October 2016 Moms

Symptoms Thread 05.09.16

Re: Symptoms Thread 05.09.16

• aligalig member
    Belly heartbeat is soooo weird! Sometimes I swear I hear it in my ears from my brain or like my neck...

I also just can't do words anymore.... my sentences don't make sense and I can't think of annnnny of the words I need to articulate ever :(
  • Gas. Boogars galore. Upper back pain in my "problem spot" that developed during my pregnancy with DS (10 weeks earlier than it happened with him). Huge boobs with dinner plate areolas. Horrible acid reflux (i have GERD anyways but it is amplified now). I get out of breath really easily despite being relatively fit. And the gagging still persists several times a day, at random, without any nausea or warning...Just a quick gag or two and I'm good for a bit. So weird!
    BabyGaga
  • Loading the player...
  • KaessiKaessi member
    klv said:
    Snot: my nose is constantly stuffed up. 

Pee: I am pretty sure this baby has my bladder in a constant bear hug. No joke I got up 6 times last night to pee. 

Stretching!!! The sides of my abs just below my ribs are so sore! The worst is when I yawn! I feel like my sides are going to split apart!
    @klv I have developed weird bruising on both sides of my abs, right under my ribs. I assume it's from stretching but am not really sure? Really strange!

Also, my nose is growing!! Ok, so maybe not "growing" but definitely swollen. Feels like when I have a cold & have blown it non-stop. Feels kind of numb. DH keeps making fun of me because I keep reaching up to touch it.

In addition...I broke my tailbone about 10 years ago & I don't know what's going on, but it HURTS! Almost as bad as when I first broke it. Any amount of sitting is driving me insane. I Had a work trip this week & had to drive for 10 hours...thought I was going to die! And then sit in meetings all day on top of that. Need some kind of relief for this!
  • @Kaessi my OB told me that the extra weight and things growing/shifting around could actually push your tailbone out of wack. Not sure if that's what's going on, but you might want to ask. He indicated sometimes PT is needed to realign it.
    BFP#1: 2/10/16
    EDD: 10/19/16

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Last night was the first night I remembered to stay off my back while sleeping. So of course both my hips hurt this morning.  :#

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015

• Ugh I too have the nose thing. Then all the drainage overnight upsets my stomach, so I'm throwing up bile every other day on top of my regular morning sickness. Where is this glowing I've been promised, I think it got lost on its way...

On the positive front, my boobs aren't killing me anymore! The growth seems to have slowed down, fortunately. 

On the negative, the gas is real and it is deadly. Omg how embarrassing, especially since I'm constantly on the move and interacting with people at work. 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • LGW2015LGW2015 member
    @krzyriver same thing happened to me! Pillow between the knees is a life saver!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @supernerd42 I'm trying to lay off onions and garlic bc the gas gets even worse. poor dh 
  • afry613afry613 member
    The heart palpitations are very real and scary. I woke up out of breathe with my heart beating out of my chest... I felt like I had a heart attack
  • Im posting to see if anyone has had this issue in previous pregnancies or currently because it's not the "norm". When I was pregnant with my DS (who is now 8) I had severe pain/dull ache/throbbing/numbness at times in my right upper abdomen that radiated to my back and sometimes affects my right shoulder. Picture the area right where the rib cage kind of curves and then ends. With him it started at about 6-7 months but I'm having it already with this one at 17 weeks! I went to my OB on Friday and she said well that's right where your liver is, did they do anything last time around? Nope I got an explanation of "you have a small frame it's baby pushing on things" and had to deal with the pain for three straight months. My OB did blood work to check my liver Friday and hopefully I get that back soon. I'm I that weird spot where obviously I don't want my liver to have issues but I would like to know WHY I'm in such pain and what can be done because this will be too much for 5 months more or so!

Im trying not to google and freak myself out!
  • @LGW2015 You know, someone did tell me to do that but I didn't remember why. Lol. Thank you!! I will definitely try that tonight!

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• What is everyone's experience with the whole milk production sensation/symptom thing?? I'm a FTM and a handful of times a week I get a feeling like I'm being slowly poked with a needle from the inside of a boob. Random locations, rarely the nipple though, and only lasts a few seconds. It was kind of painful at first but now I'm getting used to it. Just seeing if it's a "all boobs are different" thing or if it's unheard of and I should ask the doc?
  • Anyone experiencing RLP more intensely while you pee and just after you pee? My RLP comes and goes any other time, but I swear, sometimes I don't know if I'm gonna make it up off the toilet! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not when I pee @CopperBoom86 , but I had my first bout of really achey persistent RLP last Sunday after I worked out.  It was awful!

My current no-fun symptom is back pain. :(  I'm already uncomfortable.  Can't imagine it getting worse as I get bigger!
  • MKJeffrey2002MKJeffrey2002 member
    edited May 2016
    What is everyone's experience with the whole milk production sensation/symptom thing?? I'm a FTM and a handful of times a week I get a feeling like I'm being slowly poked with a needle from the inside of a boob. Random locations, rarely the nipple though, and only lasts a few seconds. It was kind of painful at first but now I'm getting used to it. Just seeing if it's a "all boobs are different" thing or if it's unheard of and I should ask the doc?
    I bf'd DS 10 years ago and don't know if I'm remembering the feeling  correctly, but Im pretty sure I'm feeling the let down sensation. Nothing painful for me but mostly fullness.  I feel like  if I pumped I would express milk but I haven't tried.  

Edited to add AGO after 10 years lol
  • Yes to the RLP and peeing @CopperBoom86. It's a terrible feeling!  

• F47F47 member
    @kaessi I broke my tailbone as a kid and when I was pregnant with DS it killed. I had to start standing at my desk at work. And just laying on my side on the couch in the evening. It sucked. 

It's starting to act up again already, so I know it's coming. It did get back to normal after baby, so there's a silver lining... 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • @CopperBoom86 I am there with you on the RLP while peeing. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • KaessiKaessi member
    @f47 Today I rigged up my own "ergonomic" station at my desk so I could stand up & work. Put my keyboard & mouse on an upside down file box & tilted my monitors up. Seemed to work! I'm sorry you're suffering too, this is not fun!
  • All the fucking feels... I'm not "crying", but I feel on the verge of crying, then I'm angry, then I'm sad again, then life is absolutely BEAUTIFUL, then I hate the world, then I just want a hug, then I'm sad again, then I'm totally okay, etc. etc. 

I keep feeling like FI is being an asshole, but I'm not even sure if he really is, or if I'm just being hormonal, or if I AM the one being an asshole, I really hate this stage of pregnancy. Hands down worst symptom ever. I'd take hemorrhoids and vomiting over this anyday. I just want to feel sane...
  • @AllyTheKid I'm the same, but it's my son not my husband that takes the brunt of it. I feel like he's constantly got an attitude with me. I mean he's definitely got his moments because he's 15, but even when it's something little that isnt worth arguing over, I blow up at him. Today was a beautiful sunny day, which usually helps, so I apologized and made it up to him. He's pretty chill about it thankfully. I don't think I would have been at that age. Lol

Tonight's irritating symptom: dry, itchy skin! I'm going crazy!!

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• I'm getting on and off pressure behind my belly button. Anyone else?

Me: 32 & DH: 37
    Married: November 2014
    TTC #1 Since: October 2015
    BFP #1: 11/18/15 - CP
    BFP #2: 2/8/16 - EDD 10/20/16
    IT'S A BOY!!!!
    DS Born 10/16/16

• LGW2015LGW2015 member
    @CopperBoom86 YES! I was going to post about this. It is SO bad! Especially when I have a full bladder and I start peeing, I cramp up ridiculously and then sometimes when i go to stand I have to just stay there for a minute because the pain is so bad!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @AllyTheKid I'm sorry. Not want you want to be dealing with right now. I hope you get a chance to talk to him about it and that he listens. *Hugs*

#3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014

• @krzyriver Thanks, hoping it will blow over soon. 
  • @AllyTheKid All of these things. I'm really glad you posted this, because I'm feeling like a crazy person. I know I'm less reasonable than normal, but DH is not handling it well, and in turn being more of an asshat than normal. It's a vicious cycle.

Also, this week I feel like there's not enough room in my body. Everything feels full and tight, and I'm constantly worried I'm squishing the baby just by sitting normally. So there you go - more crazy.
    BFP#1: 2/10/16
    EDD: 10/19/16

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Where is yalls RLP located? I doubled over going to walk up the stairs today in excruciating pain. It is on my right side right under my rib cage. More to the side than toward my uterus, unless my uterus is over there too? All I know, is that it feels like a pulled muscle but also feels like I'm dying and the babies are causing something bad. I told my doc this morning and she just said "Tylenol." 

So - anyone else have pain in that area? Is that too high for RLP? Could it be a pulled or strained muscle? It pretty much hurts every time I move. 
  • LGW2015LGW2015 member
    @sjo&thetwins I get the same thing, it's SO weird. I get RLP in my lower abdomen but sometimes I get really bad pain up higher on my left side, right below my ribs. I chalk it up to my muscles freaking out.

I also feel like as soon as I eat a meal, I am SO uncomfortable and huge and even just sitting feels like everything is getting squished between my boobs and pelvis. It sucksssss and I'm sure it's just going to get worse.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My symphysis pubic dysfunction is coming back, I can feel it.  :'(

• Probably TMI

So I'm 20 wks tomorrow and I have no desire to have sex. When we do have sex it seems impossible to get aroused and I feel really swollen.... like its uncomfortable to have sex. We have never had a problem with lubricant, just a bit of spit tended to get the job done, but lubricants are super hard to find here and I'm thinking that is the only solution? Thoughts? Or anyone else to co-miserate? 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • @kmolleltz Yes, I've had the same problem!  Things feel very different down there, and sex can be uncomfortable.  It takes me a lot longer to get aroused than usual, and when I do there is less lubrication.  It was awkward, but DH and I talked about it so he knows that it's going to take longer for me to get into it.  I didn't want him to feel like he was doing something wrong, because all of the things that usually work were just not having the same effect.  Also, I don't know if this is an option, but when we were on our babymoon the hotel had a huge bathtub, and that really worked well  ;)

So far I'm feeling like this whole increased sex drive in the second trimester thing is a total lie...  I think that body image and feeling physically uncomfortable are playing a role too, but I also think a lot of it is just a pregnancy side effect.
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    Married: May 2015
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• Is anyone else dealing with random shakiness? Like out of nowhere, my hands keep starting to shake really badly. Sometimes it comes with sweating/feeling weird, sometimes it's just the hands. It goes away pretty quickly, but it's enough that I just spilled tea all over my shirt trying to take a sip.
  • Swollen ankles?! Already?? Noticed them last night, all puffed up... Hoping it was due to being outside and warm all day (company picnic) and eating extra junk. Going to add on more water and try to elevate when I can. I was counting on summer dresses and cute flats/sandals to get me through the summer...not going to be cool if I can't jam my puffy ankles into them!! 
  • Is this terrible cold a symptom? Idk but I'm pretty miserable! 
    Me:33
    DH: 34
    Married: May 2011
    TTC #1: May 2015
    DS: 10/20/2016
    TTC #2: June 2019
    #2 EDD: 2/20/2020
  • @ibabyloveb87 I feel you, for the past few days I've having a cold or allergies (I haven't figured out which yet).  I know logically that it's not really that bad, but I'm so sick of not feeling fully functional.  I've been so tired and lazy in the evenings, I've just been a blob on the couch and then I go to bed early.  I hate this!  Where is this alleged 2nd tri energy boost?
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• von1976von1976 member
    Spider veins. I has them.  And yes, I wear compression socks at work. My legs are hideous.

Anniversary

Baby GIRL born 9/16/201
    BFP! EDD 8/1/2019 CP 4w2d

• Anyone feel like they have been kicked in the crotch or spent a week riding a horse or something?  My whole area down there feels constantly bruised for the last few days!
    1 chemical and 1 loss at 9 weeks prior to DS
    IVF #1 1/10-transfered 2 blasts- DS born 10/2010

Trying for # 2 since 2012.  2 failed FETS 1 failed IUI.
    IUI#2 4/14/14-- BFP !!!!! Beta #1 14dpiui= 45 Beta #2 16dpiui= 80  Beta #3 18dpiui= 88 (chemical pregnancy)
    March 2015- Chemical pg

1/25/16- BFP  Beta1 12dpo = 17, Beta 2 14 dpo = 28.. resulted in one beautiful boy born 9/21/16 :)

Now I'm a stay at home loving life and pursuing my love of photography!!!
  • WTF to having no energy at all this week.  I feel like I'm back in the first trimester!  I'm not sure if it's because of this cold/allergies I've had or just another pregnancy phase, but lately as soon as work is done all I can do is lay on the couch all night and then go to bed early and wake up still feeling tired.   I'm so frustrated with myself!  Also, I am eternally hungry lately.  
    Me (28) & DH (29)
    BFP 1/24/16 EDD 10/4/16
    It's a boy!

• brzvicebrzvice member
    Heartburn & indigestion , pollen allergies I never had until now that i'm pregnant, dizziness when lying on back, feeling hot and clamey and needing a wet rag on my head at night, sex dreams about men that are not my husband, constipation, random nosebleeds and hormonal crying. Can anyone say hot mess?
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker