3rd Trimester

Yoga Ball

Just wanted to talk about joys of the yoga ball through out my pregnancy and beyond. During pregnancy it helped my back aches. During early labor it helped my 16 hour 2-3 min long contractions and now I use it to bounce baby to sleep. This is also nice to save my nipple from being used for soothing. It will also help me beyond. I'm am so thankful for this less than $20 tool. If you don't have one yet, consider it a tool for soothing, especially for natural laboring. Peace and love

Re: Yoga Ball

• I'm writing you in 3rd trimester so if you don't have one yet..consider it my honey bees
  • Loading the player...
  • I am a C/S mom and I love my in 3rd tri. Does this mean I can't use it.
  • Guess I can't use the birthing ball they provide in all our labor rooms since I plan on having an epidural!

also @ecwk dying! I love that gif! 
  • Why is there so much snark my god. She was simply saying how amazing it is and if you plan on having a "natural" or "unmedicated" labor it is especially helpful for that since you have no other way of taking away or dealing with the pain. Never once did she say or imply that you couldn't use it if you were planning on receiving an epidural. It's so sad to see people full of such negativity. 
  • @BrunetteBabe722 okay time to chill because all that happened was informing someone about a negative term she used. 

Correct she didnt "directly" state anything wrong with having a medicated birth but by using the term "natural" she implied that anything other than an unmedicated birth is unnatural. You need to lighten up and maybe actually add something beneficial instead of unnecessary white knighting. 
  • @Backbypopulardemand but she didn't imply that just by using the term "natural" I just think people need to stop attacking and being snarky every chance they get, it's pretty sad. Also, the comments above added something beneficial right? Yeah ok. Have a nice day :) 
  • Why is there so much snark my god. She was simply saying how amazing it is and if you plan on having a "natural" or "unmedicated" labor it is especially helpful for that since you have no other way of taking away or dealing with the pain. Never once did she say or imply that you couldn't use it if you were planning on receiving an epidural. It's so sad to see people full of such negativity. 
    It's because of how she said it. There was no need to add anything about natural or unmedicated birth at all. Unless you haven't realized, these boards are full of snark everywhere!! You can just pop in to say hey, what's up y'all? And you'll still get snark. People need thicker skin and a sense of humor these days apparently..... 
    Since when are rude remarks and passive aggressive comments towards someone suppose to be funny? I have a sense of humor, but not for people who try to come off funny by being mean. 
  • Bye felicia 
  • I'll definitely try the ball since I've been having bad back and hip pain (31 weeks). I can see where they were going since if you have an epidural you're basically numb from the waist (if not chest) down, doctors probably wouldn't suggest you do it unless it was a walking epidural. I think we can all agree on the fact it could be a great method to use if you are in a situation to use it, otherwise it doesn't apply to you and there are other options, that's what's great about medical developement!
  • I'll definitely try the ball since I've been having bad back and hip pain (31 weeks). I can see where they were going since if you have an epidural you're basically numb from the waist (if not chest) down, doctors probably wouldn't suggest you do it unless it was a walking epidural. I think we can all agree on the fact it could be a great method to use if you are in a situation to use it, otherwise it doesn't apply to you and there are other options, that's what's great about medical developement!
    The argument was never the validity of when and how to use it was more about the terms being used to describe the two types of labors :) 
  • edited May 2016
    If you're not hanging from a low limb from a tree you're not doing natural birth correctly because gravity.

DH 30 Me 29
    Married May 16th 2015
    EDD July 1st 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker

July BMB June Siggy 

• Eta, I am no woman's honey bee. 

DH 30 Me 29
    Married May 16th 2015
    EDD July 1st 2016
    Pregnancy Ticker

July BMB June Siggy