Options

FFFC

GIve it all ya got!

Anniversary

Re: FFFC

• Options
    meg_2006meg_2006 member
    edited May 2016
    I hate our dog...really I hate all dogs. I let us get one for DS and DH mainly, but she drives me nuts. She's sooooo needy and hyper.  The second I sit on the floor to play with either kid she's in my face/rolling on my lap. Trying to get her collar or leash on is like a WWE match- not because she's doesn't like it, but because she has so much stinkin energy she can't even sit still a few seconds to let me get it on! She's either trying to stand back up and jump or roll around on the floor.  She's a lab/shepherd mix so she's very strong. She needs trained, but DH is too lazy to work with her He doesn't even walk her! I try to get her out when the weather is nice to burn some energy, although it doesn't help much.  And the hair...oh, the hair! I have to vacuum every other day.  Thank goodness she's short haired! She's only 1, so she's still very much puppy. It'll get better, right?

Anniversary

• Options
    If I can get the spot right in front of the door by the pickup station at Starbucks I leave the babies in the car running since it takes longer to unload them then grab my drink. In my defense it takes less then 30 seconds and the car is never out of my line of sight. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I hate Adele. And Beyoncé. (Is this more an UO??)
  • Options
    I have left the baby in the car on the odd occasion - only when its going to take longer to unload her then it is to grab the thing, and only when shes asleep and im parked right by the door. 
  • Options
    I leave DS2 in the car when I pick up DS1 from daycare. I park at the entrance and even though I can't see the car, I'm in and out in less than a minute. It is ridiculous to have to lug that whole thing in just for that.  

Have you seen those old photos from our grandparents' time where they just left all the babies in their buggies outside the store while they shopped? What we're doing isn't that bad! Haha

Anniversary

• Options
    Honestly I'm more concerned about a passerby freaking out and breaking a window or calling 911 while I run in which is the main reason I don't let the car leave my sight. I'd park in other spots since I know they're completely safe and I'm only gone less then a minute but I don't want to have to potentially deal with other people.
  • Options
    smushismushi member
    This is def a UO.Uscdrea05 said:
    I hate Adele. And Beyoncé. (Is this more an UO??)

• Options
    smushismushi member
    I'm with Meg_2006 it's ridiculous but I'm turning into he woman for it.  
  • Options
    chimechime member
    Honestly I'm more concerned about a passerby freaking out and breaking a window or calling 911 while I run in which is the main reason I don't let the car leave my sight. I'd park in other spots since I know they're completely safe and I'm only gone less then a minute but I don't want to have to potentially deal with other people.
    This is my concern too.  Not just with the baby but our dogs too.  I have read articles where a mom has run in to the gas station or daycare and left a sleeping baby in a running car.  She goes back out to find cops by her car and is charged with neglect.  Poor woman had to go to court, CPS threatens to take the child and she ended up getting two years probation.  The article was primarily just this one woman's story but it briefly mentioned multiple other cases as well in which the moms end up with probation and CPS as part of their lives for something like that.

I personally remember being left in the car for an hour+ with my siblings while my mom would go grocery shopping.  It was no big deal.  Nowadays though Im too nervous to walk five feet away from the stroller in a store in fear of some stranger getting their panties all ruffled.
  • Options
    chimechime member
    meg_2006 said:
    I hate our dog...really I hate all dogs. I let us get one for DS and DH mainly, but she drives me nuts. She's sooooo needy and hyper.  The second I sit on the floor to play with either kid she's in my face/rolling on my lap. Trying to get her collar or leash on is like a WWE match- not because she's doesn't like it, but because she has so much stinkin energy she can't even sit still a few seconds to let me get it on! She's either trying to stand back up and jump or roll around on the floor.  She's a lab/shepherd mix so she's very strong. She needs trained, but DH is too lazy to work with her He doesn't even walk her! I try to get her out when the weather is nice to burn some energy, although it doesn't help much.  And the hair...oh, the hair! I have to vacuum every other day.  Thank goodness she's short haired! She's only 1, so she's still very much puppy. It'll get better, right?
    It will get better if she is that young.  Other issues may replace the energy though if training doesn't done, unfortunately.

My issue is the cat.  She antagonizes the dog.  Purposely gets her to chase her.  It never fails that she does this immediately after the baby falls asleep.