February 2016 Moms
Options

LO keeps knocking bottle

LO is 3 months old now and with each bottle she knocks it. Knocks it out of her mouth, knocks her head or just keeps knocks her bottle. I have tried the next stage nipple thinking she wants a faster flow and well that didn't work. Any suggestions?

Re: LO keeps knocking bottle

• Options
    I have a LO that taps her head with her closed hand when she's really hungry or frantic eating. Are you bottle feeding exclusively? Or breast and bottle? And if you BF, how often are the bottles?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    VkrosaVkrosa member
    Bottle feeding exclusively she drinks 3-6 oz every 3-4 hrs depends on her. I was BF up until a month and a half ago then we started having problems with my milk. I noticed tonight she was trying to sit up while feeding. She was very frustrated and just wanted to sit and feed. It was very uncomfortable for me and she still knocked the bottle not as frequent. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I don't think it would hurt to try a faster flow nipple. I think a lot of the slow-flow recommendations stem from breastfed babies getting too used to a faster flow, then refusing the (slower) breast, which wouldn't be an issue in her case. 

My DD1 was BF at home, bottles while I was at work. She always preferred to sit up a bit when she ate, so maybe it's just a baby preference. Either way, might be worth a shot to see if wanting faster flow is the issue. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker