February 2016 Moms
Options

Moving in crib

I am sure my son isn't the only one who moves from one end of the crib to the other in the night. He's is 3.5 months. My aunt called me this morning about seeing something on the news about swaddling and now I've got myself all freaked out! He has not shown any signs of rolling over yet, so I think we're ok to keep swaddling. Just wanted to see what everyone else is doing as far as swaddling. Wiggling around is different than rolling to me. But I want him to be safe!! Perhaps I should start having him sleep with one arm out? the photos are from two different mornings. Each morning he seems to be in the bottom corner now. 

Re: Moving in crib

• Options
    I stopped swaddling last week. My mom called me worried cause she saw the same thing your aunt did. My LO wiggles alums at night too so I let him now. He sleeps great without being swaddled. I tend to err on the side of caution. My baby also rolls from tummy to back though. He is 13 weeks tomorrow. 
  • Options
    I've been swaddling with arms out for quite some time now. I would maybe start leaving his arms out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We also swaddle arms out, mainly because he hated arms in. But now it gives a little peace of mind. We will probably stop swaddling in the next week or so. It just doesn't seem to do much for him at this point anymore. It does amaze me how much they move though. When we put him down, his whole body is in the video monitor. A few hours later all I can see is his head! 
  • Options
    Mine moves down a bit but rotates more than anything. Twice last week I found her with her feet sticking out of the crib in the morning!
  • Options
    I would also start swaddling arms out, then eliminate the swaddle altogether and get a plain sleep sack. It would make me nervous having LO swaddled with as much squirming as she does. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    smn14smn14 member
    It's amazing how much  they can move! Mine shimmies up the Moses basket til her head is at the top! Think it's time to move her to the big cot! 
  • Options
    Our little guy was never a fan of swaddling and sleeps fine without it, so no real advice except you could see how he does without the swaddle now? Your little dude is so CUTE! He looks proud of himself for squirming over to the corner. 
  • Options
    Tried one arm out last night! He woke up around 330, I walked in gave him his binky and let him self soothe back to sleep. He was out in about 5 mins! I will probably do one arm out again tonight and then start both arms out tomorrow since it's the weekend and I can be awake more in the night if need be! 
  • Options
    willkcwillkc member
    We just started swaddling with arms out after I woke up in the middle of the night to find he had pulled the wings of the halo sleep sack up over his face... I had such a panic attack. I would swaddle him soooo tight, but he was wiggly and strong enough that when he tried to bring his hands to his face he brought the swaddle sack with him... Terrifying. We started swaddling with arms out that next night
  • Options
    4N6s4N6s member
    I'm pretty sure the article said don't swaddle when they can roll from back to stomach which won't happen for months.. AND don't put the baby on it's stomach while swaddled. It's all common sense. 
  • Options
    Jilly82Jilly82 member
    4N6s said:
    I'm pretty sure the article said don't swaddle when they can roll from back to stomach which won't happen for months.. AND don't put the baby on it's stomach while swaddled. It's all common sense. 
    THANK YOU!  YES!

• Options
    Jilly82 said:
    4N6s said:
    THANK YOU!  YES!
    Yes, I hope one would be smart enough to not put their baby on their stomach while swaddled!