TTC after 35
Options

TWW May 9-15!!

Tell us how many DPO you are, what you're doing/not doing this month, when/if you'll test, and symptoms that have you wondering if this is THE month! If you haven't already made a separate intro, please first do so in a separate discussion thread so we can get to know you! Good luck!
Me: 39 SO: 36

Dx: low progesterone, possible DOR - officially "unexplained"

TTC#1 since November 2015
9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN
1/21/2017 Clomid/IUI#3 - BFN
March 2017 IVF: BFP! (beta#1 191, beta#2 378!) - it's a boy! DS born 12/6/2017

TTC #2 since July 2018
May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: TWW May 9-15!!

• Options
    I'm currently 7 DPO.  I finally got the OPK to work for me, plus O was confirmed by the RE.  We BD'd every day for a week, we both started taking CoQ10 in addition to my prenatals, I drank some pomegranate juice but it's not that great and pricey so didn't buy more when I ran out, also started eating pineapple two days ago with the core included as it's supposed to help with implantation.  I had/have a major sore throat starting last night.  My crazy googling led me to see some people do experience cold symptoms in early pregnancy, but I guess I won't hold my breath that this is a sign.  I also had significant queefing during the night last night.  Also major gas two nights in a row (but had stomach issues yesterday so I'll attribute it to that).  Do any of these add up to possible signs?  Probably not, but of course any strange thing is going to be noticed during this crazy time.  We are extremely hopeful...we really tried the best we ever had, and feel like we are on the right path of trying at the right time of the month.

Good luck to everyone this month!!!!
    Me: 41
    Husband: 40
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
    Unexplained Infertility - Trying naturally
  • Options
    VastraVastra member
    Should O today/tomorrow, then let the tww (and the bsc) begin! This month I switched from the Clear Blue regular OPK to the advanced, and I seem not to have hit peak yet. Today is CD 16, so should be tonight or tomorrow. I promise myself every month that I won't test until AF is at least a day late, but I have yet to hold myself to that! And @jennh75b , I hear ya- I read into absolutely everything my body does during the tww (look! a zit! THIS MEANS SOMETHING!) Good luck! 
    Married: 2011
    TTC #1: 3/2016
    Me 39 - DH 44
    BFP 5/27/16 EDD 1/30/17
    DD born 2/3/17
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I think I'm a little late to the game here but I am legitimately at a loss haha. Also, I'm sorry if this isn't exactly the right spot for this post...it was the one I thought made the most sense.

Sooo, I am on CD 32, and 15 DPO. AF was supposed to show yesterday on 14 DPO (I am very regular) so I tested first thing yesterday morning and nothing. I stared at that silly little single line for a minute and threw it away (then picked it out of the garbage a few minutes later just to be sure- still BFN).

I really started feeling things around 9 or 10 DPO.

Symptoms:

- Extreme fatigue which initially I thought was from my underperforming adrenal glands but my naturopath confirmed that my adrenal numbers were much better than several months ago so that wouldn't be the reason for being so damn sleepy. Still SO.FREAKING.TIRED.

-Weird little cramping in lower abdomen- sort of like AF cramps but really, really mild. This is unusual for me. These went on and off for several days right up to 14 DPO

-Get this, diarrhea AND constipation- varying literally from one day to the next- not entirely uncommon though as I have IBS but this was a little uncalled for I'd say.

- Aches in my lower back. Again, went on and off for several days

- Mood swings...but, this is weird. Instead of being cranky or sad like I usually get before AF, I was more like...Happy? Elated? Strangely at peace? Even at work!! Really strange as my job generally has me feeling agitated lol. Only just yesterday have I felt more weepy and moody.

-Started feeling unwell in the late afternoons/evenings. Headachy, not nauseous or queasy but just unsettled. Also, I felt like I was running a low grade fever (I never checked to actually see if my temperature was higher). Felt little aches in my knees and wrists.

-Increased CM..TMI, sorry folks. There was plenty right from after O-day and after we, ya know Now it's kinda watery/creamy and ok, TMI again, now I can FEEL it, down there. I've been dashing to the ladies room, anxious to see if AF arrived. Nope.

- Sore BOOBS! I was at first a little concerned because they had felt very normal up until 11 DPO. Then they started to feel a little tender, then they felt really tender. Then they GREW...OMG did they ever get big for a couple days (My BF loved it til I told him for the love of god don't touch them!!!) The girls WILL get tender before AF but they have never had that kind of size increase and not this close to the arrival of dear auntie F. Currently they still feel bigger than usual and a touch sore but the left one seems to have "deflated" a little bit haha.

Now, it seems that almost all my symptoms have vanished, WTH?!? I would understand if AF decided to show, but not even the slightest, teensiest, tiniest, little smudge.

I'm so confused. If my period shows up I am legit going to lose my mind...putting my mind and body through this torture. I suppose, I'm still ok until AF actually does show up though, right? Right???

WHAT IS EVEN GOING ON RIGHT NOW?!?!?!?!

• Options
    Thanks @Vastra!  Good luck to you!

Actually @JenLMac1988 - this board is for TTC for those who are 35+...from reading a post of yours from January you are only 28, so maybe this isn't the best spot for your update.  We also prefer you to introduce yourself in a separate post before posting in these types of threads.  Sorry if I sound harsh...just stating the facts.

TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • Options
    Liss_37Liss_37 member

morning ladies

CD: 24, DPO: 11

Timing, Great. -4, -2, -1, O

I tested this morning and the test was questionable at best. I saw a line within 15 minutes but it was barely there and 15 minutes is outside the window they recommend to look so who the heck knows. I'm going to wait a few more days to test again.

Today is my 37th birthday, so it would have been nice, but I'm going to enjoy the day regardless!

Symptoms: ridiculous amounts of creamy CM ever since CD 4. Hasn't stopped. A few times I've had to run to the bathroom thinking AF came early.

Today I have a sore back and some abdominal aching. Kind of feels like AF symptoms, but no spotting yet. Typically I spot around 6 DPO and this time I didn't, so FX crossed it'll all work out!

Good luck to you ladies as well!!!

Me: 37
    DH: 36
    Married: 08-25-07
    DS: 11-20-09

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Name change alert: Formerly Lisswastaken

• Options
    Happy Birthday, @lisswastaken!!!!!!  Are you doing anything special today/this week?  

That sounds really promising nonetheless that you saw a faint line.  I rarely test b/c AF always comes, but when I have, I have looked back after it's already in the garbage and never ever saw a faint line.  I am hoping you get a BFP for your birthday, even if it's a late one!!!!!
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • Options
    Lu19Lu19 member
    Not in TWW, but lurking. Rooting for you ladies, GL and everything crossed! Happy birthday @lisswastaken! All those symptoms sounding good :)  Agree @jennh75b, if PP is 28 best board for her would likely be TTGP, hope she reads the newbie thread before jumping in... on some these boards you get FLAMED (with images and all!) for going off etiquette - I've noticed not so much here, which is one of the things I really like about this board - so much less intimidating. 
  • Options
    Liss_37Liss_37 member

Thanks so much ladies!! it's so hard because I feel like if you look hard enough you'll see a line regardless and I don't want to drive myself crazy about it. (but of course I will hahaha) I'm at work today but going out for dinner with my family tonight. Nothing much else planned. I'm seeing Carrie Underwood on the 28th and that's my bday present :)

I'll keep you updated!!

• Options
    I just had to update because I have never had this...very light spotting and some cramps today 8DPO, AF not due for 8-9 more days. This is the first time I feel like I have a somewhat legit/tangible symptom. I'm trying not to get too excited. 
    TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • Options
    aim22aim22 member
    I don't post a lot but thought I'd join in - I really thought last month was our month but nope..so AF is about to end then we are back at trying. New this month I'm going to use ovulation tests to make sure we're focusing on the right days - before I was using an App on my phone. I also need to be more consistent with my pre-natal vitamins. Good luck everyone!
  • Options
    Lurking, I'm CD16 and no O pain yet, so not quite in the TWW 

@lisswastaken sounds like you may be our BFP this time! I have definitely fished tears out of the garbage (pretty much every time I test...) and never, ever had a faint anything, so I think maybe you just tested a little early? Keeping my fingers crossed!! 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    May 2019 IVF #2: BFP! (beta#1 346, beta#2 646) - vanishing twin at 8 weeks. Baby B still going strong - due 2/8/20!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    KT&JohnKT&John member
    @lisswastaken fx crossed for you! Sounds like you may have your BFP!
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Options
    Liss_37Liss_37 member
    thanks for the well wishes! i was going to test this morning with my last FRER but of course I woke up an hour earlier than my normal time and had to pee so bad that I didn't even think of it. So I decided to wait one more day and test with my FMU tomorrow.  Good luck to all of you!! 

• Options
    @lisswastaken FX this is your month! I have to agree with others that I've never had the faint line so here's hoping!!!
  • Options
    Okay so I have taken a few days off posting on the TWW because I didn't want to go BSC quite yet so I thought staying distracted a few days might help lol. Also, I had my annual gyn appointment yesterday, which for those that missed it, was important for me to establish care since we moved here from NY this year. Anyway, appt went well, she wasn't positive or negative about my nearly 42 age but counseled me to see an RE after two more months ( since DH leaves in 2 weeks for the summer that means call dr in October if not pregnant by then). I was wondering does anyone know if Pap smear could impact early pregnancy just in case I am? Hope not...

i forgot got to say I am on CD21 today, 8 DPO. For the first cycle EVER I can say that, and that feels so good! I used the ClearBlue that gives your 4 most fertile days and it worked great! Our timing was good: -2,-1,0,+1. Dr said to estimate for next cycle (end of summer in our case) and try to add a day earlier and a day later, in case that's helpful to anyone else. We go on vacation Saturday for a week so I won't bring tests with me. Will see how that goes. Distraction is key. I feel so much calmer about the whole thing this month, just excited for some quality family time before DH leaves.
  • Options
    @jennh75b I just read your post and realized we are just one day apart on this fun waiting game, haha! Thinking of you and hope you get that BFP!
  • Options
    Liss_37Liss_37 member
    hey guys, this morning is CD 26 and 13DPO. I tested with FMU and got a very white BFN. I know I'm not out until AF comes (Due on Monday) but I'm pretty disappointed to put it mildly. After the questionable tests I thought for sure I would get my BFP today. I'm not going to test anymore this cycle unless AF hasn't arrived by Tuesday. 
    thanks for all the FX. Good luck to everyone else!

• Options
    @Momifbysea - cool we are so similar with our cycle!  Glad the OPK worked for you.  I have no clue if it would be bad to have a pap during your TWW?  Good question!  Good luck to you!

@Lisswastaken - so sorry it's not looking favorable for you, but I'm still holding out hope for you!!!!

@aim22 - good luck to you!  I hope you find the OPK works well for you and it gets you on the right track.  

I had more light brown mucus yesterday and more cramping yesterday, almost was going to use a liner but I think it's over.  Definitely different feeling than when I get cramps for AF, there was sort of a sharpness to it.  I've had a cold this week and I've not been taking anything other than Tylenol and it really sucks!!!  I had a really intense, acid-trip like dream yesterday when I was napping that I was pregnant.  Not that I saw myself pregnant in the dream, but this weird writing in the sky was like swirling dots and the word "Yes" kept appearing and then the swirls were a trail left there by a sperm and then the sperm turned into a pregnancy test wand and the word "Yes" was written over it and I kept saying "Yes" very joyfully.  If that doesn't make one BSC, I don't know what will.  

I told H about the cramping and spotting and what it could mean, I never know whether to bring him into my BSC brain or not, but I usually don't for all of my other "imagined" symptoms.  I don't think he's reading too much into at this point, just asked me when AF was due, I guess so he will know when I will test.

TTC#1 since 9/2014
  • Options
    @jennh75b you had a HSG right? Lots of ladies get their BFP following HSG, so maybe the acid-trip dream means something! Fx! 

@lisswastaken sorry about the bfn after the squinter, still not out though! 

I'm supposed to be 3 DPO, but not totally sure, I had my O pains on both sides this time, one day apart and only for about 1 hour each (usually I have 1-2 whole days of O pain), I'm going to chalk it up to the HSG maybe changing things this month? That or those weren't O pains and I'm going to ovulate late again this month. 

Trying hard to be cautiously positive this month due to the increased chances with the HSG, but I seem to either get stuck in negative land or crazy-town....middle ground is so hard to stick to! 

i did start drinking pomegranate juice (I mix it with a fizzy lime water to make it tastier and because it's expensive! And to cut down the sugar content) and am trying to add yoga on a regular basis to combat stress (we are doing some reno on our house). I finally closed on my house in Portland, and since everything that could have gone wrong did - that's a lot of stress gone! 

Hoping we we get some BFPs this month!! I have a good feeling that we will :) 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Momifbysea I'm not a substitute for your GYN, but I don't think having a Pap during the TWW would make any difference. A Pap is just taking cells from the bottom of the cervix, and implantation would be waaaaay up in the uterus (same if they also performed a manual/finger exam which can't go any higher than the cervix, I do both of these when I do these on patients). 
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • Options
    Hi everyone! I'm 10dpo and got a bFN this am. I know I'm not really out till AF shows but I have a strong feeling I am. I feel extra bad bc this is the last cycle to get pregnant before my Husband turns 40. He's had on his vision board first kid by 40 since our wedding 2 years ago. :(@MomifbyseaI also had a pap this month post ovulation. I had quite a bit of spotting too but my OBGyn assured me it wouldn't affect implantation if it was to occur. I had a misscarrage in Jan so I guess my cervix is still sensitive which is why I bled. I've never bled with a pap before. 
  • Options
    Liss_37Liss_37 member
    @poeMasque that juice mix sounds pretty good,  I might have to try it! FX that it works for you! I'm no advice with the pap stuff, cause I always  bleed no matter what. They said I just have a sensitive cervix.  but I can't see it being a problem so early in the game 
    @BaylieGirl sorry about your BFN but never say never. It's still super early. FX that your hubby will get his wish :) 
    As for me, today is CD 28, 15 DPO. 
    AF is "due" tomorrow. As of right now I have no symptoms either way which is odd. If She doesn't show I'll test again Tuesday morn

• Options
    @BaylieGirl if it makes you feel any better about 1/2 of women bleed during a Pap (it's called a "friable cervix") and can happen any time, even if it never happened before. I tell them it's like if you look at it funny it will start to beed some ;-) I'm sorry you are feeling such pressure, but I'm sure he will be understanding if not by his 40th--I loved your comment on another thread about SA being his 40th birthday present! Ha ha!
    Me: 39 DH: 39
    CP 1/25/16 4.5 weeks, developed Graves' disease
  • Options
    Liss_37Liss_37 member

well ladies I POAS this morning at CD 29, and it was BFN. In true TTGP fashion, the AF symptoms came right away. backache, cramps, feeling gross. So I'm out this cycle. I really hope one of you ladies post a great big BFP announcement in here

• Options
    Awww @lisswastaken so sorry to hear :( snuggle up with a glass of wine time :) 

9/16/2016 IUI#1 - BFN
    10/12/2016 IUI#2 - BFN

TTC #2 since July 2018
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    KT&JohnKT&John member
    So sorry about AF @lisswastaken
    Pregnancy Ticker

DD- 9
    DS-6
    c/p- April 2016
    missed m/c- 6w5d; discovered 8w2d- September 2016

• Options
    Liss_37Liss_37 member
    thanks ladies. on ward and upward to the next cycle! 

• Options
    No sorry @lisswastaken. Way to stay positive! I'm not having an easy time with that because not only got a BFN this am I also got laid off from my job. Ugh! Guess the bright side is good thing I'm not pregnant bc I have no idea what's going to happen to my health insurance. Still not going to stop trying for a BFP next month, Job or no Job. I've been trying for a year after finally waiting for the "right time" and now it's so much harder to TTC at 37.