I have zero symptoms otherwise. 

@Hopefulmommy1980 those are awesome pet names! Meow the cat and puddles the puggle :)

Jen from Oregon

TTC#1

7/7

CD 27/ 12DPO (estimated, since I don't OPK or temp, just old fashioned charting) 

was feeing super discouraged since I had a BFN yesterday morning, but as I said above I have been having all sorts of twinges since about 7 DPO and I haven't had even a hint of my usual pre AF spotting (I have 4-5 days like clockwork). So I'm cautiously hopeful. either way I spent the weekend doing major demo at our new house and now I'm having twinges all over my whole body! (Do not offer to demo tile flooring yourself!! Ack!) 

We have two cats. A Russian blue named Bear (he is the size of a Maine coon and thinks he is a human!) and a tiny tortie named Beebs. I often worry about what Bear will do when he's no longer the center of attention in the house.....it's going to be rough! 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Jenn from Pennsylvania

TTC#1

Too many cycles to add up - on and off since 9/2014

CD 6

I am pretty deflated after the last cycle - pretty sure I experienced implantation cramping and CM for the first time ever.  We are going to pretty much do the same thing as last cycle.  I kind of consider this the second month of TTC because now I know when I ovulate for sure and the rest of the times we haven't and were starting too late.  My mom told me it took her two months, so I'm hoping maybe I'll follow in her footsteps now that we have this all figured out.

We have a cat named Ally who is 14 years old - she was H's cat before we met.  She's very vocal.  We just got a puppy for my 40th birthday named Cami and she's almost 9 months now - she's a schnauzer/terrier mix we think.  I've had two puppies/dogs before and don't remember them being this crazy, but I was in my early 20's when I got them, so I guess it might be my tolerance level has changed.  Cami is starting to calm down a bit, thank goodness, because I work from home two days a week and she has definitely been testing my patience.

Me: 41
    Husband: 40
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
    Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally
  • VastraVastra member
    @PoeMasque Fx that those AF signs stay away! 
    @jennh75b Yeah, I was a little off on my O dates for a couple of months as well. I'm even justifying adding a couple of months to the 6-month mark before I go see my obgyn. Fx for both of us! 
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • Just checking in after getting back from vacation. I last posted in the TWW and am pretty devastated that I'm now on CD2 because this was our last chance before DH leaves in three days for the summer for work. Trying to stay positive here since this was only the first month using OPK but dr says after 2 more months of trying we will be referred to RE due to me turning 42 in September. So I prob won't be as active a poster this summer with no news to report but will check in to see how you all are doing and then get back on the actively trying when he's home end of August. 
  • Lu19Lu19 member

Hey there, best of luck ladies and FX!

Lu from the south. Currently in my FW, expecting to O within next 2 days. Feeling kind of drained from last cycle. We really stuck to BD'g every other day several days before (even before FW started) and after O. I limited caffeine, took supplements, ate super healthy, yada yada yada ... and AF came 4 days early. We're still going to try this cycle, but not so rigorous as last month. I recently saw my gyn for my annual, and he suggested we try for another 3 months, and if no luck, we can start initial testing, dye exam, etc. So in a way that made me feel more relaxed and not as rushed, I guess... not really sure. Maybe I need a month to re-charge? Anywho, that's where I am at this point. Feeling a little bleh, but also starting to accept that if this takes some time, it takes some time. Deep in my heart I know this will happen :)

Our yellow lab is our fur child. H and I got him from lab rescue 3 months after we started dating when he was only 6 weeks old. I really believe fur children improve our quality of life.  Our lab is 8 now, but still our 100 lb. puppy-at-heart. He was initially depressed when we first brought DS home from hospital bc he was no longer the center of our world.. fast forward almost 2 years later, those two are best buddies now.

• @Momifbysea  - I'm so sorry AF came.  I'm sorry you're now on hold with TTC and sorry your H is away for so long, but I hope that you are now on the right track with the OPK and once you're able to get back into the game you will get a super-fast BFP!!!!  Don't be a stranger!

@Lu19 - isn't it always the way?  AF comes early just to put us out of our misery, I suppose.  It's a double-edged sword.  If it's going to come, then just come already...but really you don't want it to come at all.
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • KT&JohnKT&John member
    FX to all those who are hoping AF stays away for 9 months! @Lu19 sorry for the BFN. Hoping the next cycle brings good news! @Momifbysea hope the summer TTC hold flies by and August comes quickly.

I'm CD 15. Doing cheapie OPK's this time and the last two days they have gotten darker but not as dark as control yet. DH and I are going to try BDing every day this week. Feeling hopeful.
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Said goodbye to DH this morning. A way way longshot (perhaps with a miracle) BD last night, LOL. Come on September!!!
  • KT&JohnKT&John member
    Well the cheapie OPK line never got quite as dark as the control and this morning it started getting lighter. I'm doing pretty well at not obsessing about it. Work is really busy and that helps. Hopefully my LH surged enough for O. ;)
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016

• @Momifbysea I'm sorry about AF and your H having to leave! I'm back at CD1 and not too happy today.  Wondering if I need to get on the BBT train because I'm not really using FF to its potential.  

@KT&amp;John I love your hopefulness and appreciate you posting about OPKs as I have not used those yet but feel like I might need to start!

Formerly ahrains
    TTC since Dec. 2014
    Sept. 2016: FSH, AMH, E2, TSH, etc. all normal. | Oct. 2016: HSG all clear! | Nov. 2016: Hysteroscopy & H's SA both great results
    BFP #2 12/25/16 | Natural MC 2/13/17 | False BFP leads to D&C 4/20/17 | Emergency D&C + hysteroscopy 5/16/17

• KT&JohnKT&John member
    @ahrains sorry about CD1 ((hugs)). I was afraid OPK's would make me feel obsessive and anxious, but they have been helpful. They helped me confirm my O is several days earlier than it was years ago...good info to have!
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016

• @Momifbysea I wonder if there aren't ways you could keep some sperm on hand for when you O? I mean you could literally turkey baster, then O on your own and it's the same as sex right? 

@KT&amp;John good to know! I have held off on OPKs because I thought it would be too much pressure, but i ended up buying a bunch on CD1 this week. I'm a little intimidated by them...I bought both the smiley face ones and the cheapie sticks.....just because I didn't trust either of them completely! 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • KT&JohnKT&John member
    @PoeMasque We seem to be on a very similar page about the OPK's! I'll know in a few weeks if they helped me out on timing but it was an overall positive experience. Though when I did not get a second line quite as dark as the control, I did wonder how the smiley face one would read. So, good call on getting both and good luck!
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016

• @PoeMasque @KT&amp;John I feel the same about the OPKs so I'm really glad to see what y'all have to say!  My BBT thermometer should arrive today (thanks, Amazon Prime!) so I'm kind of...excited, I guess, to see what that has to say.  Stay tuned... ;)
    Formerly ahrains
    TTC since Dec. 2014

• VastraVastra member
    PoeMasque said:
    @Momifbysea I wonder if there aren't ways you could keep some sperm on hand for when you O? I mean you could literally turkey baster, then O on your own and it's the same as sex right? 

I have had this exact same thought during the FPs where I'm traveling. Would be Googling the crap out of this science if I weren't at work right now! 
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • I'll chime in on the OPK topic and say I like the smiley vs. no smiley ones, and just noticed that Rite Aid has a version of those that are much cheaper than the Clearblue ones.  I have a few left of the Clearblue but I'm going to get the Rite Aid ones next.  I may not use them every month because I got confirmation of my O day from the RE for two months in a row (which was on a consistent 2 day range) so I'm just going to maybe use them this month and if it's still the same day, then I'm going to retire the OPK and save some $$.  
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • @jennh75b Awesome advice - thank you so much!
    Formerly ahrains
    TTC since Dec. 2014

• KLake42KLake42 member
    edited May 2016
    Checking in a little late...
    your first name (or your screen name, if you prefer): Kathleen

where you're from: Georgia

TTC#? #1

how many months/cycles you've been TTC: I've had 8 failed IUIs.  The last IUI was done when my first IVF was canceled for poor response.

where you are at in your cycle: Last few days of BCPs before starting IVF #2, this time with microdose lupron flare protocol.

how you feel, plans, rants, anything cycle/TTC related.:  I'm a total mess.  This is my last try with my own ovaries.  If it doesn't work, we're moving on to reciprocal IVF using my wife's eggs, my uterus.  I just had my meds delivered, so when I get home, I get to count to make sure I got everything.

gtky question: do you have any pets? We have two cat, and one little mutt pup.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• KT&JohnKT&John member
    All the good vibes to you @KLake42
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016

• Sending so much love and positivity your way @KLake42
    EVERYTHING crossed!
    You've been through so much Xoxox 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • VastraVastra member
    Creepy internet hugs for you and your wife, @KLake42
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • Wishing you tons of luck and a successful round this time @klake42 !!!!
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • PoeMasque said:
    just checking in again. Tell us: 

your first name (or your screen name, if you prefer) 
    AnonymousMom 

where you're from 
    Currently we own homes in IN, MD, and WV

TTC#?

how many months/cycles you've been TTC
    4 (although one, or both, of our call schedules have been incompatible with my fertile window some of those cycles) 

where you are at in your cycle
    CD27 12DPO

how you feel, plans, rants, anything cycle/TTC related.
    If I make it to CD30 without a period then I'll test.  When we conceived our first child CD27 fell on my husband's birthday and I almost grabbed an HPT when I stopped at the drug store to grab candles for his cake on my way home from choir rehearsal.  As much as I wanted to hope we were pregnant I couldn't quite trust it and didn't want to ruin his birthday if we weren't.  Now it somehow seems symbolic to wait until CD30 to test.  I guess we'll see...

gtky question: do you have any pets? 
    At the moment, no

• **LOSS MENTIONED**

Sorry ladies, I've been MIA again, I seem to go in spurts with this message board thing, depending on how busy I am.  

1) PattersRN

2) Oregon

3) TTC #1 for 9 months

4) I'm counting it as CD 4.  I got a definite positive test on May 19th (right after my HSG). Got to 5 weeks and miscarried this past Sunday. :(

5) Still trying to recover from the loss.  I was an emotional disaster yesterday but feel better today. Thankfully DH and I have the whole week off from work.  I have fears about having to go through that again, fears that this is never going to happen for us, etc. I managed to drag myself out of bed and to my cello lesson last night, even though I started crying again when I got back in the car.  I feel much better today.

6) We have two adorable cats: Eileen (a fluffy attention whore) and Bella (a chubby recluse)
    Married: 7/9/15
    Me: 37, DH: 36
    Started TTC #1: 9/2015
    Preliminary labs/testing @ 6 months: TSH, A1c, progesterone, prolactin, SA, HSG all normal
    BFP: 5/19/2016, M/C: 5/29/2016
    BFP: 6/22/2016  EDD 3//6/2017

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @PoeMasque wish I'd thought of that before he left! I literally won't be seeing him before end of August for a delivery, so to speak. But I'll stay positive for September, that would be a wonderful birthday gift!
  • @PattersRN I'm so sorry for your loss!
    Formerly ahrains
    TTC since Dec. 2014

• Very sorry for your loss, @PattersRN .  I'm glad you're feeling better today.  Time and staying busy will help.  I love the descriptions of your cats!!  Good luck with TTC!
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • @PattersRN so sorry for your loss, what a hard blow. There's nothing wrong with letting yourself grieve. Hopefully your return to the board is brief this time. 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @PattersRN  I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine what you're feeling. Sending hope your way and wish this group can help you as you work through this hard time.
  • Lu19Lu19 member
    So sorry @pattersRN for your sad loss. Hope you continue to feel better, hugs and prayers for you. 
  • @PattersRN sending you so much love, I am so so very sorry for your loss  :'(:'(:'( 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Very sorry for your loss @PattersRN
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016

• @PattersRN I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.
    Me- 39 (turning 40 in April), TTC for the first time ever (since Jan 2015), low ovarian reserve
    Married 3/14/14 to my wonderful wife, but her sperm count is rather low
    TTC with frozen donor sperm and science

7 IUIs, 7 BFNs.
    2 IVF attempts, both cancelled and converted to IUI, both BFNs.
    Decided that my tired old ovaries are ready to retire.
    Next step- reciprocal IVF, using my wife's eggs, my uterus!  
    fresh 5 day transfer (2 embryos) 4/17/17- BFP! 
    Identical twins "due" 1/2/17 (but anticipated arrival sometime December)

• @PattersRN I am so sorry for you loss. :(