September 2016 Moms
Options

FTM Check-in (Week of 5/9)

How far along are you?

How are you feeling?

Team Blue/Pink/Green?

Rants/raves about pregnancy this week? 

Questions?

GTKY: Share something unexpected/surprising about your pregnancy thus far. 

Re: FTM Check-in (Week of 5/9)

• Options
    How far along are you? 23 weeks today :) 

How are you feeling? I am doing okay...tired and nauseous but feeling baby kick all day is so worth it. 

Team Blue/Pink/Green? Team Blue! 

Rants/raves about pregnancy this week? I'm torn between liking/disliking pregnancy. I think it's a cool experience but I am not sure if it's because it's my first and everything is brand new. It would be interesting to see how I feel if we were blessed with another child after this one. 

Questions? Who else is nervous about the glucose test?  :#

GTKY: Share something unexpected/surprising about your pregnancy thus far. I didn't know being this exhausted was in the cards for me. I also didn't expect the restless nights :( But on the bright side, feeling the baby move was so special and a feeling I will never forget. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 22 weeks

How are you feeling? Physically good, mentally I was a  bit anxious last week because LO decided to be a lazy butt and didn't move as much.  Lots of movement the past day or so, though, so that's getting better.

Team Blue/Pink/Green? Staunchly TEAM GREEN, much to my mother's chagrin

Rants/raves about pregnancy this week? Baby's moving again, so I'm loving that.  Otherwise, I'm having some serious junk food cravings that I'm trying to ignore.  Trying to keep the house stocked with veggies, fruits, and healthy snacks - but with DH out of town, the urge to make grab a quick dinner on the way home from work is strong!

Questions? Nothing today!

GTKY: Share something unexpected/surprising about your pregnancy thus far. I have been pleasantly surprised by how excited and involved some of my friends want to be.  We're the first by a while to have children, which explains a lot of it, but a bunch of them bought gifts way back when we first announced and want to keep updated with baby's fruit/veggie size, etc.  I was worried beforehand that lots of them would exclude us out of not knowing how to act around a baby (which still might happen once LO arrives, I guess), but instead they are all really looking forward to having our baby to interact with.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    How far along are you? 21 weeks yesterday 

How are you feeling? Pretty good overall

Team Blue/Pink/Green?
    Green 4 lyfe!

Rants/raves about pregnancy this week? I'm not really hating it this week so there's that ;) We had a cinco de mayo party and one of my other friends is pregnant (she's about 28 weeks along) and she can talk about pregnancy. I was getting worried that all the non pregnant folks were getting sick of the topic, but she kept looping back to it even when I changed the subject. Girl needs an outlet, I guess!

We also squared away the dates for all of my upcoming showers! DH's co-workers/friends might do a diaper party of sorts, but all the other ones are locked down. It feels good to know whats coming up in the next few weeks.

Questions? @mom2adoodle - I'm nervous I'm going to fail it :( And I'm also nervous about sugar crashing later in the day. I'll need to double check to see when mine is since I'll likely just take that whole day off of work. 

GTKY: Share something unexpected/surprising about your pregnancy thus far. I thought I'd be so much more hungry, but I'm just kinda "meh" about food in general.
  • Options
    MojieJoMojieJo member
    How far along are you?

23 + 2

How are you feeling?

My knees are killing me (swollen and so, so sore, like they're eternally sprained) and I have a pinched nerve in my back.  But otherwise, I feel great!

Team Blue/Pink/Green?

Blue!  

Baby B decided to remind us that he's a boy at today's ultrasound by making his goods the first thing we saw when the wand was put on my belly. :lol: 

I feel great other than my joints being so damn sore.  Why does that one thing have to keep me from feeling like a million bucks? :angry: 

Questions?

Nope!

What it actually feels like to have a baby playing trampoline on your bladder.  It's not what I expected, but it's unmistakable.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Our infertility journey (TW)
    ● IUI #1: BFN 
    ● IUI #2: BFP - early M/C :'(  
    ● IUI #3: BFN 
    ● IUI #4: BFN 
    ● IVF/FET #1 (2 transferred): BFP! TWINS!
    ● FET #2 (1 transferred): BFP!  BOY #3!
    ● Natural #1: BFP - M/C @ 8 weeks :'(
    ● Natural #2:  BFP - M/C @ 5w5d :'(

• Options
    How far along are you? 22 weeks!

How are you feeling? I flew back from a weekend trip to San Diego last night. I didn't get home until 2 and had to be up for work at 6. Honestly, I feel horrible. 

Team Blue/Pink/Green? Green!

Rants/raves about pregnancy this week? So fun to feel all of the kicking. Fiance has felt kicking a lot now too which makes it more real.

Questions? Not today.

GTKY: Share something unexpected/surprising about your pregnancy thus far. I always envisioned that I would be the most amazing pregnant woman ever - only organic, healthy food, exercise every day, lots of sleep - but that has definitely not happened. I feel guilty everytime I eat poorly...which was quite often this weekend!
  • Options
    RG1RG1 member
    How far along are you? 21 weeks + 6 days (or the "last day of week 21" lol)
    How are you feeling? Good, but like @jhems776, kind of feel like I've been pregnant forever. Time feels like its moving so slowly! Physically I'm alright. A few aches and pains in my back and hips but not too bad.
    Team Blue/Pink/Green? Blue!
    Rants/raves about pregnancy this week? A girl at work is due a week after me and people keep comparing our bellies and telling me in private that I'm much smaller than her. Its very frustrating, especially because we learned at our anatomy scan that they only found one artery in the umbilical cord which can lead to slower development I guess? We have another ultrasound with better equipment to see if the second artery really is there, so the doctor didn't really discuss risks with us yet until we know whether or not its actually there. Point being, people pointing out how I'm smaller than her just makes me worried my baby isn't growing at the right rate.
    Questions? Anyone else have a single artery umbilical cord?
    GTKY: Share something unexpected/surprising about your pregnancy thus far. I'm surprised at how long it feels. On one hand, I think back to things and think "I can't believe that was already a year ago!" but somehow feel like I've been pregnant forever
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @jhems776 Sorry to crash the FTM board, but I'm hoping to ease some of your guilt. I was overweight pre-pregnancy (so plenty of extra fat), and my husband started feeling baby kicking from the outside this week, at just over 21 weeks. It took closer to 30 weeks with our first, but I actually weighed less that pregnancy. This baby seems much more active, and I don't have a full anterior placenta this time. I think those two were a much bigger factor on outside movement than my weight.

• Options
    How far along are you?
    22 weeks

How are you feeling?
    tired but excited. Especially now that I can feel him move a lot more often

Team Blue/Pink/Green?
    blue

Had an appt with by ob today and I feel so great! At the ultrasound clinic, one if the employees told me she had worked with my ob and that she was knife happy. That if course had me stressing. Today as we were discussing my giant 97th percentile baby, she said she really wants to deliver me vaginalky and when my husband said something about his A+ son she says she didn't want to cut me open. I'm not against having a c section but I at least want to try

Questions?
    is it semptember yet? I'm so excited to meet this munchkin!! Patience is not my strongest trait

I am loving the baby kicks!!!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 22 weeks this week!

How are you feeling? Pretty good- though my lower back is bothering me more, and when I go for my walks I get the tightness and cramping in my lower abdomen. UGH! Other than that I can't really complain :)

Team Blue/Pink/Green? BLUE!

Rants/raves about pregnancy this week? My rant is that I wish I could go for my walks and hikes without my lower back screaming at me and my abdomen tightening and cramping! My raves- my nails are the thickest and strongest they've ever been (they're usually pitiful and break all the time). Since getting pregnant my skin is better, my hair is better, my nails are better, I haven't gotten sick even once, I'm not swelling and I'm gaining weight like I should. I'm pretty lucky! My favorite thing right now is the kicks- I am loving them! This little guy is active as hell! 

Questions? Anyone else get that tightness and pain in your lower abdomen when walking for a while? It's killing me! I love my walks, and this has been happening all too often lately!

GTKY: Share something unexpected/surprising about your pregnancy thus far. I'm most surprised at how happy I am about having a boy! I always said I wanted a girl, even when I first got pregnant. I had a feeling it was a boy though, and before I found out I really did feel that I would be genuinely happy either way. Now we know for sure it's a boy and we couldn't be happier, and I couldn't be more in love :) 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @RG1 I'm with you- it feels like it's taking forever but is also flying! 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    AmMcc12AmMcc12 member
    Hey ladies! I have missed the last few check ins, but I'm still here!!

How far along are you? 19+5

How are you feeling? Pretty good overall. I have been having some heartburn/reflex which isn't fun

Team Blue/Pink/Green? We find out on FRIDAY!!!

Rants/raves about pregnancy this week? Baby is moving more, or I am able to tell more!

Questions? Not today!!

GTKY: Share something unexpected/surprising about your pregnancy thus far. I haven't had the symptoms that I expected I would have...

Me: 26     DH: 25
    DS1 -- 9/30/2016

• Options
    How far along are you? 21+3

How are you feeling? Still feeling really good. Anxiety has been so much lower since my a/s it's been great.

Team Blue/Pink/Green? Pink!

Rants/raves about pregnancy this week? I'm finally starting to feel movement! It's a strange feeling, muffled like kicks I think. Probably the anterior placenta but I can't wait until it's more obvious and for my DH to feel them too. Leg cramps have gotten better since I started stretching before bed but this week it's heartburn.

Questions? None that come to mind

GTKY: Share something unexpected/surprising about your pregnancy thus far. I've been surprised that I've been able to keep up with my exercising for the most part and overall how pleasant my pregnancy has been. Feeling very lucky so far.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    I am 22 + 4

How are you feeling?
    besides throwing up every day? (I know I mention this in every check in but it's still so bad)
    Really though other than that I feel okay :)

Team Blue/Pink/Green?
    BLUE!

Little guy loves to kick me. I love it right now but man alive I can tell that when he is bigger it's going to hurt!

I'm surprised how much I love talking about it.  Usually I'm kind of a  private person
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kosmo86kosmo86 member
    How far along are you? 23.4 weeks

How are you feeling? great!!

Team Blue/Pink/Green? PINK!

Rants/raves about pregnancy this week?  My legs are sore because I have done 5-10 minute fitness blender leg exercises everyday since DH told me my butt and thighs have gotten bigger. He said he didn't mind but i do!!

Questions?

GTKY: Share something unexpected/surprising about your pregnancy thus far.  Very surprised at how much baby has been moving constantly!
    Me: 32 DH: 31
    TTC #2 since January 2018
    Baby #1 DD  Born 8/25/2016
    BFP: 8/11/18 Due: 4/26/18

• Options
    How far along are you? 23w+4

How are you feeling? pretty good today.

Team Blue/Pink/Green? Team Pink

Rants/raves about pregnancy this week? laying in bed this morning, waking up, miss thing decides to punch/kick my side pretty hard. i was like ok-ok im getting up. LOL little turd.

Questions? any one else been feeling super emotional lately? Ive been very irritable and getting bouts of sadness for absolutely NO reason. So bad that i just cry and feel depressed. it doesnt happen everyday or anything, didnt really happen until last 2 or 3 weeks. its really killing me. :(

GTKY: Share something unexpected/surprising about your pregnancy thus far. um, nothing too surprising. the emotional mood swings are really extreme. lol
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    21 weeks!!
    How are you feeling?
    Pretty good, some indigestion resurfacing but energy levels allow me to do what I need 
    Team Blue/Pink/Green?
    Team Purple!! 
    I surpassed indigestion after month 3 only to have it return in month 5. Luckily, it's nowhere near as bad as before, and I'm able to avoid it when I really put some effort in. Clothing is becoming trickier also. 
    Questions?
    Anyone else feeling heaviness in pelvic area after long bouts of sitting or laying down? Normal for 21 weeks? 
    Once I felt baby girl for the first time (a rolling sensation), I now feel fluttering throughout the day. Wasn't expecting to feel her this much so soon, especially with an anterior placenta. Pretty cool. 
  • Options

Questions? Who else is nervous about the glucose test?  :#
     ME!!!! i am doing mine on the 19th. theyre running anemia labs also, along with my regular appointment. the unknown always wigs me out.
  • Options
    @Kimmy717 -- YES! I'm 21 wks, and the emotional roller coaster is insane. Mostly agitation, feeling like I want to punch someone in the face or am just really frustrated... Or borderline depressed. Started to think maybe it wasn't just hormones, but reading a lot of the "I hate pregnancy" blogs reassured me I'm not alone (not that I hate it, but venting about crappy things like hormone-induced emotional chaos definitely helps).

I struggled with bipolar in my pre-teen years, so this was something that worried me. I try very, very hard to find joy in the little things. Didn't work much until my H really stepped up to make sure I was feeling OK. Hang in there <3
  • Options
    jln27jln27 member
    How far along are you? 21 weeks. 

How are you feeling? Pregnancy-wise, not bad at all. Some heartburn at night. Had a long talk with my husband about my emotional state that seemed to clear things up. However, I have chronic pain in my ankle that has only gotten worse since about two days ago. I can't have anything touch one side of it, which makes sleeping on my side hard.

Team Blue/Pink/Green? It's a girl!

Rants/raves about pregnancy this week? Nothing really, not so far anyway. I'm more sleepy than usual and a little worried about weight gain, but everything is going well.

GTKY: Share something unexpected/surprising about your pregnancy thus far. My husband shared that he is happy we're having a girl, and that he always wanted a daughter. I thought that was super sweet and unexpected. I assumed he'd want a son.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 22w5d? I forgot to look at my ticker...

How are you feeling? Eh, Big and whiney.

Team Blue/Pink/Green? TEAM BLUE!

Rants/raves about pregnancy this week? I have been struggling hard core with heartburn and acid reflux. I found out that I haven't been truly taking my Tums correctly to combat said heartburn. I read the directions as take no more than 10 tums in 24 hours. What I didn't read until this weekend 2 weeks after I have been taking the max of 10, that if your pregnant do not take more than 6! Well I guess I will be birthing out a tum now instead of a baby. Poor baby boy, I am already failing at motherhood by overdosing on calcium bicarbonate. I have an appointment on Thursday in which I plan on getting off the tums and maybe into a prescription to combat this nasty burning sensation. For now I have been trying to stay away from tums and only take them when its very bad.

Questions? Is it bad to still not have very much baby stuff and I am over half way in this pregnany? We only have outfits and a car seat and pack and play.

GTKY: Share something unexpected/surprising about your pregnancy thus far. I will be moving to Idaho potentially (Military family) before baby is born. Hubby is trying to move his report date because his original is 5 days before baby's due date. If things do not go as planned we will stay in Alaska. Baby has the possibility of either being Alaskan born or Idaho-an? born lol. 

Me:24 ~~~~~ DH:26

High school Sweethearts 03/29/07

Engaged 11/29/2009

Married 09/04/2012

TTC#1-06/01/2015

BFP 12/27/2015 EDD 9/8/2016

It's a BOY!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you? 23w 5d

How are you feeling? Pretty good! Tired at night of course, but I'm trying to work out more (3 or more days versus 2) and I think that's helping.

Team Blue/Pink/Green? blue

Rants/raves about pregnancy this week?  DH's rant more than mine, I have zero sex drive. :(

Questions? Has anyone signed up for classes like childbirth, infant CPR, etc? We've signed up for infant CPR, that's it.

GTKY: Share something unexpected/surprising about your pregnancy thus far. DH has been so awesome throughout, and I am so thankful. I just finished school, and am hopeful I'll have more time/energy to help around the house, but he's been doing most of the cleaning, dishes, yard work, etc. Bless him.

• Options
    @nativetexan512 We're signed up for a 5-week Hypnobirthing class starting May 19th. I'm really hoping it'll be worth it because it is expensive! We are both CPR certified, but would like a refresher. Someone that teaches CPR told me about a website where you can purchase a DVD and equipment and do a refresher course at home for much cheaper. I'm also doing prenatal yoga and La Leche League meetings have been AMAZING!
  • Options
    jln27jln27 member
    @Smashbox29 My husband is military and we're also looking at the potential of needing to move before baby is due or shortly afterward because of his job situation. I don't want to give birth alone, but the healthcare in this state is better than the one he'd be going to. 

Also, the only baby stuff we currently have are blankets and clothes from his grandmother, because I don't want to buy anything until we know for sure what's happening. I don't know if that's bad or not, but it's life currently. :p
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    @nativetexan512 I signed up for a bunch of classes but I'm also an information freak. Not sure how helpful they'll actually be lol. But at least I can say I tried. I signed up for a CPR class, Newborn Care, Breastfeeding, Child Birth, Car seat fitting, Happiest Baby on the Block and a Slings N Things for baby wearing. 
  • Options
    Ah825Ah825 member
    How far along are you? 22 weeks

How are you feeling? Tired! And moody

Team Blue/Pink/Green? Blue

Rants/raves about pregnancy this week?  When I make dinner, YOU wash the dishes!!!!
  • Options
    How far along are you? 20 weeks

How are you feeling? I'm tired, and I am getting heartburn pretty regularly.  I have had ongoing sinus issues, and my lower right eyelid has been twitching several times a day.  I'm needing to put my feet up more often, as my legs feel tired when I have been standing a while.  

Team Blue/Pink/Green? We find out next week.

Rants/raves about pregnancy this week? Last night my baby seemed to think that 2:30 in the morning was an appropriate time to practice kickboxing. 

Questions? Did anyone else here have their bellys pop out sooner than all of the books said they were supposed to?  I started having a round belly by like week 8, and keep wondering if there is something the doctor is missing (eg. multiples, further than I should be, etc.)

GTKY: Share something unexpected/surprising about your pregnancy thus far. My baby has interesting timing sometimes when it kicks.  A few nights ago my husband and I were watching tv on the couch.  He had his arm around me, and kind of squeezed me toward him a little.  It felt a little uncomfortable so I said "Hey don't squeeze me like that."  Suddenly I felt a kick.  "You didn't like it either huh?"  I said looking down.  It also kicked some when we made a donation to a children's hospital at a check stand.  The other day I picked up a bag with wooden toys in it at a store.  It had been pretty quite most of the day, but I suddenly felt several kicks. "Ok, ok I'm getting it"  I said looking down. 

• Options
    csukkhacsukkha member
    How far along are you? 20 wks +4

How are you feeling? Pretty good, found out the hard way eating right before bed isnt a good idea 

Team Blue/Pink/Green? Team BLUE!!

Rants/raves about pregnancy this week? Interesting eating more foods my DH likes the LO definitely has the same taste buds as DH.

Questions? 

GTKY: Share something unexpected/surprising about your pregnancy thus far. How quickly my comfort level changes throughout the day. 
  • Options

Anyone else feeling heaviness in pelvic area after long bouts of sitting or laying down? Normal for 21 weeks? 
    YES!! i was feeling that all day yesterday!! i think the little brat was just hanging out down there. it feels like you have a rock in your stomach or you just ate a 50lb hamburger or something... 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 20+5

How are you feeling? Feeling pretty darn good right now. I had a high energy and productive morning

Team Blue/Pink/Green? Pink!

Rants/raves about pregnancy this week? I am having a pretty good week, and for one of the first times actually enjoying being pregnant! I can't wait until I can feel kicks with my anterior placenta!

Questions? 

GTKY: Share something unexpected/surprising about your pregnancy thus far. I truly felt deep down that I was carrying a boy. I'm excited about a little girl (DH is over the moon), but I wasn't expecting her!
  • Options
    Kimmy717Kimmy717 member
    edited May 2016
    @csukkha -- yes! my LO has some similar test buds as her daddy. I want Chinese every now and then and i dont do Chinese...
  • Options
    @Jillybear82 I didn't personally swell all that early, but for other symptoms/developments I have been.  For almost everything, I was either early or late, but almost never "on time", according to books/online stuff. While it is technically possible your OB missed a multiple, or that you ovulated super early compared to what you expected, I wouldn't assume anything is out of the ordinary.  We all grow differently!
  • Options
    ThscaryThscary member
    I'm really late to the party this week

How far along are you? 20 + 2

How are you feeling? Good but always hungry 

Team Blue/Pink/Green? Blue!

Rants/raves about pregnancy this week?  I'm starting to be able to feel baby move from the outside now which is awesome. Hoping DH will feel soon. As soon as he puts his hand on me baby stops moving 

Questions? I asked once on another thread but is anyone cord blood banking? And if so what bank are you using

GTKY: Share something unexpected/surprising about your pregnancy thus far.  I'm the first of most my college friends and one of the firsts of high school friends to have a baby, and I al surprised at how excited all of my friends are. I didn't think they'd be this into it. It's really nice :)
  • Options
    Thscary said:
    As soon as he puts his hand on me baby stops moving 

Questions? I asked once on another thread but is anyone cord blood banking? And if so what bank are you using
    My little one used to do the very same thing! my SO put his hands on me to feel her and she would just stop. We said she likes to play opossum when daddy is around lol. 

Thats a good question on cord blood banking, i never really thought about it myself.
  • Options

mom2adoodle reporting back - I had my glucose test this am, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it would be. I was told to fast after midnight, and my appointment was at 8am. I took snacks and a water bottle to the office for afterwards; I didn't know that you can't drink anything between blood draws.

I had the fruit punch flavor cold, and I may be nuts but I thought it was delicious. I had to sip, not chug, but it was not bad at all. Then I had a quick Doppler check with the OB, and sat in the waiting room for the rest of the hour. Probably the worst part was getting blood drawn on an empty stomach, but it was do-able. My doc has a phlebotomist (sp?) in the office to do the draws so I was able to stay in one place.

Good luck ladies - definitely was less of an issue that I envisioned it being.

• Options
    nativetexan512 thanks for the update, im not looking forward to mine on the 19th.
  • Options
    Ugh, me either...I had trouble with them finding a vein and passed out before they got all the need vials last time, and I was working on a full stomach and good hydration!  I can only imaging the trouble I'll have after fasting beforehand... :frowning: 
  • Options
    Emillz5Emillz5 member
    How far along are you?
    23 weeks and 5 days!
    How are you feeling?
    Good. Started to get more tired this week than normal, but I can feel my baby boy kicking tons more this week which is awesome :)
    Team Blue/Pink/Green?
    Team Blue!
    I'm just thankful my baby is healthy and pregnancy has been a breeze for me so far. I haven't thrown up one time. I don't wanna speak too soon though because I know summer will be tough being huge in the Oklahoma heat
    Questions?
    Does anyone else's baby kick their cervix super hard? Lol it seems like he's trying to get out already
    I'm surprised how big I have gotten so fast
  • Options
    @Jabreen @nativetexan512 I wasn't told to fast before the test :/ Only to not eat/drink during the test. (the one hour one). Does this sound right?