November 2016 Moms

Random Thread - Mon-Fri-5/9-13/slash-dash/excessive-description

Re: Random Thread - Mon-Fri-5/9-13/slash-dash/excessive-description

• Who wants to do a private November 16 group? On The Bump - not Facebook. Private groups are unmonitored by BGs. 
    Yes. That. Let's.
    I agree. Let's do it. 
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • Who wants to do a private November 16 group? On The Bump - not Facebook. Private groups are unmonitored by BGs. 
    Yes. That. Let's.
    Yes please. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm into it.
     @KilgraveMadeMeDoIt I'm so sorry. What youre dealing with is so intense. I can relate, not as a mother, but as a sibling and through my work. It's not easy. You're doing a great job just doing your best. 
  • edited May 2016
    Should we wait for a certain amount of love tits as votes for the group before we make one? Or... just go for it? 

Also we can swear with no repercussions in private groups and it's glorious. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Did they mention something in this thread about almost being banned or the bump not banning them after multiple strikes? Maybe the bump gods heard that and investigated more thoroughly. I'm not into censorship so I don't think the quality or content of ones posts should be evaluated to determine a violation. However, I certainly think supposed TOU violations need to be viewed in context. Because their posts did not, in my view, appear to be violations. 
    I'm down!
    Grayson Matthew Due 11/4/16
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

I love this idea! But just as a heads up, when I was lurking another board I saw that some people did get banned for things they said in private groups. Private groups are technically still monitored I think, or at least that's what the general group consensus was there. That being said, I don't understand the rules of warnings/bans/monitoring/etc. so I could be totally wrong.
  • Should we wait for a certain amount of love tits as votes for the group before we make one? Or... just go for it? 

Also we can swear with no repercussions in private groups and it's glorious. 
    Let's just go for it 
  • @KilgraveMadeMeDoIt Sending positive vibes your way that they can figure out why this is happening. Your son sounds so sweet and smart. It must be incredibly hard to see him having meltdowns and not being able to get through to him and help him. We're hear to listen and hopefully give you some support or at least some laughs.  <3
    Awesome Kid #1: Born September 2013!
    Awesome Kid #2: Due November 2016!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Maybe we make a thread telling them where to go
  • RoxellRoxell member
    @MissAmeliaPond I'd really like to read all the reasons people put for wanting to join the private group....
  • Roxell said:
    @MissAmeliaPond I'd really like to read all the reasons people put for wanting to join the private group....
    Me too!
  • Roxell said:
    I can't figure out how to require a message with the request to join... Anyone know how to add that? 

• Roxell said:
    I can't figure out how to require a message with the request to join... Anyone know how to add that? 
    I think it's automatic, mine prompted me when I asked to join.
  • Roxell said:
    This.
    DS  12-1-2014
    DD 10-29-2016
    #3 due 10-13-2018
  • It definitely asks for a reason when you request... if people don't put one I think maybe we should PM them to find out?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • RoxellRoxell member
    Roxell said:

*stuck in the box*
    This.

• edited May 2016
    Interesting. I didn't see an option to read messages anywhere... ETA could be user error on my part though. 

• I just got around to reading the shower/sprinkle situation. Baha, loling so hard at my office desk... I'm done.

• A private group may help, but I was lurking on July16 last night, and they were saying the private groups now appear to be monitored. And if you click on the Private Group Rules, it no longer exists, so I'm wondering if they're currently changing them to be monitored more. Just a warning that private groups may not be as private as they used to be...

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Group created. Join here: https://forums.thebump.com/group/981-n16-clubhouse

I hope that link takes you to the right place. LMK if it doesn't. 
    FYI - If you try to join and it tells you something about duplicate user name error, check your inbox for an invite. Apparently you cannot request to join if you've been sent an invite. Also I was unable to accept the invite unless I was on the desktop site. 
    Awesome Kid #1: Born September 2013!
    Awesome Kid #2: Due November 2016!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • whaatwhaat member
    Who wants to do a private November 16 group? On The Bump - not Facebook. Private groups are unmonitored by BGs. 

ETA: Love tits go here to vote for private group creation.  Clever group name suggestions also welcome.
    yesyes
  • Man,  I had the best answer all typed out (on mobile,  no less) as to why I want to join the private group and it was all, "your answer is 200 characters too long" 

Someone just missed out on several sentences worth of gold that I had to delete. Your loss.  :D

Married July 2015
    Me: 26 DH:27
    Due: 11/6/2016
    Pregnancy Ticker

• whaatwhaat member
    Man,  I had the best answer all typed out (on mobile,  no less) as to why I want to join the private group and it was all, "your answer is 200 characters too long" 

Someone just missed out on several sentences worth of gold that I had to delete. Your loss.  :D

I put "you know why" because I didn't realize it mattered. We all know why though.  >:)
  • @whaat I feel the same way!  I'm bored and watching c-span.  
  • Please let me in... I know I stood up for her once, but I didn't know she'd go off the deep end.  I've learned my lesson...  :'(
    Me: 32 DH: 37
    BFP: 2/25/16; DD: 11/6/16

Nov16 Siggy Challenge: