February 2016 Moms

The last 10 pounds ....

Are a motherf€÷! Anyone else stuck on the last 10 pounds also? I admittedly don't work out but it's still frustrating. I'm stuck in my maternity pants and I'm so damn tired of them. It seems to be taking longer to lose. This is my 3rd baby.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: The last 10 pounds ....

• jarob747jarob747 member
    edited May 2016
    I have 15 pounds still. I hate it. I dont work out either but I walk some. I bought a bigger size pair of capri's and shorts because I absolutely had to get out of those dang maternity pants. Wish it was easier to lose.I will lose it though.  This is my 2nd baby. 
  • 10 lbs to go here too.  I refuse to buy clothes! Ugh. I'm living in sweats and rotating a few baggy shirts.
  • Loading the player...
  • Are torture! I'd really like to lose another 15. I can't really blame babyweight bc this is pre-baby weight. But it's tough & it sucks! I workout 4 or 5 days a week. I breastfeed. I diet. But can't seem to get below 164 -- insert tears here! 
  • I lost all my baby weight this time, but I still have 20 or more to lose from the last baby! I got down to my pre-pregnancy weight this time in a month, and stopped literally on the number of where I started. Frustrating! I just joined Weight Watchers online last night. It didn't work out for me with BFing last time, but Im hoping it will this time because need to get the scale moving again! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Right there with you!! I lost the first 30 in like 2-3 weeks and have been stuck with this last 10 ever since!! Ughhh. I also am not working out, sooo. I just take walks like 4-5 times a week. 
  • Yup in the same boat as everyone else. 
  • I've still got around 25 to go ;)

I broke down and bought bigger clothes a few weeks ago and it's made me feel better (vs wearing maternity clothes). Hoping that now that I'm back to work I'll get in a better daytime eating routine and can start getting more serious about losing the weight.
  • I'm down to the last 3-5 now, but I was about 10 lbs more than what I had been for years in the months before I got pregnant. Everyone has been saying how small I am, but I'm not there yet. I went shopping Saturday and tried on jeans a size larger than my pre-pregnancy size and they were way too tight . . . I refuse to go up another size though so I didn't buy any. Kinda wanted to cry a little. I have like 2 pairs of regular pants and 2 pairs of maternity pants that fit me and everything else is either too big or too small!
  • Ya I'm about to break down because I'm tired of the 1 pair of pants I have that look ok. I don't want to do it but it's looking like I might have to:(
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I have 5 left that I just cannot get rid of.  I workout hardcore 6 days/week for 60-90 mins, and I try to diet but I'm just so darn hungry between breastfeeding and exercising that I eventually lose my willpower and eat too much.  Sigh.  I know they are slowly coming off but with pools opening in a few weeks it's not fast enough!
  • I'm down 30 pounds, 30 to go. It stinks. 
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Pre-Preg: 140
    Preg: 173
    Current: 155
    What are all you ladies doing to lose it? I've been using MyFitnessPal ap to track food (trying to eat healthy, balanced meals without junk food and sweets). My workouts vary.. Elliptical, walk/jogging with LO in the stroller, circuit training in the living room while LO takes a nap
  • I'm not sure I think I gained 5 lbs from my 10 I wanted to lose.  I just started working out again.  I'm so stiff I haven't had the time to start a routine but I need it for sanity as well as feeling good.  I also have been having a hard time stopping sugar that is my worst enemy, that and gf bagels, I'm celiac is where the 5 lbs came from.  I'm also suppose to stop sugar for other health issues.  I hear you ladies.
  • I used to use loseit.com, they have an app and website.  It's really easy to use and understand with exercise vs calories.
  • Where do you have that much time?  I'd love that!
  • willkcwillkc member
    I'm only about 3 lbs from pre pregnancy weight, but my body is nowhere near looking like it. My stomach is still super flabby and my hips are so much wider. I was going for walks every day, but since going back to work 2 weeks ago there's just no time- I'd rather play with my son for the 3 hours I get him. I'm trying to be kind to myself and just hoping the extra flabbiness will go away eventually. I did give in and buy bigger pants though
  • willkc said:
    I'm only about 3 lbs from pre pregnancy weight, but my body is nowhere near looking like it. My stomach is still super flabby and my hips are so much wider. I was going for walks every day, but since going back to work 2 weeks ago there's just no time- I'd rather play with my son for the 3 hours I get him. I'm trying to be kind to myself and just hoping the extra flabbiness will go away eventually. I did give in and buy bigger pants though
    I can't remember, is this your first? For me, my hips were permanently wider (structurally, not weight-wise) after babies. I don't think it's uncommon. 

• willkcwillkc member
    VitaLuna said:
    willkc said:
    I can't remember, is this your first? For me, my hips were permanently wider (structurally, not weight-wise) after babies. I don't think it's uncommon. 
    Yes, this is my first! I had a feeling that was just kind of the way they were going to be from now on. It's definitely more a structure thing they are just spread apart more now it seems so I'm not sure my old pants will ever fit. Good to know I'm not alone :)
  • 4N6s4N6s member
    Almost 20 for me :(
  • ambdtbambdtb member
    Pre Preg weight= 120
    max Preg weight=155
    current weight = 140

I have been stuck at 140 since about 4 weeks postpartum. I am breast feeding and eating normal - healthy but still some cravings here and there. I am exercising but have not doing hard core working out consistently. Now that  I'm back at work I don't see any hard core exercising fitting in. I do take walks around neighborhood including walking hills.  I have a feeling I need to really pick up the pace and start my tough hot yoga classes regularly and running to shed this weigh.  I just don't see when I will make the time between my work and DH work and taking care of LO! 
    Married 4-27-13
    TTC for 1.5 yrs
    41 yrs old; DH is 37
    April 2014 MC at 9 wks 
    Jan 2015 Clomid, BFN 
    Feb 2015 Clomid, Ovidril, 1st IUI, BFN 
    Mar 2015 Clomid, Ovidril, 2nd IUI, BFN 
    May 2015 1st IVF, 19 follicles, 18 eggs retrieved on May 20, 13 fertilized, transferred 1 Blastocyst on May 25=BFP!; froze 2 Blastocysts
    Full term healthy baby boy born on 2-11-16
    Jan 29, 2018: FET 
    Feb 8. 2018: BFP! :)
    Mar 6: weak heartbeat. :(