December 2016 Moms
Options

Having a hard time drinking water...

So I need to drink way more fluids then I currently am and I am having a hard time drinking water right now. Just doesn't sound or taste good..weird I know...

What does everyone else drink to stay hydrated when water doesn't do the trick?

DS 7/9/15

Re: Having a hard time drinking water...

• Options
    JEM525JEM525 member
    I'm in the same exact boat. I need some ideas as well. I was thinking a water pitcher with a fruit infuser. I have been drinking decaf tea resently but need more water. It just makes me so nauseous to drink plain water. Sorry I'm not helpful but I feel ya. 
  • Options
    I have been in the exact same boat.  I have been drinking a lot of ginger ale.  Also all those water flavor drops have come in handy.  I try to use as little as possible, just enough to flavor the water a bit.  Even a little bit of juice just to take the edge off the gross water taste helps.  Also I had read that ice water can sometimes be extra hard for your stomach when it's already out of whack so I tried warm water and oddly enough it worked.  Warm plain water tastes better and doesn't make me nauseous!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Gatorade. When I wasn't able to keep anything down I would always sip on some Berry Rain Gatorade (the only flavor I tolerate). It's also supposed to help with leg cramps, so that's a bonus.
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    Diagnosed w/ PCOS 4/9/15 - R/E recommended lifestyle change
    BFP 4/10/16 - DS born 12/16/2016
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    beff12beff12 member
    I have been drinking a lot of Gatorade too! You can also try lemon or lime in your water. 

June Siggy Challenge: Dad Fails

Married 7.28.2012
    DD born 7.27.2014
    BFP 09.2015 - m/c 10.21.2015
    BFP 4.12.2016...EDD: Christmas Eve 2016!

• Options
    Been having a tough time with this as well. Been adding a little bit of no-sugar-added cranberry juice to my water and that's helped a bunch. 
    Cant wait until I can just drink plain water again!
  • Options
    Gatorade is my choice when water doesn't go down anymore.  I try to drink 120 oz a day and sometimes by dinner I just can't have more water. Keep those fluid levels up however you can!

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    I can't tolerate water either.  I've been drinking practically an entire pitcher of Crystal Light each day (raspberry ice or the grape kind).  And apple juice.  Can't get enough apple juice.  I was the same way with my first two pregnancies and it only lasted through the first trimester so I'm hoping the end is near.
    Me: 35 | Him: 35
    G born 10/25/12 | H born 3/25/14
    TTC#3 since 7/2015
    Early loss 12/2015 most likely due to low progesterone
    Began medicated cycles (Femara/Ovidrel/Endometrin) with TI 1/2016
    BFP 3/22, EDD 12/4/16 ~ It's a GIRL!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I've been drinking Sparkling Ice. It's so good. The carbonation really helps.
  • Options
    I have the same problem! And usually I love water, so it's weird for me.
    My friend recommended juice over ice cubes, so as it melts it adds more hydration but is flavored still. That's been working really well. I've also been drinking Gatorade since Dr reccomended electrolytes.
  • Options
    This happened to me last pregnancy and it's starting for me again. It's terrible haha I usually drink out of a plastic to go cup with a straw and I think (as weird as it is) its the straw that gets me so time to switch to a spout kind of cup. But I do like Gatorade...maybe a better solution
  • Options
    dmontgodmontgo member
    Usually I'm pounding my Camelback water bottle, but I am hating water right now. It tastes disgusting to me. Been having a bit more decaf tea and...yes...soda...than I normally drink. I'm hoping once I hit second trimester, water will be a bit more palatable to me. =_=
  • Options
    Try lemonade...for me pink was better. My first pregnancy water so unbearable for me and that was the only thing I could stomach.
  • Options
    Fresh lemon squeezed in water, La Croix (carbonated/sparkling water with natural flavors), sometimes juice, sometimes lemonade from Chick Fil A.  That's all I'm drinking! 
    Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    lrones2lrones2 member
    Thanks ladies!  :)

DS 7/9/15
  • Options
    Chick fil a lemonade is the stuff dreams are made of.  Unfortunately it's also the stuff gestational diabetes is made of, so I fight the urge daily.  But it's SO GOOD! 

Pregnancy Ticker     

• Options
    JEM525JEM525 member
    edited May 2016
    Fresh lemon squeezed in water, La Croix (carbonated/sparkling water with natural flavors), sometimes juice, sometimes lemonade from Chick Fil A.  That's all I'm drinking! 
     La Croix, how did I forget about LaCroix! Thank you, picking up a box tomorrow!!
  • Options
    I've been buying a variety of sparkling flavored waters. Sometimes I do half flavored half plain water. Apple juice occasionally. Was drinking water like crazy until 2 weeks ago. The struggle is real now. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    DiFazette said:
    Chick fil a lemonade is the stuff dreams are made of.  Unfortunately it's also the stuff gestational diabetes is made of, so I fight the urge daily.  But it's SO GOOD! 
    It's also the stuff heartburn is made of. Citrusy things during pregnancy are no joke.
  • Options
    lrones2lrones2 member
    We don't have any Chick fil a where I live. But I have heard good things about that place! 

DS 7/9/15
  • Options
    I miss la croix so much right now, I used to drink it all the time but now it seems to give me heartburn. 
  • Options
    dmontgo said:
    Strangely I woke up this morning and wanted ALL THE WATER. Putting ice cubes in it has suddenly made water delicious and palatable.

Pregnancy is weird.
    Whoda thunk putting frozen water in water would help!

I can't talk though, I'm sitting here with two water bottles next to me and a glass of chocolate almond milk. Guess which one I'm actually drinking though :wink: 
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    dmontgodmontgo member
    @phoenix870509 I get my water from the fridge, so it was cold when I would drink it, but when DH made it he put the cubes in there...and magically I wanted it. Probably because I didn't have to do the work myself. :O ;)

Almond milk is awesome. I live regular chocolate milk but uh, tummy does not!
  • Options
    cgss11cgss11 member
    Ice cold water through a straw always seems to go better for me. 

I like sparkling waters too but can only have one a day, or they seem to turn me off.
  • Options
    LushCLushC member
    I've been able to tolerate lemon/peppermint tea. I mean it's a glass of water before you add the tea bag so it should totally count right lol 
  • Options
    @LushC tea ALWAYS counts!
    Married 4/12/13
    Anniversary
    TTC since 6/13
    SURPRISE! BFP 3/8/18
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    I use mio in my water! It makes it much easier to drink bottle after bottle :)
  • Options
    Water drops, raspberry lemonade, and la croix mixed with sugar free cranberry juice. Coffee makes me nauseous so I'll drink Dr Pepper in really exhausting days. 
    November D16  Siggy Challenge-Thanksgiving Fails

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    JEM525JEM525 member
    Just started this trick, one cup frozen strawberries, one table spoon lime juice, a squeez of local hunny and blend with water. Delicious! 
  • Options
    I've been drinking water like crazy! I've found using this OXO bottle with a retractable straw really helps me. Something about the straw...also makes it easy to drink water while laying down in bed haha. I've been drinking about 1700ml a day. I try to drink one full bottle before lunch, one after and one when I get home. Setting a goal like that has also helped a lot. I've actually completely stopped drinking things with bubbles. I just get way too gassy and burpy.
  • Options
    R0824HR0824H member
    I use lemon juice, I cant do plain water :| and like PPs have said, Gatorade, gingerale. Can you stomach watermelon??
    TT#1 July 2015
    BFP#1 & MC:August 2015 
    BFP: #2 10/01/2015 MC: 10/09/2015   BFP #3: 12/22/2015 @ 5 weeks  MC/CP: 12-23-2015
    Fertility Appointment: Feb 23/16, Hysteroscopy 03/02/2016,
    BFP #4: 03/31/16 EDD 12/01/2016 

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    DiFazette said:
    This made me LOL, because I think the same thing...especially with their sweet tea! Even Gatorade I don't want to risk all the sugar.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Married DH: 4/7/2012 
    TTC: 2/3/2016 (Me: 31yrs  DH: 35yrs)
    BFP: 4/10/2016
    EDD: 12/18/16
    Kaynen Alexander born 12/6/16 via c-section (bicornate uterus/breech)