Trouble TTC

Menopur success and hypothalamic amenorrhea

Hello ladies! I have HA and this is my third round of injectables. I used follistim for the first 2 and ended of overstimulating on both of them with a bunch of follicles, but my estrogen never went above 30. I suggested menopur before the start of the third round and they agreed. I stimmed for 14 days on menopur. They started me on 75 units and slowly worked me up to 150. My estrogen finally responded a week ago and went to 50 (that was huge for me). I stayed on the same dose and 4 days ago my estrogen went to 200, with a lining of 6 and a lead follicle of 14. I stayed on the 150 units until yesterday when I went in for an ultrasound. Waiting for the call was torture. My doc finally called and told me my estrogen was 600!, my lining was 11, and my lead follicle was 17 and I had 2 smaller ones at 15. I triggered last night and BD'd last night and will again tonight and tomorrow. Any success stories in this 2 week wait? I am going to go crazy! Is there anything you guys suggest I do or don't do? Can I still run a little, drink wine, etc?

Re: Menopur success and hypothalamic amenorrhea

• Hello!! While I don't have good advice for that to do/not do I just wanted to say good luck and it's great news when your body seems to be cooperating. Hope your stay is short!
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • edited May 2016
    Hello and welcome!  That sounds like a recipe for success to me!  The TWW can seem like an eternity.  If you would like, come on over to the 'infertility' forum and join our 'beta testing may 15-28' thread, or even May IUI thread and hang out with those of us on similar cycles!  I know you aren't doing IUI, but there are many on similar TI cycles as you!  This community definitely helps get me through the TWW!  My test date is the 23rd :)

Edited to add that I personally avoid all alcohol during my TWW, limit my caffeine intake to one cup of coffee a day (I usually drink 2), and go a little easy on the exercise and heavy lifting.  I feel like even though those things may be okay, I feel better about avoiding and knowing for sure that my body remains as healthy as possible.  Good luck!
    ***BFP & Child Warning***

Me: 34, DH: 38 ~ TTC since 2014
    IUI #1-3 (Nov 2015, Feb 2016, May 2016) = BFNs
    IVF ER (July 2016) = 7 PGS normal embryos
    FET #1 (Sept 2016) = BFP! DD born 5/30/17
    FET #2 (April 2019) = BFN
    FET #3 (July 2019) = BFP! DS born 3/27/20
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you so much!
  • I noticed there is someone on the BFP hall of fame with your condition too! 
    TTC since May 2013
    Mild PCOS, Compound Heterozygous MTHFR
    No Folic acid/pharmaceuticals/supplements (too many to list- private message me if interested), IVIL infusion
  • where is that?!
  • It's at the top of every TTTC Check-In thread. There is one each week. Here is last week's TTTC Checkin 05/10/2016

Me 34 DH 36 Married since July 2010 
    MFI (High DNA Fragmentation) & Mild endometriosis
    TTC #1 since June 2015 
    Aug 2016 - May 2017  6 IUI's with letrozole - BFN
    April 2017 - laparoscopy to remove mild endo
    June 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU - Cancelled early ovulation, no eggs retrieved. 
    Aug/Sept 2017 - Mini IVF letrozole 12.5mg, Gonal-F 75IU, cetrotide - 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature
    5 eggs ICSI'd 6 eggs frozen - 1 day 5 blast transfered, 2 expanded blast frozen - BFP!
    May 2018 - Baby girl born - Our Joy

TTC #2 since July 2019
    July 2019 - FET - BFN
    Jan 2020 - FET - canceled due to family health issues
    Mar 2020 - FET - low beta - chemical pregnancy
    July 2020 - ICSI'd remaining 6 eggs - 3 fertilized - 2 survived to early blast stage, transfered both - Chemical Pregnancy

• I'm not as advanced as you - as my doc hasn't dx'd me with HA. But I'm starting to think this is the case for me. I'm hypothyroid (thyroid-less that is) and just dx'd with PCOS a few months ago. Was put on Provera and finished my 10 days of 10mg three weeks ago and no AF. My doctor just says hang tight and I'm getting very anxious.

how did you get dx'd with HA? I'd love to hear your whole story. Here, or in a PM.

good luck and baby dust!!!*
    <3 Me: 28 DH: 29
    <3 Married since 2012 dating since 2005.
    <3 Golden Retriever girls (8) and (3), orange feral rescue tabby (1).

Finally TTC#1 as of 11/2017!
    Thryoidectomy 2007, PCOS, disordered proliferative endometrium.
  • my estrogen was below 20 and i didn't respond to the prover challenge, which is supposed to bring on a period. I hadn't gotten my period in more than 2 years. I do have a history of over exercising and anorexia.
  • Interesting. That is definitely not my case since I am about 30 lbs overweight. But because of the no thyroid factor I'm hoping it's HA and not the other things that can be wrong when you don't respond to the provera challenge (obstruction/blockage in the nether regions or premature ovarian failure)

I really hope what you're doing now works for you!
    <3 Me: 28 DH: 29
    <3 Married since 2012 dating since 2005.
    <3 Golden Retriever girls (8) and (3), orange feral rescue tabby (1).

Finally TTC#1 as of 11/2017!
    Thryoidectomy 2007, PCOS, disordered proliferative endometrium.
  • thank you so so much, i hope so to! i have one more week till my beta!